#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

Posted Image

Episode 42: Settlement

While Tekkadan deals with Jasley, Kudelia realizes that she's been sidelined, and the Gjallarhorn civil war officially begins.

Spoiler
I've seen complaints elsewhere calling this episode unsatisfying, but I think that's the point; killing Jasley is the sort of thing that S1 Tekkadan would have treated like a major victory, but their world has grown large enough that none of the characters themselves can find any satisfaction in it.

That seems to be a motif this week, with Zack, Kudelia, and Julieta ending up equally unsatisfied with the questions they've been confronting.

Ironically, it looks like they didn't need to break ranks with Teiwaz to begin with; once McMurdo fired Jasley, Tekkadan was essentially doing what he would've needed to do anyway. Orga, of course, probably can't know this (unless there's been a conversation between McMurdo and Orga that we haven't been shown), but Tekkadan may yet find itself with unexpected allies.

Speaking of deliberate omissions, I can't help but notice that Rustal and Iok are completely absent this week. Vidar is the only one of Rustal's people who gets a reaction scene, and it's from the cockpit of his Gundam, as if he was caught in the middle of doing something.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, military science fiction, space battle

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users