2 replies to this topic

#1 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Let's track 45's promises: Trump-O-Meter

Nice to have a list of his promises. Though it's scary to see how many are so out of touch, crazy.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#2 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

Adding a promise that is not listed and one that 45 broke the very first day:

Link

The President-elect says he plans to do absolutely nothing for his first two days in office and that his “day one is gonna be Monday”.

The news comes as a surprise after Mr Trump previously promised to spend his very first day signing papers to begin the process of erasing President Barack Obama’s legacy.
“On Day One, I am going to begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country,” he said during a speech in Des Moines back in August. “It’s going to happen within one hour after I take office.”
He also promised to begin plans to build his wall on the Mexican border, talk to manufacturers about keeping jobs in the US and remove gun-free zones within his first 24 hours. “My first day, it gets signed, OK?” he said.
His aides even came up with a catchy name — The First Day Project — for Mr Trump’s ambitious start, with adviser Stephen Moore telling the New Yorker: “We want to identify maybe 25 executive orders that Trump could sign literally the first day in office.”

Meaning “literally” the third day.

Let's also not forget that he accused Obama of spending too much tax dollars on vacations:

Link

Mr. Trump often attacked his predecessor over his travel. He once tweeted: “President @barackobama’s vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars---Unbelievable!”

During his eight years in office, Mr. Obama racked up about $97 million in travel costs. Mr. Trump is on pace to eclipse that by the end of his first year.

Technically, it's a promise not to spend as much, and it's going to be easily broken.

Now one of his promises: "Change the name of Mount Denali back to Mount McKinley" is opposed by Ohio Secretary of State Jon A. Husted, who said:

"I wouldn’t want people from Alaska telling me what things in Ohio should be. So I guess we shouldn’t tell people from Alaska what they should do in their own state."
And he is not the only Republican who feels this way. How would any state feel if another state had the right to block them from naming or renaming an area, park, mountain, etc...? The local population should have more say than another state, and 45 should just leave it alone.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

I'm surprised he doesn't have Mt Denali changed to Mt. TRUMP 2020, in blazing golden neon mile high letters that can be seen from space. And make the Eskimos pay for it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users