4 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

Hello Folks

It was never a question of if, but when ABC would be able to formally announce the renewal of its hit comedy "Modern Family".

Now that all 10 stars have signed on (amidst hefty raises), the network has followed suit and renewed the show for two more seasons, 9 and 10.

On the other hand, this is the year where "The Last Man Standing" could not avoid cancellation once more. The Tim Allen comedy has officially been canceled.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 11 May 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

I gave up on Last Man Standing halfway through the first season so it being cancelled doesn't hurt me. However, controversy has been stirred up because conservatives are saying the show was cancelled because it was a conservative show with a conservative star (Tim Allen) and that ABC wants to be a big liberal TV corporation. First, let me say how sad I am for those special conservative snowflakes who can't get over the loss of their show.

Second, the show being conservative had nothing to do with it. ABC also cancelled The Real O'Neals, a liberal show with a gay teen as its main star. It also cancelled Dr. Ken, one of the few shows starring Asian-Americans. Those actions don't really line up with a network that wants to be more liberal.

It sucks whenever a show that someone loves gets cancelled but that doesn't mean there's a vast conspiracy out to the show. Well, except for Timeless. There was a conspiracy against that show but luckily Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus managed to defeat them using their time machine.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,515 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

I'm pretty sure that Sleepy Hollow was cancelled because of the widespread prejudice against headless people.  :(
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,695 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

You mean the cephalically-challenged? :angelnot:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 17 May 2017 - 01:39 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,515 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Indeed. It is just impossible for some people to get a head in this world.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users