Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

Coulson and the team engage in a deadly cat-and-mouse game as they work to rescue Director Mace, who is fighting for his life.

And the sneak peeks, with things not looking good for Director Mace:

So remember to tune in Tuesday to ABC, True Believers, at 10p Eastern/9pm Central to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,666 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

"This is why I don't have Facebook."  :lol:

Poor Mace. He had a rep that was a lie, but he made it come true.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

View PostG-man, on 13 February 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Coulson and the team engage in a deadly cat-and-mouse game as they work to rescue Director Mace, who is fighting for his life.

And the sneak peeks, with things not looking good for Director Mace:

So remember to tune in Tuesday to ABC, True Believers, at 10p Eastern/9pm Central to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

I don't remember if I have ever told you this before.  Each week when I read your email, it makes me smile because it reminds me of the original Batman TV series.  AT the end of each episode the announcer would say "Tune in next week.  Same bat time.  Same bat channel."

Do you remember that? :D

Edited by M.E., 15 February 2017 - 12:50 AM.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,157 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

Yes I do, M.E., and thanks, that was the effect I was aiming for.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,666 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

I remember it very well, too.  That was about my favorite show back in the day.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

Also, "True Believers" was one of Stan Lee's catchphrases back in his Bullpen Bulletins days.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

^^^Indeed.  That's where I got it, as I remember reading it in the comics when I was a kid.

So I consciously harkened back to those halcyon days of my youth in order to wrap up my initial post in my review threads of this Marvel Production.  I should be able to provide my reaction to the episode tomorrow, as there was a lot to absorb in it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 16 February 2017 - 05:11 PM.

-- Doc Savage

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,666 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

^^  "Halcyon" was another of The Man's favorite words. I remember those days well.  I practically learned to read on Lee and Kirby's FF.

Well, that was a mighty interesting episode.

The flashbacks were interesting on a couple of levels. They showed the origin of the Superior, of course, but they also showed that the romantic aspect of Coulson and May's relationship has a history. They had once considered getting involved, and even had at least one intimate encounter (although that was in the line of duty). I wonder if the next few episodes will get more deeply into their past. Perhaps they actually were involved for a time. Maybe they made some kind of deal not to get involved.  In any case, it was fun seeing younger versions of both of them-- Coulson not quite so hyper-competent, and May quite a bit happier.

Mack was quite harsh with Fitz this week. Mack is a real nice guy and he saved Fitz from giving up when he had brain damage, but he can be pretty narrow minded at times.

Simmons was pretty sharp to pick up on the timing anomalies. And now we have a total of five main characters replaced by android doubles. Very cool.  The android double replacement plot is a classic and we haven't had one in a good long while.  I wonder if all the kidnapped characters will be in the same framework together. I wonder if the real Mace actually survived.  I was thinking that he wouldn't live to see the end of the season, but now I wonder if his body will die, but he will survive in the framework with Agnes. Perhaps a little virtual romance will evolve.

Oh, I also liked how Radcliffe set up his virtual world in the model of SETI At Home.  It certainly goes to show the potential of the idea, for both good and evil.

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,157 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Absolutely.  Although it seemed to me that Radcliffe was spending a lot of time in the framework, possibly romancing Agnes.  As for the LMD's, would the whole idea of replacing the staff be for the staff's own protection, or does Aida, now unsupervised by Radcliffe now have ideas of her own that she is putting into operation?

Of course, if there is but one Framework hosting an entire virtual world, it would make sense simply to deposit any new psyches into that world rather than cloning separate worlds for each person  they capture and replace. If the gang are all in a shared world, then Radcliffe will have the unexpected surprise of being pursued within the framework, even as the LMDs are taking over SHIELD in the real world.

/s/

Gloriosus
he G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,666 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostG-man, on 17 February 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Absolutely.  Although it seemed to me that Radcliffe was spending a lot of time in the framework, possibly romancing Agnes.  
Come to think of it, it's interesting that they didn't show us what he was doing in the framework. There may be a reason for that.  Perhaps there's a plot twist coming up.  Or maybe it was just x-rated.  :D

As for the LMD's, would the whole idea of replacing the staff be for the staff's own protection, or does Aida, now unsupervised by Radcliffe now have ideas of her own that she is putting into operation?  
One interesting thing about this story arc is that the characters' motivations are often a mystery. We didn't really know what Radcliffe wanted, and now we don't know what Aida wants. It could be some Asimovian thing where she wants to protect humanity from itself, or it could be the corruption of the Darkhold. Or some glitch in Radcliffe's programming.

Of course, if there is but one Framework hosting an entire virtual world, it would make sense simply to deposit any new psyches into that world rather than cloning separate worlds for each person  they capture and replace. If the gang are all in a shared world, then Radcliffe will have the unexpected surprise of being pursued within the framework, even as the LMDs are taking over SHIELD in the real world.  
The thing about the framework is that, even though it's designed as a host environment for human minds, it's still a computer program. All of these people may be in there, but Radcliffe (or Aida) could easily set their properties so that they are invisible to each other. Or become paralyzed in Radcliffe's presence or something. Similar to what he did to RoboMay to protect himself from her.

#11 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Perhaps they actually were involved for a time

May said she had an upcoming date with a shrink. That is most likely Andrew, whom she married. So any burgeoning romance between her and Coulson got derailed when she and Andrew clicked.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#12 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 16 February 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wonder if all the kidnapped characters will be in the same framework together.
Given the competencies of the individuals in question, that would be a spectacularly stupid idea.

Which means that's probably what he did. Villains.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,666 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostCardie, on 17 February 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

May said she had an upcoming date with a shrink. That is most likely Andrew, whom she married. So any burgeoning romance between her and Coulson got derailed when she and Andrew clicked.  
Ah, I missed that comment. Probably true.

View PostCybersnark, on 17 February 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Given the competencies of the individuals in question, that would be a spectacularly stupid idea.

Which means that's probably what he did. Villains.  
They practically defeat themselves.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users