20 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...ims-racism.html

LMAO!

How are the teachers supposed to teach when the students have a better reading and comprehension then the teacher? Only Liberals would think that not requiring teachers to have to be able to read is a good thing.

But hey, the State can do whatever it wants. ALL Federal dollars going to that State's education system should also be scrapped then, since that State's teacher won't be up to snuff.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

Clickbait b.s.

The test, like old IQ tests, was found to have a racial bias. 64% of Whiteys passed on the first try, while 46% percent of Latinos and 42% of blacks passed. Like old-style IQ tests, certain of the questions were such that only Whitey could hope to answer.

The questions are multiple-choice indicators, not black & white answers. The results are not a reflection of competence on the teachers' part, but rather represent a slightly higher academic competency than the teachers' average. The teachers, it must be remembered, are already teachers, and therefore have already demonstrated their competence as such.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#3 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 15 March 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

LMAO!

How are the teachers supposed to teach when the students have a better reading and comprehension then the teacher? Only Liberals would think that not requiring teachers to have to be able to read is a good thing.

But hey, the State can do whatever it wants. ALL Federal dollars going to that State's education system should also be scrapped then, since that State's teacher won't be up to snuff.

LotS, you really need to read more than the first line/paragraph (depending). I've seen tests like they described in this article, they are almost worthless. Beyond that, you need to consider that the US doesn't bother to make sure that all children are educated. Don't tell me how it's a law, it's only a law that they stay in school until the age of 16 (I believe). Plus, the law doesn't state that they have to actually learn, only pass. How many kids are passed just to move them on because the teachers don't care, or the school doesn't care? Don't think this is just poor kids, far too many kids that are in sports are still allowed to move on through the grades.

You want better teachers, tell your leader 45. Don't come onto this board and LMAO! about it, do something!
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#4 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 15 March 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

Clickbait b.s.

The test, like old IQ tests, was found to have a racial bias. 64% of Whiteys passed on the first try, while 46% percent of Latinos and 42% of blacks passed. Like old-style IQ tests, certain of the questions were such that only Whitey could hope to answer.

The questions are multiple-choice indicators, not black & white answers. The results are not a reflection of competence on the teachers' part, but rather represent a slightly higher academic competency than the teachers' average. The teachers, it must be remembered, are already teachers, and therefore have already demonstrated their competence as such.

gsmonks, would you please stop using the term: "whitey"? Not all white people are a$$es, in case you haven't figured that out. It also breaks the rules here on EI.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostElara, on 15 March 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostLord of the Sword, on 15 March 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

LMAO!

LotS, you really need to read more than the first line/paragraph (depending). I've seen tests like they described in this article, they are almost worthless. Beyond that, you need to consider that the US doesn't bother to make sure that all children are educated. Don't tell me how it's a law, it's only a law that they stay in school until the age of 16 (I believe). Plus, the law doesn't state that they have to actually learn, only pass. How many kids are passed just to move them on because the teachers don't care, or the school doesn't care? Don't think this is just poor kids, far too many kids that are in sports are still allowed to move on through the grades.

You want better teachers, tell your leader 45. Don't come onto this board and LMAO! about it, do something!

Just like them Liberals to want to hire teacher's (sic)whose reading skills are inferior then (sic) their students. What loosers! That semi-literates can exist in glass houses a mere stone's throw from reality is sweet irony.

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostElara, on 15 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Clickbait b.s.

gsmonks, would you please stop using the term: "whitey"? Not all white people are a$$es, in case you haven't figured that out. It also breaks the rules here on EI.

Why would I stop using the term "whitey" when whitey was cited by the article as the source of the bias in question?

Nobody here finds the term "whitey" the least bit offensive. Your claiming to find the term offensive in any way, shape or form I find to be a tad ingenuous.

Edited by gsmonks, 15 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#7 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 15 March 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

View PostElara, on 15 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Clickbait b.s.

Why would I stop using the term "whitey" when whitey was cited by the article as the source of the bias in question?

Nobody here finds the term "whitey" the least bit offensive. Your claiming to find the term offensive in any way, shape or form I find to be a tad ingenuous.

I, for one, find the use of the term " Wh*tey" fairly offensive, as I would many derogatory ethnic slurs or race-based derogatory slurs like the "N" word. I would prefer not to see it used in our presumably civil discourse here on the board. Thank you.

#8 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

If you can quote one part of that article where the term "wh*tey" was used, and I will concede.

Seems you would be wrong, doesn't it.
El

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Clickbait b.s.

BS. You can either read, or you can't. Unless the test in question is written in legalese, where you literally NEED a lawyer to translate, there can be no "racial" component to it. You either can read, or you can't. Period.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#10 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 15 March 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Clickbait b.s.

BS. You can either read, or you can't. Unless the test in question is written in legalese, where you literally NEED a lawyer to translate, there can be no "racial" component to it. You either can read, or you can't. Period.

Seems like you have a problem with the English language. The racial bias was demonstrated by the breakdown of performance by the participants. If there had been no racial bias, the participants would have scored equally. In case you don't know how bias is studied . . .

Evidently you missed Chapter 1 in Critical Thinking that dealt with Deductive Logic.

Oh, and all lawyers are required to take electives in Critical Thinking, aka Logic.

The study of bias can also be referred to as the study of inferences in Logic. Logic is the tool used to suss out inferences obtained by using false or muddy Logic:

http://methods.cochr...ncluded-studies

#11 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostElara, on 15 March 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

If you can quote one part of that article where the term "wh*tey" was used, and I will concede.

Seems you would be wrong, doesn't it.

Not really. "doesn't it" requires a question mark.

#12 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

^^ Remarkably Trumplike in response. Ignore/deny reality and seek to distract instead of addressing issue at hand. The new avatar in this case becomes very representative. Kudos!

#13 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 16 March 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Not really. "doesn't it" requires a question mark.

First, what yadda said.
Second, no it does not require a question mark when it is a statement, not a question. I was not asking.
El

#14 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 16 March 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

^^ Remarkably Trumplike in response. Ignore/deny reality and seek to distract instead of addressing issue at hand. The new avatar in this case becomes very representative. Kudos!

The avatar was/is a reminder of Elara's previous ingenuousness, which at the time was directed at my avatar. So it's apropos, not representative. In other words, it entails my response, and does not in any way deny, digress, ignore, or obfuscate.

Apparently it was too subtle for the two of you, which, considering its blatant nature, speaks volumes in itself.

It's a statement because you say so. How quaint.

If you actually knew your grammar, you'd know that a sentence ending in doesn't it is what is known in grammar as a tag question, also known as a question tag or a tail question.

http://www.grammarba...stion-tags.html

So, like it or not, it's a question.

#15 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 16 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

The avatar was/is a reminder of Elara's previous ingenuousness, which at the time was directed at my avatar. So it's apropos, not representative. In other words, it entails my response, and does not in any way deny, digress, ignore, or obfuscate.

Apparently it was too subtle for the two of you, which, considering its blatant nature, speaks volumes in itself.

If you actually knew your grammar, you'd know that a sentence ending in doesn't it is what is known in grammar as a tag question, also known as a question tag or a tail question.

Ah. So because I informed you, politely, that I put you on ignore until you changed that ugly avatar, this is payback? Wow. Aren't you amazing. Oh, maybe that statement shouldn't be a statement. Oh, poor me, whatever will I do?
I don't care what your reasons are for the avatar (by the way, not subtle), the prior one (of 45) and this one are ugly. And just what are you getting at with the big lips on 45? Are you aware of how it looks? Oh, just so you know, I only have to see them for a second, that's how long it takes me to make them go away. :)

Yes, you know all about grammar. You don't follow the rules all the time and you can't spell the rest of the time, but you are a grammar god. Would you like me to begin pointing out every error you make from now on? I would be more than happy to oblige. I could begin right now, not a problem. Seriously, I'll start wading through your posts tonight. It'll be fun!

Edited by Elara, 16 March 2017 - 07:16 PM.

El

#16 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

If you actually knew your grammarre, you'd know that a sentence ending in doesn't it is what is known in grammar as a tag question, also known as a question tag or a tail question.

Granted, you are indeed the most subtle of creatures. The way you smoothly and gently affirm your evanescent yet effervescent wit is unparalleled. I can't tell you how many guffaws and chortles you've elicited from me ( that's LOL! for some of our posters) with your subtle insertion of "erection" to replace election during the past campaign. A veritable classic! And timeless. No matter how oft repeated it held up, post after post. Not to mention the subtle and clever usage of "stoopid" as interchangeable for stupid. So subtle as to worm its way into my brain over time that I now find myself spelling it that way, only to be held back by damned spellcheck.

As far as the consideration of your avatar/ demeanor as apropos, not representative, I would respectfully beg to differ in my particular application of the term, insofar as the big-lipped caricature of our so-called president in current use as your avatar is PERFECTLY representative of your reply and attitude, feigned or true, in that you ignore or deny reality in a very representative Trumpian manner by saying "not really". Because  your "not really" was in response to Elara's declaration that you were wrong in stating that "Nobody here finds the term "whitey" the least bit offensive". You go on to describe Elara as being "ingenuous". Since Elara was correct in her statement because I yadda yadda, besides her, objected to your offensive slur therefore invalidating your erroneous assessment of "nobody" finding your slur offensive, you are in effect wrong, incorrect, outside the parameters of observable rhetorical reality. In my opinion your disingenuousness speaks volumes in itself. Because I know you're not that stoopid. You are extremely intelligent. Are you just putting us all on for fun and games in your signature subtle theatrical manner? If so, I AM entertained and erect to believe you are so disposed. LOL!

#17 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostElara, on 16 March 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

Ah. So because I informed you, politely, that I put you on ignore until you changed that ugly avatar, this is payback? Wow. Aren't you amazing. Oh, maybe that statement shouldn't be a statement. Oh, poor me, whatever will I do?
I don't care what your reasons are for the avatar (by the way, not subtle), the prior one (of 45) and this one are ugly. And just what are you getting at with the big lips on 45? Are you aware of how it looks? Oh, just so you know, I only have to see them for a second, that's how long it takes me to make them go away. :)

Yes, you know all about grammar. You don't follow the rules all the time and you can't spell the rest of the time, but you are a grammar god. Would you like me to begin pointing out every error you make from now on? I would be more than happy to oblige. I could begin right now, not a problem. Seriously, I'll start wading through your posts tonight. It'll be fun!

I tend to pay very little (if any) attention to avatars, but to whine about one is as incomprehensible to me as a Trump Tweet.

Why is it that whiners seem to go looking for silly things to whine about?

#18 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 16 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

If you actually knew your grammarre, you'd know that a sentence ending in doesn't it is what is known in grammar as a tag question, also known as a question tag or a tail question.

Granted, you are indeed the most subtle of creatures. The way you smoothly and gently affirm your evanescent yet effervescent wit is unparalleled. I can't tell you how many guffaws and chortles you've elicited from me ( that's LOL! for some of our posters) with your subtle insertion of "erection" to replace election during the past campaign. A veritable classic! And timeless. No matter how oft repeated it held up, post after post. Not to mention the subtle and clever usage of "stoopid" as interchangeable for stupid. So subtle as to worm its way into my brain over time that I now find myself spelling it that way, only to be held back by damned spellcheck.

As far as the consideration of your avatar/ demeanor as apropos, not representative, I would respectfully beg to differ in my particular application of the term, insofar as the big-lipped caricature of our so-called president in current use as your avatar is PERFECTLY representative of your reply and attitude, feigned or true, in that you ignore or deny reality in a very representative Trumpian manner by saying "not really". Because  your "not really" was in response to Elara's declaration that you were wrong in stating that "Nobody here finds the term "whitey" the least bit offensive". You go on to describe Elara as being "ingenuous". Since Elara was correct in her statement because I yadda yadda, besides her, objected to your offensive slur therefore invalidating your erroneous assessment of "nobody" finding your slur offensive, you are in effect wrong, incorrect, outside the parameters of observable rhetorical reality. In my opinion your disingenuousness speaks volumes in itself. Because I know you're not that stoopid. You are extremely intelligent. Are you just putting us all on for fun and games in your signature subtle theatrical manner? If so, I AM entertained and erect to believe you are so disposed. LOL!

Careful there, Beany-Boy. You're beginning to sound like LoTS.

#19 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 17 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I tend to pay very little (if any) attention to avatars, but to whine about one is as incomprehensible to me as a Trump Tweet.

Why is it that whiners seem to go looking for silly things to whine about?

Funny. You changed it very quickly after I PMed you.

Good to know that a polite note, letting you know that I wouldn't see a reply from you, in case you happened to respond to a post by me, is "whining". I didn't even ask you to change it. If you need reminding of that, I am happy to post my PM right here.
El

#20 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 17 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 16 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Careful there, Beany-Boy. You're beginning to sound like LoTS.

There ya go! Nicely calculated retreating footwork. What's next Distracter-In-Chief? A demand to see my birth certificate? Allege that I wire tapped you? You are definitely the star of this thread's unreality show. I salute your Mr. Bojangles style tap dance around questions and the truth. Looking forward to your appearance on Dancing With The Stars. ;)

PS ( And the tactic of comparing me to LoTS after I compare you to Trump...brilliant! And so subtle. Best comeback I've seen since Trump's scintillating debate gem,  "NO, you're the puppet! You're the puppet!" I bow to your sandbox persiflage.

Edited by yadda yadda, 18 March 2017 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users