• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

When Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) informs the team that her father (Tom Cavanagh) has been abducted, Barry (Grant Gustin), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Julian (Tom Felton) voyage to Earth-2 on a rescue mission to save Harry from Gorilla City. As they trek through the forest, Barry and the team are immediately captured and brought to Grodd (voiced by David Sobolov). Grodd tells them he needs their help to stop Solovar (voiced by Keith David), the leader of Gorilla City, as Solovar wants to invade Earth-1. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jesse and Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) hit the streets to stop a metahuman that can control gravity, with H.R. and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) guiding them from S.T.A.R. Labs.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4ZKhnFeDO

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

OMG, the adventure hat is back!  :love:  :fallover:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 21 February 2017 - 10:26 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

I loved most of the episode, mainly because of seeing Gorilla City and Grodd again.

I absolutely HATED their escape plan. It was so stupid, made absolutely zero sense. The whole plan hinged on Grodd removing Barry from the cage, after thinking he's dead? Why would Grodd do such a thing? Or why wouldn't Grodd make sure he was dead by breaking his neck or something? And then while in the frost induced coma, Barry is apparently still able to hear them say "Grodd's gone now". And then he literally zooms away carrying like 5 people. Super Strength isn't one of Barry's powers. There is literally no way he could've carried all 5 like that.

Now we come to the cringe worthy Wally and Jessie relationship. It feels incredibly forced. No chemistry whatsoever.

Loved the fight between Flash and Solovar. And loved seeing Solovar.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:22 PM

During this episode I got the strangest feeling that the reintroduction of Jesse wasn't innocuous.

I feel that the show writers feel they have to give some pay-off to this build up to Iris's oncoming date with death. What if they pay-off is a major death? And not just someone more tangentially related to the good guys? Some who has gotten relatively lots of screen time? With the shift of focus on Jesse coming back into their orbits, possibly on-going, I was wondering if Jesse could be on the chopping block with them changing the future. You'd think the team would use all the help they could get, but when Barry was in the future there was no sign of any other speedsters.

I suppose we'll have to see if Jesse sticks around at the end of next episode or decides to go back to her Earth. Not that that would exclude for sure exclude her from danger, but I imagine they would want to make the impact greater by spending more time on Jesse, and her relationship with Wally.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users