26 replies to this topic

#21 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 08 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

View PostLord of the Sword, on 07 April 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Seriously? Do you honestly believe President Trump would order a military strike in hopes of squashing a fake news story, like the alledged Russia connection?

View PostCait, on 07 April 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

So, to answer you stupid question, why yes, I absolutely think he'd do it.  I don't think he'd even bat an eye.  This was all political theater for those of us at home and to let powerful men make $$ on the profits of war.  Course the bombs were real, and one day, this theater production is going to hit home.  We're going to have front row seats in the end, so bring sunblock.

View PostOmega, on 08 April 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

What, in his entire history, would make you think he would not do that? Seriously, name one thing.

Consider this tweet:

Donald J. Trump                                @realDonaldTrump                                                                                                

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.                                                                

2:39 PM - 9 Oct 2012

Yes, that tweet is quite telling about how 45 thinks, if one can call it thinking. Could he be more desperate considering his steady string of failures? There are some reports that the 59 Tomahawks launched were weapons nearing their expiration dates for usefulness. Clearing out the stock of old dud fireworks?

I like to think of it this way, Muslim ban, strike one and strike two. Obamacare repeal, embarrassingly down the drain. 34% approval rating. Let's show 'em our good old American firepower then, boys! 59 thousand pound Tomahawk missiles couldn't put a crippling dent in a runway? Syrian jets taking off very next day? By comparison a homeless man lighting his crack pipe destroyed the 1-85 freeway overpass near Atlanta. Either 45 is a sputtering impotent useless fool, or is he maybe really a dirty tail wagging the dog? Just sayin'.

Edited by yadda yadda, 08 April 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#22 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

In one of my other incarnations I write reviews (and have over a million followers). One of my favourite targets is "free" dating sites, most of which are a front for Russian organised crime. I've discovered, by adjudicating hundreds of these sites, that there are certain red flags to look for. The top red flag to watch for? The words "god-fearing". If a "person" refers to themselves as "god-fearing", you can be 100% certain it's a fake account put there by someone trawling for suckers.

Still with me? This is going somewhere relevant.

The red flag in Trump's speech was his repeated use of the word "god". We're supposed to believe his motives because he repeatedly used the word "god" in association with them.

I have learned that when a certain kind of sociopath wants you to believe them, they use the word "god" a lot to conflate "god" with their motives.

Televangelists do this too, and many televangelists are sociopaths who are in the religion business for the money.

"God" and "innocent babies" means "trust me, I wouldn't lie to you". Meanwhile, there was Trump University . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#23 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 08 April 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

In one of my other incarnations I write reviews (and have over a million followers). One of my favourite targets is "free" dating sites, most of which are a front for Russian organised crime. I've discovered, by adjudicating hundreds of these sites, that there are certain red flags to look for. The top red flag to watch for? The words "god-fearing". If a "person" refers to themselves as "god-fearing", you can be 100% certain it's a fake account put there by someone trawling for suckers.

Still with me? This is going somewhere relevant.

The red flag in Trump's speech was his repeated use of the word "god". We're supposed to believe his motives because he repeatedly used the word "god" in association with them.

I have learned that when a certain kind of sociopath wants you to believe them, they use the word "god" a lot to conflate "god" with their motives.

Televangelists do this too, and many televangelists are sociopaths who are in the religion business for the money.

"God" and "innocent babies" means "trust me, I wouldn't lie to you". Meanwhile, there was Trump University . . .

Great point. The references to children of God and beautiful babies were in there for a reason. Simple minds like simple signals.

I went to Disneyland and California Adventure Park last year. Not much of anything godly going on there but there were thousands of beautiful babies, lots wearing Mickey Mouse hats. I had 28.7 million followers come through those turnstiles after I passed. It's kind of humbling for me to think about.

#24 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

28.7 million people is mind-boggling, period.

#25 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 09 April 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

28.7 million people is mind-boggling, period.

And of those 28.7 million, factor in probably 30 - 40 bucks apiece for food and merchandise. And figuring an average of maybe 2.5 - 3 people per car at a $20 parking fee. For all that one could probably buy about 59 Tomahawk missiles, and throw in a destroyer or a frigate to launch them.

#26 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

Some interesting numbers on support for missile strikes between Obama and Trump ( Washington Post article ).

Democrats:
2013: 38% support
2017: 37% support

Republicans:
2013: 22% support
2017: 86% support

Interesting snapshot of what it looks like to form opinions based on partisanship vs. principles.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#27 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

People will do horrific things with great enthusiasm if it means getting the approval of their peers. That's basically what soldiering is.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users