Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,161 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

May works to uncover the truth about what happened to her; Aida's next move puts everyone at risk.

Or, as I'd sum it up:  May strikes back!

And the Sneak Peaks:

So tune in Tuesday, Jan 24, to ABC at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central, True Believers, to see what happens next!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

I wonder if Simmon's comments that "this doesn't seem like" Coulson and Daisy is foreshadowing of some kind.  Maybe May isn't the only LMD around.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,161 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'm thinking that'd be going a step too far, especially given the pains they took to establish LMD-May and what happened to her template.  I'd rather think we're witnessing a legitimate debate about a decision where not everyone is on-board.

Still, it also appears as if they're doing a mole-hunt, to render SHIELD (and its operations, and those it is responsible for) more secure against outside interests, even as they walk into the lion's den.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Probably, but the way she phrased it makes me suspicious.  Maybe it was intended as a red herring.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,161 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

So ... Coulson's making mistakes, very interesting.  While it did expose the leak, it also pointed up that General Talbot actually was right.

Admittedly, with the Radcliff revelation at the end, it did take me a moment to connect he dots as to how the Senator got her information bout Coulson's infiltration of her office.  However, all the pieces were there so again, props to the writers.

It seems like Daisy and Mace were continuing to bond before the committee hearing ... although, I would have expected SHIELD (or at least have Talbot advise) to give Daisy a pre-hearing prep and rehearsal for the type of questions she could expect from the committee.  Letting her go in unprepared, with naught but the Truth and her own wits really did seem out of character for Coulson, and for Daisy.

The Mack-Yoyo romance continues, with it handled in such a way as to be a red-herring.

As for May, I am really interested just how they are going to get her out of her predicament intact.

Finally, good on Fitz for his investigation; albeit the inadequate blinking indicator seemed a mite too contrived.  And Radcliff, thus far, is proving to be a most interesting adversary for SHIELD.  He is certainly more interesting than his predecessors as, other than survival, his motivations are still undefined, and he genuinely cares for those who share his enthusiasms.

All in all, :welldone:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 January 2017 - 11:31 AM.

-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Not only was this week's episode not up on On Demand, but last week's episode disappeared.

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,161 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

^^^Yikes.

Here's hoping this is only a temporary hiccup and not an indicator of an on-going problem.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 26 January 2017 - 12:27 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

No, Comcast's On Demand has sucked for a while. I thought they were getting better when The Librarians showed up on time, but they're back to their old ways.

But SHIELD was up there today, and it was a pretty good episode. The real May is still held in virtual captivity, but RoboMay knows the score-- she just can't do anything about it.  Or can she?  I have a feeling that Radcliffe has underestimated her.  May, Robo or otherwise, will find a way around her programming. I'm betting that RealMay and RoboMay escape their respective bonds simultaneously.  

Even more interesting is how Radcliffe is getting into her head. First he figured out, through RoboMay, that May does indeed have feelings for Coulson (and vice versa for YoYo, in a parallel conversation with Coulson). Then he figured out that the way to really get to her is through the incident in Bahrain. When she wakes up and realizes that was a trick, Radcliffe's life won't be worth a plugged nickel.

Mack and Yoyo make a great couple (although their sex scene  was incredibly unconvincing).  Yoyo's hot bloodedness makes a nice contrast to Mack's reticence. I got a kick out of her "I'm a knockout" and her inventory of Mack's of Mack's physical attributes (she'd probably just shake her head at me and give me a dollar for a candy bar :lol: ). And we got to learn a little bit about Mack's sad history, and the reason for his reticence. The poor guy has reason to be sad.

Talbot got a couple of moments to shine in this one, as did Mace. Talbot certainly made his point with Coulson about being responsible for SHIELD's continued existence, and that was a nice conversation between Mace and Daisy in the hearing. Both of them have admirable qualities, despite their flaws and comedic value.

Radcliffe makes a quite interesting antagonist. He seems to genuinely not want to hurt anyone and possibly wants to benefit the world-- we still don't know what his actual goal is.  But getting mixed up with the senator is not going to lead to anything good.

View PostG-man, on 25 January 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

The Mack-Yoyo romance continues, with it handled in such a way as to be a red-herring.  
Yeah, that, the scene when Gemma makes the comments about Daisy and Coulson, and the scene with Fitz, were all red herrings-- unless Radcliffe was talking about another LMD besides himself.  :lol:

#9 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,422 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Not only was this week's episode not up on On Demand, but last week's episode disappeared.

You can't just watch the episodes as broadcast, at least for your favorite shows?
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,689 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Not SHIELD, anyway. I get up very early, so 10oclock is too late to watch a show. There's probably other shows that I could watch in real time, but nowadays I'm accustomed to reading at night and watching TV in the day. It used to be more convenient because you used to be able to fast forward through commercials on On Demand, but you can't do that anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users