• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

I just have to work with LoP to get a new security certificate from an internationally recognized Certifying Authority.

Our self-created certificate (basically a binary identifier used in HTTPS encryption) is as secure as it ever was

Until recently, browser makers didn't care, as long as the certificate worked, but they're trying to push ALL sites to use HTTPS (to make it harder for the NSA to monitor Internet traffic), and since they don't know the "Purple Pouncy Despotism" (see the bottom right of every EI page), they can't be sure it's not a tool for International Global Domination.

Which, to be fair, it is. Just ask Nikki Peppermint. Or Trance Gemini -- but she'd say "international" is a ridiculous understatement.

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Would this also affect posting youtube videos?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

It shouldn't affect anything offsite; YouTube videos are hosted at YouTube.

It shouldn't affect anything on-site either, especially if you tell your browser you trust the Purple Pouncy Despotism and its certificate.

(And the PPD said I'd never get people to trust them w/o Trance Mind Tricks! MWAhahaha!)

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,430 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 17 March 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

(see the bottom right of every EI page)  
"Your company name?"   :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

Okay, apparently not *every* skin.

Could be a typo in a template that keeps the software from filling it in properly: "Licensed to: exisle.net, a subsidiary of the Purple Pouncy Despotism"

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,430 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Actually both are there.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,747 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 17 March 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

and since they don't know the "Purple Pouncy Despotism" (see the bottom right of every EI page), they can't be sure it's not a tool for International Global Domination.

Which, to be fair, it is. Just ask Nikki Peppermint. Or Trance Gemini -- but she'd say "international" is a ridiculous understatement.
:purpleninja: Oh, the good old days when galaxy domination was my goal. Or perhaps EI is still my means to this end...time really has no meaning. :angel:.

View PostOrpheus, on 17 March 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

(And the PPD said I'd never get people to trust them w/o Trance Mind Tricks! MWAhahaha!)
You have been forever loyal to the plan!

#8 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Who is insecure, here? The site itself? I was going to suggest Valium or Prozac . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users