Details in this thread

Good news everybody!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

I am now one very big step closer to finally finishing college and becoming a teacher. I just passed my two certification tests (the content test and the PPR) and will now sign up for student teaching. I'm not sure if I'll make the deadline for the fall semester but if not then I will in the spring.

It's been a long, winding road getting to this point and honestly there were times I didn't think I'd ever finish. It's such a huge relief to have the tests done and behind me. I'm just extremely excited at this point.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :piratebuds: :wine: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :cantinabandf:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Congratulations!

:welldone:

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Congratulations, Virgil! :woohoo:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

Congratulations, pal.  :thumbs-up:  I didn't even know you were studying to be a teacher. I have a feeling that you will be a good one, and that's one of the things the world needs more than anything.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Congratulations, Virgil!!! Best of luck to you!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. It means a lot.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

Congratulations!  My original college degree is in education.  Student teaching was *fantastic*.  Good luck with it! :D
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#9 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,341 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

I'm really happy for you.  I like to learn things so I like teachers.  It's good to know you'll be one.  I'm sure you'll be excellent at it.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#10 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

Damn. I thought you finally got Amy Ackerman to agree to marry you.

Still, good news!

Keep working on that other one, though. A man's reach should exceed his grasp... because sometimes you get lucky with a three-finger catch.

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Is that Forry Ackerman's wife?  :angel:

If you mean Amy Acker, I could go for that.  :winky:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Congrats!!! :D

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#13 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Well done VV! It sounds like you've been working very hard so I hope it's as rewarding as you hoped! :)

Dave.

#14 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

Congratulations!  (I'm a bit late, sorry.)  Hope your graduation party was epic...ly relaxing. :hehe:
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#15 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

So how's the teaching biz going?
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users