Trump National Security 2017 Impeachable offenses

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

^ the 45ers simply heed the clarion call of Fox and White House PR flacks. No independent thought necessary. So nice and tidy and convenient to wake up every day and have your thoughts and views fed into your heretofore properly marinated brain. No muss, no fuss!

#42 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Today 45, as he rolled into Jerusalem, defended himself by saying that he never mentioned Israel in his Security Sweepstakes Classified Giveaway Day to the Russians in the Oval Office. That's nice to know, though I don't recall anyone accusing him of doing that.

Kind of like someone accused of rape and murder offering up testimony that he definitely didn't strangle the victim with her panty hose, when the indictment against him is for blunt force trauma to the head. There's an honest, guilt-free conscience for sure.  ;)

#43 sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

^ It is also basically an admission that it was Israel. Saying you didn't mentioned a specific country, instead of saying it wasn't that country…. Anyone who can read between the lines knows that using the former instead of the latter is basically saying "I did nothing wrong, but you got it right!".

The only other way it works if it was something like "I didn't mentioned *them* regarding *that* because I don't even know who is responsible for *that*."

Which is actually believable in Trump's case….

Edited by sierraleone, 22 May 2017 - 12:36 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trump, National Security, 2017, Impeachable offenses

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users