• 4,965 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Airdate February 7, 2017

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 2-11, pic LGN211a_0248b2_FULL.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-11, pic LGN211b_0013bd_FULL.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-11, pic LGN211b_0143b_FULL.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-11, pic LGN211b_0179b_FULL.jpeg

The Legends travel to the winter of 1776 to protect George Washington and the American Revolutionary War. Unfortunately, things don't go as planned, and Sara sends out Nate and Amaya to help. Meanwhile, Jax and Stein, who are busy protecting the incapacitated Waverider from their new enemy, are forced to step into roles for which they feel unprepared.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Paraphrasing: "Now I need to talk to you about the criminal justice system" *laughs*
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

^That was funny.

This was one of the better episodes of the season, utilizing the entire cast quite well and having a nice amount of tension in it. The only downside to the episode were the dumb decisions made by Nate and Amaya and Jax and Sara.

I mean, seriously. Nate and Amaya are on a rescue mission and they decide it's a good idea to have sex and then fall asleep. Sure, Nate was suffering from hypothermia but it was still such a stupid idea. Nate was also stupid with how he made it sound like everyone in modern times is casual about sex and not really into relationships.

The other stupid decision was with Jax and Sara letting evil Rip leave with the section of the Spear of Destiny. I'm not saying Jax should have killed him, but he could have shot Rip in the leg, dragged him back to the Waverider, had Gideon fix him up, and then they'd have Rip and the Spear piece. Instead they just let him walk away. I was close to pulling my hair out right then.

I have to say, Evil Rip is sexy.  He took the team down pretty easily and had absolutely no qualms about it. He's going to be a bigger foe than the rest of the Legion of Doom combined.

Mick working with George Washington and schooling him as to how Americans really are was a thing of beauty. That was Mick at his best. Got to love it.

Jax did a good job with protecting the ship. He took down the invaders quite handily and almost got the drop on Rip as well.

Not a lot of Ray this episode, or not a lot of Ray that wasn't CGI anyways. Still, it was nice to see his shrinking ability used for something other than just fighting. His trek through the ship and chase by the rat were fun.

I loved the Christmas dinner ending. It was a nice way to end the episode and was just full of warm fuzzies. It's not that often that we see the Legends just enjoying the company of one another without some big crisis to attend to.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users