• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 benesound

benesound

Ben Eternal Sound

• Islander
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:03 AM

Here's some photos that I took recently. The monument images were taken using a Godox monolight. One photo shows the light positioned in front of the monument.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,082 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Very nice work. The pictures of the pine cones and pool balls are striking. Is there a particular reason you have number 11 at the forefront?

I like the monument, too, especially the first one with the dusky sky in the background.  What exactly is that monument?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 benesound

benesound

Ben Eternal Sound

• Islander
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 08 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Very nice work. The pictures of the pine cones and pool balls are striking. Is there a particular reason you have number 11 at the forefront?

I like the monument, too, especially the first one with the dusky sky in the background.  What exactly is that monument?

Thanks. No reason for the 11 ball being in front. I just randomly positioned the balls.

The monument is about the civil war Battle of Buffington Island. It was the only major attack by Confederate forces on the state of Ohio during the American Civil War.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,082 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postbenesound, on 09 March 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Thanks. No reason for the 11 ball being in front. I just randomly positioned the balls.  
Oh, okay. I was hoping for hidden symbolism.  :D

The monument is about the civil war Battle of Buffington Island. It was the only major attack by Confederate forces on the state of Ohio during the American Civil War.

Ah, interesting. Was that a vacation or do you live nearby?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 benesound

benesound

Ben Eternal Sound

• Islander
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Here's a few new ones.

Attached Images

• tree 23.jpg
  • Rake 2.jpg
  • IMG_4653.jpg
  • Balloon.jpg

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,082 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Really nice. I like the farm, because I like farms, but that sunset (or rise) is pretty spectacular.

#7 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

In our visual age, we're inundated by so many high quality images that we don't appreciate the artistry/effort  that goes into them.

As a one-time amateur film photographer, I'm blown away by some of these. Please tell me they were taken on a digital camera.

#8 benesound

benesound

Ben Eternal Sound

• Islander
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostOrpheus, on 18 March 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

In our visual age, we're inundated by so many high quality images that we don't appreciate the artistry/effort  that goes into them.

As a one-time amateur film photographer, I'm blown away by some of these. Please tell me they were taken on a digital camera.

Thanks. I used a Canon Rebel SL1 for all photos. I plan on purchasing a better camera in the future, but the SL1 has been a good camera to learn with.

I've been studying photography online for about a year now using various websites and watching videos on Youtube.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: photos, monument, civil war, nature, pool, billiards, bridge, sunset, microphone

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users