#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

Episode 40: Lit By A Blazing Sun

Iok makes his move this week, killing favourite characters and forever altering the balance of power in the Outer Spheres.

Spoiler
I count no fewer than three war crimes here: using weapons banned by treaty, killing civilians, and attempting to kill a surrendered combatant. The latter two are a step beyond even Gjallarhorn's policies (traditionally, Gjallarhorn at least attempts to justify itself), but it's the first one that will get Iok in serious trouble --or would, if anyone thought to gather photographic evidence during the massacre.

Evidence or not, three of the most dangerous people in this setting now want Iok-in-particular dead, and I doubt either Rustal or Julieta are going to be particularly inclined to protect him after this boondoggle. We know McGillis is setting up for his endgame, but Gjallarhorn might find itself facing a full uprising after this.

I wish Amida's last words were a little less gender-essentialist, but I guess it's true to her character, and I certainly can't argue that they didn't both go out heroically, fighting to defend their family.

I also love the subtle detail that Merribit apparently figured out on her own where Turbines would be, regardless of Naze's warning; she's just as loyal and headstrong as the rest of them, she just shows it differently.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, military science fiction, space battles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users