3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team meet Tracy Brand (guest star Anne Dudek), a scientist, who may be the key to stopping Savitar. Unfortunately, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) is also after Tracy so Team Flash must battle their old friend, which proves to be particularly difficult for Cisco (Carlos Valdes). Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cecile's (guest star Danielle Nicolet) relationship takes a big turn.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4fxMyifot

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Awesome episode!

Absolutely LOVED Killer Frost doing the whole Ice Man ice skating across the city. That was pure awesomeness. Really LOVED the Vibe vs Killer Frost battles.

Wasn't really wild about the whole Joe and Ceclia plot line, although it was classic Joe...trying to push her away to keep her safe; not that THAT approach ever worked for him.

The reveal of Savitar, while cool, was somewhat of a let down to me. Especially once the initial "shock" wore off and my logical thinking started back up. If Savitar is Future Barry then why didn't he go and kill Karen Brant when he first got free? For that matter he KNEW Killer Frost wouldn't succeed in killing her, so why even send her? Not to mention, I'm having a hard time imagining any future version of Barry that would kill Iris.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

I'm not sure what to make of Future Barry being Savitar yet. I'm reserving final judgment until next episode when I'm sure they'll explain exactly how a future Barry could become a villain and travel back in time to murder Iris.

What I don't need to reserve judgment on is the fact that for three years in a row we have now had mystery speedsters that were revealed to be members of Team Flash who everyone thought they could trust. Sure, this is a Future Barry so he's not technically in the group plotting to betray them but he is using his knowledge of the team to plot their every move and defeat them. I really hope next year they don't have the identity of the villain as a big secret and if they do that the villain isn't a trusted member of the team.

Is it wrong I found scarred, evil Future Barry kind of sexy?

Absolutely LOVED Killer Frost doing the whole Ice Man ice skating across the city. That was pure awesomeness. Really LOVED the Vibe vs Killer Frost battles.

That was completely awesome. While I don't agree with having Caitlin go evil simply because she has cold powers, I can't deny that she looks great as Killer Frost and that she's gotten to do some amazing things as KF.

Wasn't really wild about the whole Joe and Ceclia plot line, although it was classic Joe...trying to push her away to keep her safe; not that THAT approach ever worked for him.

Same. My problem is that they haven't done much with her and they really haven't gotten my that invested in her character so I didn't care if she left, died, or stayed.

The reveal of Savitar, while cool, was somewhat of a let down to me. Especially once the initial "shock" wore off and my logical thinking started back up. If Savitar is Future Barry then why didn't he go and kill Karen Brant when he first got free? For that matter he KNEW Killer Frost wouldn't succeed in killing her, so why even send her? Not to mention, I'm having a hard time imagining any future version of Barry that would kill Iris.

All good questions that I'm hoping will be explained next episode. Maybe he sent Frost because he knew that Savitar sent Frost from when he was regular Barry and so did that once he became Savitar to keep the timeline intact so he would eventually become Savitar? I don't know of that makes sense at all. It's all timey wimey nonsense at the moment. It reminds me of Zoom and his time remnants and that whole confusing mess.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

I was wondering, does Barry's powers also include total memory recall? I know he has enhanced healing, but was wondering about the memory recall. Reason I ask is, I would be hard pressed to remember the exact words I used in a conversation a week ago. Sure, I would remember the conversation, but probably not the EXACT words. Yet Savitar, from years in the future, remembered every exact word Barry was going to say to Killer Frost?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users