• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Desperate to stop Savitar and save his friends, Barry (Grant Gustin) turns to the speed force for answers. H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) gives Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) some advice.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4bM0SGDAc

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

While it was nice seeing the former cast members, this was a much darker episode then I was expecting. I really feel for Jay, you KNOW what his hell moment is: Wearing that mask and being Zoom's prisoner. What I don't understand is this: If Savitar was in the same prison Wally was, and Jay currently is in, then how was he able to do anything else but relive his hell moment?

At first I thought the Speed Force was being kind of a jerk to Barry, but the Speed Force DID have a valid gripe with Barry: He did lie to it, regarding accepting his mother's death.

Barry breaking it off with Iris seemed off to me, and seemed to come from out of the blue.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

At first I thought the Speed Force was being kind of a jerk to Barry, but the Speed Force DID have a valid gripe with Barry: He did lie to it, regarding accepting his mother's death.

Yes, Barry did lie but I think had Zoom not killed his father Barry would have eventually gotten over it. Losing his father just pushed him over the edge.

Barry breaking it off with Iris seemed off to me, and seemed to come from out of the blue.

Totally agreed. They have only a little bit of time left together if Barry fails to save her and he pushes her away? It felt like the writers wanted to add more drama so they came up with this.

It was nice seeing some of the old faces again. I still think they wasted an opportunity with Ronnie. I always believed he was simply lost in the multiverse and not dead since we never saw a body. I guess this is confirmation that he did indeed die.

Jesse Quick stepped up to the plate here. She confronted Savitar and actually managed to wound him. I mean, she had no good reason to go after him in the first place, but at least something good came out of it.

Jesse's decision to go to Earth-3 to protect it since Jay is trapped in the Speed Force is a nice one, but it makes me wonder about Earth-2. Does it not need a hero? That Central City was run by Zoom and his army of meta-humans. While Zoom and several of his followers are gone now, I doubt CC-2 recovered  that quickly.

Nice seeing the Black Flash make an appearance. It's cool to see side characters like him pop up here and in other shows, like he did a few weeks ago in Legends. The perks of a shared universe.

It sucks that Jay has to stay. I really hope he's not in there forever. That would be wasting such a good character.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users