• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

The team gears up to leave a company retreat when supervillain Dr. Psycho releases a toxic gas in Charm City; Emily does her best to make the most of a terrible situation.  

This was the episode delayed by the gas attack in Syria.  It's too bad we can't send superheroes to places like Syria.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,084 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Ooooo ... Scary Emily.  And the gang now know how Emily will be when she finally gets fed up.

Whether this means things will change between her and her staff (I doubt it) is still open to question.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Another good episode. All the characters were true to themselves but they did grow a little bit as they realize how much Emily does for them and how hard she works with no thanks from any of them.

Ooooo ... Scary Emily.  And the gang now know how Emily will be when she finally gets fed up.

It must have been evil truth serum since she really let them all have it. She could have told the truth without being so brutal and mean.

I loved the Making a Supervillain gag and how some people thought Dr. Psycho was just misunderstood.

Van's comedy writers were a nice touch. I do have to wonder if the one that was left in the gas died since he was exposed to it longer than Emily and was left out there as far as I could tell.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, this episode was back on form.  I loved everybody's answer to the question of who they would want to be on a deserted island with.  Wendy cracks me up. The spat between Teddy and Ron was hilarious.  Who can blame Jackie for wanting to die alone?  :lol:

I don't know if it was evil truth gas or not. It probably just depends on what you've got bottled up inside. Emily just happened to have a lot of anger after all she's dealt with since the show started.  It actually would have been great if everybody got exposed to the gas and we got a "Naked Time" kind of story.

I'm surprised they didn't say something about the other comedy writer. This isn't the kind of show where somebody would die, I don't think.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Looks like there'll be no more Powerless for us.  It's been pulled from the schedule, with no word on whether the remaining episodes will be aired.  :(

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,084 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

:blink: :blink:

Seriously?  

I mean I was worried that it took this long to find itself, especially given the first couple of episodes, and then the two weeks it didn't air (never a good sign), but I had hoped that it would manage to pull through once it had improved.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:17 PM

Well, it hasn't been officially cancelled yet, but it sure doesn't look good.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users