• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris (Candice Patton), Barry (Grant Gustin) struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, The Flash turns to Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) for help.

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4hLLdruFn

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Loved this episode. Snark's line about Jaws movie not showing the shark because they didn't have the money...too funny. Also loved his line of "You see the good in me, I see the bad in you." so true. And very interesting that it was Barry that was willing to kill, while Snark was the one who suggested a different way.

As for Savitar killing Iris, here is my theory:

Spoiler

So if Joe went on a jazz cruise, who was watching Barry and Iris?

Cisco was right, anybody could've been fooled by Savitar like that.

Looks like we're also going to get the promised Killer Frost vs Vibe fight they've been teasing all season.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

^ Ooh, your guess in that spoiler sounds really likely!!  :o

Spoiler

SFG :oh:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Though, the only problem with that theory is:

Spoiler

:think:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Well, I certainly love that title, and kudos to the writers. I wonder if anyone but me gets it, though.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 17 May 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

So if Joe went on a jazz cruise, who was watching Barry and Iris?

You calling Joe a bad parent? ;) Just because we don't know any of his friends/extended family doesn't he doesn't have any.
Also, they were probably teenagers, or I'd hardly call leaving them along making them latch-key kids.
The bigger thing is that he would have had to lie to them about where he was going, a 3-day cruise… What'd he tell them, an out-of-town work conference?
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#7 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 17 May 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Though, the only problem with that theory is:

Spoiler

When Barry had Savitar distracted with Tracy's gun?  He was away from Iris's side for a minute there, and was a significant departure from the original version of events.  Dunno if there were any bushes around that HR could've used for a quick switch, but it would make the gun have not been a total waste of time.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#8 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:52 AM

Savitar was not worried about the bazooka because his predecessor spent a lot of time trapped by it, so he learned how to overcome it. But he is so worried about his creation and that is why he insists he must kill Iris.

Um, unless Savitar trusts Tracy builds a better gun.... and/or he is ok with and allows himself to be trapped so that a new Barry-Savitar time remnant gets created, how would this time loop close now, from Savitar's perspective? Also, while closing it he ensures his creation, he also ensures his eternity trapped, not so great for him, why could he want this loop closed? I mean, I suppose Savitar could create time remnants himself, and there could be two Savitars, if he was planning ahead like that, to close the loop but avoid "prison" for all eternity.

Edited by sierraleone, 18 May 2017 - 06:52 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#9 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 17 May 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Well, I certainly love that title, and kudos to the writers. I wonder if anyone but me gets it, though.  :lol:

I got it!  Actually I think I commented on it when the street sign showed up in an earlier ep.
Cats will never be extinct!

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Ah, cool I didn't know about that. It's a nice little homage.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users