• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

After Metallo (guest star Frederick Schmidt) breaks out of prison and frees Lillian Luthor (guest star Brenda Strong), the police blame Lena (guest star Katie McGrath) for his escape and arrest her. Despite overwhelming evidence, Kara (Melissa Benoist) refuses to believe her friend is guilty and fights to clear Lena's name. Flashbacks reveal how Lena came to be a Luthor. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) celebrate their first Valentine's Day together.

Read more: Listings - SUPERGIRL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4YcKFcmyw

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

I am not sure how the insinuation that Lena is evil at at the end of the episode (with the whole chess flash-back) jives with how she was acting around her mother when there were no witness around, nor cameras expected. And since they were in a secret base, and Supergirl doesn't skulk, I don't see how she could have been worried about being spied on. Unless she is playing some strange long con on her mother and not on Kara/Supergirl (or possibly a more complicated one on both).
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

Nice to see the Luthors again. Cadmus has been on the back burner for the last three episodes.

I guess I just assumed Alex was out to everyone already but apparently not. It was nice that everyone accepted her.

I was hoping Metallo would show up again. His testimony at the trial was pretty chilling. I really hope he's not dead.  Sure he blew up because of the fake kryptonite but it's a comic book show. He can always come back.

Cyborg Superman is still being wasted. There's no real point to him being here.

Loved the little easter eggs in Lex's bunker. Too bad they didn't use the war suit. I was so hoping that would get busted out.

Glad that Kara is patching things up with her friends. She and Jimmy finally come to an understanding about him being Guardian. It doesn't mean things will be smooth sailing from here between the two but it's better than the chill that has existed between them.

Not sure how the flashback works with how Lena was shown throughout the rest of the episode either, sierraleone,  unless learning that she's a real Luthor has changed her somewhat. It's also possible that maybe she is planning on doing something to catch her mother. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out though I hope she doesn't just turn bad.

Has Mon-El given up on being a hero? Ever since the Livewire episode he hasn't trained or mentioned it. I hope it gets brought back up again. I also hope he gets a costume soon.

Kara finally admits that she has feelings for Mon-El. It's about time. Of course, it gets ruined by Mr. Mxyzptlk showing up. I so did not expect that.

The preview for next episode looks great. I am so excited to see Supergirl go up against the imp from the fifth dimension.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users