• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

As Alex (Chyler Leigh) searches for Jeremiah (guest star Dean Cain) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) investigates a series of alien kidnappings, the sisters realize they must break the rules to foil a new Cadmus plot. In an effort to get Snapper Carr (guest star Ian Gomez) to run a story that would help her stop Cadmus, Kara agrees to set up an interview between Snapper and Supergirl.

Read more: Listings - SUPERGIRL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4aYkgYv3g

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Ahhh!! :eek2:

That was a shocker of an ending! :D

Hail, hail, the gangs all here.

#3 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

While I understood that Snapper(?) wanted Kara to have more sources, couldn't have Kara at least proven aliens were going missing, which is a story in and of itself? (Which would tell people/aliens that aliens need to watch out for themselves). And if you want to protect the anonymity of aliens who could pass for human (like the family we saw in the beginning), then just choose some of the aliens who can not pass for humans to use in your story for Katco.

I don't know who that presumably Krypton/Daxam pair were supposed to be, but I am going to go out on a limb and say Mon-El's parents, which, if he is a Daxam Prince, would make them Daxam's King and Queen.

Edited by sierraleone, 07 March 2017 - 10:45 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

That was an excellent episode. The rescue scene with Supergirl trying to stop the ship from leaping into space with Alex encouraging her was very moving. The acting, the stunt and CGI work, the directing, and the music all worked well together to create a very powerful scene.

This was a great episode for Alex. Chlyer Leigh knocked it out of the park. Alex really became unhinged as she tried to find her father and prove that he wasn't a traitor. She came really close to killing that prisoner and then went off the grid to find Cadmus and her father. Heck, she was even prepared to blow up the Cadmus base with everyone in it. Her conversation with Jeremiah about how he's done evil things to save Alex and Kara was great. I do worry about them both now since Lillian has declared war on them.

I did not see Kara getting fired, but it makes sense. Snapper has been teaching Kara to be an honest reporter and above reproach and she went and posted a story he killed and she did it on a blog.

While it sucks that Kara is fired they never did much with her job anyways. We never saw her do any stories that didn't relate to whatever plot of the week was going on anyways.

Maybe this will bring Cat back, though. While this has been a great season, she has been missed.

While I understood that Snapper(?) wanted Kara to have more sources, couldn't have Kara at least proven aliens were going missing, which is a story in and of itself? (Which would tell people/aliens that aliens need to watch out for themselves). And if you want to protect the anonymity of aliens who could pass for human (like the family we saw in the beginning), then just choose some of the aliens who can not pass for humans to use in your story for Katco.

That's what I thought she would do too. She couldn't do the story she wanted to tell, but she could have done the story you suggested.

Nice to see Jimmy back even if he still didn't have much to do. He did get a heroic save as Guardian though so that's something.

Not really feeling Lyra at the moment. I think it's because she was just dumped onto the show with little fanfare and all of a sudden she's the woman of Winn's dreams.

Even though I knew they were coming, seeing Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo at the end was amazing. While there have been some amazing actresses playing Lois Lane, Teri Hatcher will always be my Lois.

If those two are Mon-El's parents, I wonder where they were when Daxam exploded. Were they away on the ship before the planet went kaboom, or did they escape as the destruction started? If so, why didn't Mon-El go with them?
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users