11 replies to this topic

#1 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

Craving a little perspective.

• Islander
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hello again, all -
This is NittanyLioness.  I realize I may still not be welcome here, and I promise I will leave quietly if my showing up bothers you.
But I am would like to know more about Balderdash's passing last year, and cannot seem to find any info.  I knew her from way before EI's time, when Xena fandom was in full swing on the official board.

I also would like very much to be able to log into my old account, simply to retreive private messages that I had, and a few that I probably missed completely from after I was banned.  If Orpheus or a ptb could make that happen for a period of time, you have my word that I won't engage in political talk and will leave you all alone.

For any still here that are/were also part of the Xena fandom family - question - has it been announced on the old forums that she had died? Does anyone know if Spectacles knows?  Has she come back since?

Thanks for indulging me if you are so inclined. I did try to ask about a year ago via email to admins - but never got a response, not sure it went through due to ban, so trying another route and to be upfront about it.

Edited by OLDNL, 08 March 2017 - 09:48 AM.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#2 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostOLDNL, on 08 March 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Hello again, all -
This is NittanyLioness.  I realize I may still not be welcome here, and I promise I will leave quietly if my showing up bothers you.
But I am would like to know more about Balderdash's passing last year, and cannot seem to find any info.  I knew her from way before EI's time, when Xena fandom was in full swing on the official board.

Hi NL. I received a PM from Nikki, plus heard from baldy's daughter when it happened.

View PostOLDNL, on 08 March 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

For any still here that are/were also part of the Xena fandom family - question - has it been announced on the old forums that she had died? Does anyone know if Spectacles knows?  Has she come back since?

Yes, I posted on TalkingXena: A long time Xena fan has passed away Not many responses, but H/X fans from the old days are hard to find these days. I also posted on  a couple other boards with former Xena members, but those boards are private (and no one posts on them any more).

Yes, Specs knows. No, she won't becoming back.

If I can help with any other questions, you can ask here or you may PM me through yuku. :)
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#3 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

OK great.  Thanks for the response.

I'd wish to have access again if only temporary, to my Nittany Lioness 1 handle, so I can see my private messages that came through.
If tptb wish to reban me after a few days, OK.

I guess Orpheus or whoever flips switches around here needs to be nudged to see this thread. I tried emailing but it didn't work.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#4 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Do we know what happened?  I had it in my head she was roughly the same age as me.  Scary.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#5 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Nikki said that Baldy had a sudden heart attack.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

I guess Orpheus or whoever flips switches around here needs to be nudged to see this thread. I tried emailing but it didn't work.

Just wanted to let you know that the mods aren't ignoring you. We just move at a glacial pace nowadays.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#7 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:31 AM

We are discussing it in the Staff Lounge. We're just waiting for more staff/LoP to weigh in. Like the board itself these days, discussion there is slow.

Speaking for the technical side, I can create a solution to let you access your PMs etc., whatever thy decide about your posting participation.

#8 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yes, that's really all I'm after- any PM's - I have no desire to post politics anymore.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#9 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Well, you were upfront about the new acct. That counts for a lot.

#10 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

You're reinstated. Cool. I don't get to use this spell prescription very often.

BAM!

(Really? I thought it would be much fancier than that.)

Anyway, you should now be able to login as Nittany Lioness to post, access PMs and all that good stuff.
If you don't recall your old password, use the "Forgot My Password" function on the password page.
If you don't have your original email address, contact me at Orphic.Mysteries@Gmail.com

#11 Nittany Lioness

Nittany Lioness

• Islander
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

It worked - OK OLNL's account was lieraly replaed with Nittany Lioness' original account?  I think that's why just now I can't log in as OLDNL.

Thank you.

I'm cold Howard.jpg

#12 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,348 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:32 PM

I reactivated Nittany Lioness, so she could access her PMs , and merged NL with OLDNL, so all her posts (old/new) would be correctly attributed to the name by which she was known/loved.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users