131 replies to this topic

#121 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 28 July 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 28 July 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

You do realize that the ACA is thriving in a large majority of other states, especially where the governors who cared about their constituents accepted the Medicaid expansion program and funds to improve access to health care in their states?

Actually I didn't know that.

The reason why you're not aware of that is because the political party you follow and believe in has an agenda to destroy the ACA. So the counties in Iowa, and Ohio, and Nevada, and elsewhere that are currently under represented or not represented at all by ACA exchanges are what they constantly talk about to try and shape opinion (yours) that it's in a "death spiral", "collapsed", "imploded". Republicans like 45, McConnell, or Ryan never mention that the ACA is working just fine in California, up and down the west coast,  Massachusetts, New York, the eastern seaboard, and mostly around the rest of the country but for the few areas the Republican propaganda machine harps on in its memes on the Obamacare disaster. Of course they're focusing on that aspect, they're pushing an agenda.

Just like the Democrats have an agenda to protect the law they crafted. So from them you hear how vibrant and what a blessing to the country the ACA has been. And like me, they might be inclined to minimize the problem areas that the Republicans are inclined to emphasize, because everybody pushes the agenda that supports their belief and interests. But you may have noticed, maybe not on Fox, that most of the Democrat Senators and Reps have publicly admitted that Obamacare/ACA has problems that need to be addressed legislatively. They don't insist that Obamacare is rolling along like 45 imaginatively describes his "fine-tuned" White House administration. They admit it needs bi-partisan action to solve its flaws and smooth off the rough edges and problems that have arisen in the seven years of its existence.  The only Republicans I see calling for a bi-partisan approach to fixing health care are John McCain and Lindsay Graham. With the rest it's the same old, same old bullsh!t song and dance about the death spiral of the ACA. Which can easily be researched as to its validity or veracity by seeking non-partisan studies and assessments apart from and outside the Republican/corporatist manifesto. Two references I suggest you consider by searching the question, " is the ACA in a death spiral?" are links to articles in the Washington Times, a conservative right leaning publication, and Forbes magazine, not known as a bastion of left wing bias. The findings might surprise you.

Edited by yadda yadda, 28 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.

#122 Omega

Omega

Nous sommes tous Franšais

• 3,985 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostOmega, on 25 July 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Someone pointed out that McCain's political career is ending as it began: flying somewhere to kill people.

Well. So much for that.

#123 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

^ At least he flew in to kill McConnell and Ryan's dream.

#124 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 28 July 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

. Republicans like 45, McConnell, or Ryan never mention that the ACA is working just fine in California, up and down the west coast,  Massachusetts, New York, the eastern seaboard, and mostly around the rest of the country but for the few areas the Republican propaganda machine harps on in its memes on the Obamacare disaster. Of course they're focusing on that aspect, they're pushing an agenda.

I do have to push back on this here. You claim Obamacare is working just fine in Newy York? I can't speak for the other parts of the country you mentioned, but it most certainly is NOT working fine in New York. My cousin, who had a healthcare plan and doctor that he liked, LOST both when Obamacare was rammed through. His premiums doubled, almost but not quite to the point he couldn't pay it. His deductible shot up to 15 THOUSAND. So while he and his family TECHNICALLY are covered, they essentially have no coverage. All thanks to your boy Obama.

Yes I know I used the word "boy" in reference to the a$$hole Obama, and if that gets me banned from this thread I don't give a sh*t. Obama literally F*cked with my family. I've literally broken the law, allegedly, dealing with people who have messed with my friends and family far less then what Obama did. Plus, I think I've established I'm not using that term in a racial way.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#125 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 24 March 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm also rejoicing. Obamacare is squarely OWNED by Democrats, so when it does implode, when premiums increase past the 200 or 300% increase mark, when the last health care provider leaves the plan, and people find they have NO coverage...the Democrats, and those Republicans in the Freedom Cacus, are going to have to answer for that.

For those looking for someone to beat Trump...Congrats, you managed to beat him on the healthcare bill...Now you own that. And when Obamacare does implode, you'll own that also.

I'm really glad President Trump is washing his hands, until Obamacare dies. These career politicians were probably expecting the President to try again, essentially begging them. F that sh*t. They had their chance to repeal and replace, they choked on it, now they own it.

On to taxes and building the wall.

Edit: wrong post

Edited by yadda yadda, 02 August 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#126 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 02 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 28 July 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

. Republicans like 45, McConnell, or Ryan never mention that the ACA is working just fine in California, up and down the west coast,  Massachusetts, New York, the eastern seaboard, and mostly around the rest of the country but for the few areas the Republican propaganda machine harps on in its memes on the Obamacare disaster. Of course they're focusing on that aspect, they're pushing an agenda.

I do have to push back on this here. You claim Obamacare is working just fine in Newy York? I can't speak for the other parts of the country you mentioned, but it most certainly is NOT working fine in New York. My cousin, who had a healthcare plan and doctor that he liked, LOST both when Obamacare was rammed through. His premiums doubled, almost but not quite to the point he couldn't pay it. His deductible shot up to 15 THOUSAND. So while he and his family TECHNICALLY are covered, they essentially have no coverage. All thanks to your boy Obama.

Yes I know I used the word "boy" in reference to the a$$hole Obama, and if that gets me banned from this thread I don't give a sh*t. Obama literally F*cked with my family. I've literally broken the law, allegedly, dealing with people who have messed with my friends and family far less then what Obama did. Plus, I think I've established I'm not using that term in a racial way.

The 1st Amendment guarantees your right to racially disparage President Obama repeatedly, just as it is for the racist POS you call your president to have done the same and against many other as well. I also have the right to choose not to correspond or associate with those who choose to so abase themselves and the level of discourse here on EI. Noise wall back up.

#127 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 02 August 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

The 1st Amendment guarantees your right to racially disparage President Obama repeatedly, just as it is for the racist POS you call your president to have done the same and against many other as well. I also have the right to choose not to correspond or associate with those who choose to so abase themselves and the level of discourse here on EI. Noise wall back up.

LMAO!

Why does it not surprise me that when confronted with the FACT that Obamacare isn't working fine in NY, you just throw up a "noise wall"? All over my speaking unkindly about someone who F*cked with one of my family members. Speaking unkindly about someone who did that is about the nicest thing I have ever done, allegedly, to those that do mess with my family. But, whatever.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#128 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 02 August 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Why does it not surprise me that when confronted with the FACT that Obamacare isn't working fine in NY

And now in preparation for 45's healthcare, I've already lost one medical group (I am sure the other, in the same building is next). That was exactly what the letter said, that with the changes coming, they will no longer accept my insurance as of last month. So, yay for 45 and his "healthcare".
I'll grant you, it might have something to do with 45's good buddy, the mustache (my former state governor, now China ambassador), who basically licked 45's boots clean. After all, he got re-elected and blew through this state like an f5 tornado, then left us with the mess to pay for. But it still boils down to his love of 45, and his love of power, that f'ed up our healthcare.

I suspect that there will be more lost healthcare if the Republicans don't get their heads out of their collective backsides. And just as a refresher, the ACA, was based Romney's healthcare plan. He even took credit for it stating that without Romneycare, there wouldn't have been Obamacare. I'd bet that if he had become president, that is what we would have had, the ACA, otherwise known as Romneycare.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#129 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Of course, the GOP can't let repeal and replace die:

WaPo: Democrats ask base for one more ACA rescue mission
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#130 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Trump-Ryan-McConnell wealthcare collapses again. WaPo: Senate GOP effort to unwind the ACA collapses Monday.

I don't have a link, but I know there were protests in the capital buildings again, and more were arrested, before the Maine senator came out publicly against it.

Edited by sierraleone, 25 September 2017 - 06:22 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#131 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

https://www.nytimes....ct-working.html
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#132 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

Looks like since Republicans hadn't been able to repeal the ACA and the ACA isn't imploding on its own, Trump's White House has taken the steps to ensure it does….  Cost sharing subsidies gone, immediately, there will be no subsidies to cost-share the cost of health insurance that are provided to low-income people/households.

WaPo: White House tells court it is immediately stopping ACA cost-sharing subsidies

- Masha Gessen

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users