Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 1.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 2.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 3.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 4.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 5.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 6.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-16, pic 7.jpeg

After obtaining the Spear of Destiny, the Legion of Doom rewrites reality, leaving the Legends changed, perhaps forever. The Legends' and the world's hopes rest with Rory, but being the "hero" is not easy for him. Meanwhile, tension mounts within the Legion of Doom and the reason why the Spear of Destiny needs to be destroyed is revealed.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Was it just me or was their a not-so-subtle reference to Trump here? :D

Thawn's phone call with POTUS… he said something about golfing on Sunday, having dinner at the POTUS's hotel, wish the best to Mel.

And then Nathan comes in with a speech about how there is something very wrong with reality. :D Though, I have to say, Nathan sees these scars somehow, but doesn't see them around the genius's fixes (polar bears thriving, easy desalination, etc). Maybe the memory scars have to be more intimate to be more readily recognizable.

Also, regarding POTUS, didn't we actually meet the Arrow/Flash/DC Legends POTUS in the in the 4-way cross-over multi-episode event in November?
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

So the Spear could've been destroyed by the Legends, when they were in other space. They could've launched their pieces toward the sun. At the very least the Spear wouldn't have been able to be used to rewrite reality. While part of me wants to seriously stop watching this show, just because of the stupidity of these particular characters, the CW is interwining this show with the others, so not watching it would be a problem...somewhat.

And speaking of stupidity of characters. We'll begin with keeping the Legends alive to begin with. That has to be hands down the most stupid thing in the episode. Right after that comes Why didn't Jackson to restore Martin's mind right away? Why the whole dialogue thing?

And speaking of Stupid...Thawne keeping the Black Flash in a cage...Yeah, without a doubt stupid move. I mean, granted, it's the only speedster beside Barry who can stop Thawne, and you just know the Legends will somehow release the Black Flash. But still, incredibly stupid.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

I liked the episode. I only wished we had seen more of Doomworld before the Legends started regaining their memories.

Loved the Felicity cameo and seeing her as an awesome vigilante in her own right.

It was interesting to see what terrible lives the Legion thought of for the Legends. I thought they were all fitting. Ray's a dumb janitor, Nate lives in his mom's basement and isn't a respected historian, Sara and Amaya are assassins working for Damian and killing heroes, Jax and Stein work for Thawne but are basically prisoners, and Rip is trapped in a miniature version of the Waverider.

And speaking of stupidity of characters. We'll begin with keeping the Legends alive to begin with. That has to be hands down the most stupid thing in the episode.

Well, to be fair that's a common trope found in a lot of TV shows, movies, books, comics, etc. I'm not excusing it but it's not like this is the first show to do it. In their defense, Malcolm was against letting them live. He wanted to kill them. More than anything I think it was Mick's influence that kept them alive.

And speaking of Stupid...Thawne keeping the Black Flash in a cage...Yeah, without a doubt stupid move. I mean, granted, it's the only speedster beside Barry who can stop Thawne, and you just know the Legends will somehow release the Black Flash. But still, incredibly stupid.

It's possible Thawne couldn't erase the Black Flash from existence. Maybe trapping him in a cage was the best he could do. Also, I think it's firmly been established that Thawne likes his trophies and lording it over his enemies. Keeping the Black Flash locked up in a cage where he sees his target but is powerless to do anything about it definitely feels in character for Thawne.

I kept expecting at the end for Rip to come in and save the day. I did not expect Thawne to actually destroy the Spear like that.

Nor did I expect Snart to kill Amaya. I'm sure it will be undone next episode but it still caught me off guard.

Everyone slapping Mick after they regained their memory was fun and totally deserved. I have liked what they've done with Mick this season. He was always the crazier and more thuggish person before he joined the Legends and he hasn't changed that much. Yet, like Snart before him, being with the Legends has made him better than he was. These last few episodes have felt like a battle for Mick's soul and it's still a toss up at this point.

Was it just me or was their a not-so-subtle reference to Trump here? :D

Thawn's phone call with POTUS… he said something about golfing on Sunday, having dinner at the POTUS's hotel, wish the best to Mel.

Not just you. Like you said, it wasn't very subtle.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users