Comey obstruction memos Intel drop to Russia

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#21 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:36 AM

For those perhaps not following the flow of events day to day out of simple numbing exhaustion, let it be known that 45 today offered the third straight switcheroo explanation for why he fired James Comey. There first was the White House sanitized version crediting Deputy AG Rosenstein's letter listing mistakes by Comey and reasons (HRC e-mail overreach) for his unfitness to serve, which was pushed and sworn to by surrogates Pence, Spicer, Conway, and Huckabee-Sanders. Then came 45's admission on NBC to Lester Holt of his absolute 100% self determination in firing Comey because of that Russia-Trump thing being so nettlesome of a made up story to him, saying Rosenstein's letter was of no consequence to his already made up mind, and cutting the legs out from beneath all his complicit lying surrogates. Now today when asked, 45 swung back again to the story of citing Rosenstein's letter as the motivating force behind his decision, a seemingly schizoid and dodgy flip-flopperoo. And to top it off, Deputy AG Rosenstein tied it all up I n a bow of administration full circle duplicity by contradicting 45's latest account by telling a gathering of Senators that he knew of 45's decision to fire Comey the day before he was asked by 45 to write the corroborative letter.

God only knows what his next iteration of his Comey firing reasoning will be, the guy was too tall...jealousy? 45's bucket of KFC lunch didn't have any wings in it...annoyed and dissatisfied? Whatever it may have been, or may continue in evolution to become, such a continuing fantasy world of uncertain, wavering, changing truth, accuracy, and sincerity cannot bode well for 45 in the examining eyes of an investigatory legal analyst such as the Special Counsel. Better lawyer up,  lay off the tweet machine, and practice your lies better and more on point, Donald. He'll be watching you...

Edited by yadda yadda, 19 May 2017 - 05:05 AM.

#22 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,772 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 19 May 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Since everyone is swearing by Comey dutifully writing memos, I would love to see the memos he wrote after meetings with AG lynch, after she met privately with the spouse of a person she was "Supposedly" investigating. Those memos would be very interesting.

Of course the Democrats will never let THOSE memos see the light of day.

Did Comey meet with Lynch after that meeting?  Or is that just some knee jerk reaction here? Of course you can't answer those questions because you are only deflecting here.

You are so much like #45.  Deflect when you are caught.  It's pitiful LotS.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#23 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Just breaking from a NY Times report. While meeting with the Russian foreign minister and  ambassador  in the Oval Office Great State Secret Giveaway last week, 45 also told these officials that, "I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real "nut job". I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

Oh the pressure's taking off, Mr. president Idiot-Big-Mouth-in-Chief, but kind of diametrically opposite in direction and intensity to your carefully laid plans. But I'm sure your boss over in Moscow will be glad for the progress report anyway. You may want to defect over to there during your G-7 trip, collect your deserved pats on the head, thirty pieces of silver for selling out your country, a nice warm shower from the ladies, and your new job picking beets on the collective farm, comrade.

By the way, kudos "failing" New York Times.  :)  I'd say The Gray Lady still has a few jumps and heel clicks left in her repertoire before she lays down for good. And thank you,  president pumpkin head. Your cornucopia of stupidity is bountiful and ever flowing.

Edited by yadda yadda, 19 May 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#24 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 19 May 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Since everyone is swearing by Comey dutifully writing memos, I would love to see the memos he wrote after meetings with AG lynch, after she met privately with the spouse of a person she was "Supposedly" investigating. Those memos would be very interesting.

Of course the Democrats will never let THOSE memos see the light of day.

First, I don't think Comey gives a rat's behind what any political party wants.
Plus, in case you have forgotten, the Republicans are in charge at the moment, what is stopping them from getting those memos? Don't you wonder why 45 hasn't insisted on them being shown? Don't you, since you believe in him so much, think that if there was anything of any use to be had from that meeting, that 45 would have pounced on it? Don't you wonder why 45 has chosen to ignore that little detail?

Second, probably not interesting in the way you are hoping. Bill was wrong to meet with former AG Loretta Lynch, but most likely, whatever reason he had, it meant nothing.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#25 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for keeping things, and me, up to date on here, impossible for one person to do :)

View PostOmega, on 18 May 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Trump will go. The problem is, he won't go quietly, and neither will his supporters.

I am really worried…. Not about Trump after he goes, whether quietly or not, as he is just one person and he will be gone from office. It is the undiscerning and unwavering support from masses of people… Even if one wanted to smear them with negative labels, deserved or undeserved.… they won't disappear. They will be here the upcoming election cycle, the next election cycle, and the election cycle after that, and so on and so forth. And I have a feeling that a portion of them they are very good grudge holders, and, if it doesn't percolate into their brains what an awful man Trump is, what an awful choice he was, and why (which, after this election cycle, who sees that happening?) I could see a seething wall of resentment over consequences Trump faces over his actions.

And by consequences I don't necessarily mean being removed from office. Heck, he is already facing some consequences, the media reporting facts, it is his own fault that these facts do not reflect well on him.

I feel like we just have to face the most likely scenario is that this country will remain deeply divided for the foreseeable future.

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#26 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

I was in the middle of typing another "breaking scoop" about an hour ago, and fell asleep while listening to  cable tv. The breaking story was a report, I believe by the Washington Post that there is a current "senior White House adviser" who is considered a "person of interest" in the Russia-45 collusion investigation.

How many of them are there to play musical chairs with?

Edited by yadda yadda, 19 May 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#27 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

I am surprised Trump is willing to leave the country 8(?) days… Who knows what his cabinet will get up to without him over their shoulders…  *whistles*

How many of them are needed to say he is unfit? ;) :D

- Masha Gessen

#28 Cait

Cait

• 10,772 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 19 May 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

I was in the middle of typing another "breaking scoop" about an hour ago, and fell asleep while listening to  cable tv. The breaking story was a report, I believe by the Washington Post that there is a current "senior White House adviser" who is considered a "person of interest" in the Russia-45 collusion investigation.

Rumor is, it's Jared Kushner.

Source:

#29 Cait

Cait

• 10,772 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

Here is a great piece with a timeline of events that have been reported.  It's time to start putting this all into a narrative. [sorry it's WaPo again]

https://www.washingt...m=.67631eb33eb5

Source:

#30 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

^ For some reason it isn't blocking me, I better read it before it smarts on to me ;)

View PostCait, on 19 May 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 19 May 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

Rumor is, it's Jared Kushner.

That makes sense. If it is Kusnher under investigation, his purportedly being for the Comey firing, as well as being the only one in the White House telling Trump that he should aggressively push back on the fact that an Independent Prosecutor(?) was hired, while everyone else in the White House was leaning towards a more conciliatory tone. Not to mention how what happened to Kushner's own father would affect how he'd feel under such circumstances.

Edited by sierraleone, 20 May 2017 - 07:44 AM.

- Masha Gessen

#31 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:30 PM

It's nice to hear everyone's going to Jared's. Even if it is after Valentine's Day. If it is Jared it could be collusion since he met secretly with Kislyak at 45 Tower once or twice as well as with the head of the Russian VEB bank. But Jared is also up to his eyeballs in hinky real estate deals, possibly questionable foreign loans, buy outs for influence, and loads of money being moved around, as Rachel Maddow has been cataloging for months. It could be he's linked to Russia-45 through financial shenanigans or emoluments violations. Or the fact he was the advising force to 45 as to firing Comey.  And don't look past Ivanka, either. That Azerbaijan hotel deal she and Trump Corp were in on until it was dropped like a stone a few days after 45's improbable and unexpected election was a nest of 45 connection to organized crime, Russian money laundering, and Iranian/Hezbollah terrorist funding.

Edited by yadda yadda, 20 May 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#32 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Multiple sources reporting it's Kushner. Sad.

#33 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

One weaselly twist popping up is that Reuters has reported that the White House is looking into an obscure ethics rule to try and derail investigation by Special Counsel Mueller into Kushner and Manafort because the law firm WilmerHale, which Mueller had been associated with had Kushner and Manafort as clients, though Mueller has no direct involvement with either.

The aim of this attempt would be to force Mueller to recuse himself as regards Kushner/Manafort, or later allow 45's lawyers to challenge any prosecutions or indictments leveled upon them. Glad to see that the honest, upstanding, 45 administration is doing all it can to not impede any investigations.

Edited by yadda yadda, 19 May 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#34 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 19 May 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I am surprised Trump is willing to leave the country 8(?) days… Who knows what his cabinet will get up to without him over their shoulders…  *whistles*

How many of them are needed to say he is unfit? ;) :D

25th Amendment says it requires a majority of executive Cabinet members or a majority of Congress.

#35 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:31 AM

Two items of note: James Comey will appear in an open televised public setting to testify for the Senate Intelligence Committee. The hearing will,happen sometime after the Memorial Day Congressional recess. Comey has declined to testify as well before the Senate Judiciary Committee, evidently preferring to get out what he knows and has to say in one shot.

Also, the wieldy Senate Judiciary Committee has 20 members, 11 of them Republicans, a large number of those typically heavily party loyal yakkers like Ted Cruz and others of his ilk who like to lead witnesses down partisan rabbit holes, waste time, and look tough on tv for their home state constituents. Evidently, Comey don't play that. He has something to say that he wants to get out. Can't wait! :)

The other thing is that there are sources reporting that White House lawyers are beginning to research impeachment, its implications, and early strategies for defense. Good to see they are not as reality averse as the POTUS himself!

#36 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

What I'm wondering is this: How is Comey going to square his memo with his previous testimony to Congress. He testified to congress, after his dinner with the President, and during that testimony, which falls under pains of purgury, that at no time was there any attempt, by anyone, to stop the FBI investigating anything. Not to mention that if, as his memo is now saying, he felt that the President was trying to obstruct justice, and he failed to report it (which he apparently did fail to do) that is a felony on HIS part.

So, yes, Comey's testimony should prove to be very interesting indeed.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#37 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Cracking the gate an inch...the heartbreak of psoriasis, the pains of purgury, the apocalypse of athlete's foot, the non-use of spell check. Which is the most tragic affliction, oh Lord?!

#38 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

I'm hoping treason comes into the equation, because that raises the possibility of the death penalty, and execution by firing-squad.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#39 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 20 May 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

What I'm wondering is this: How is Comey going to square his memo with his previous testimony to Congress. He testified to congress, after his dinner with the President, and during that testimony, which falls under pains of purgury, that at no time was there any attempt, by anyone, to stop the FBI investigating anything. Not to mention that if, as his memo is now saying, he felt that the President was trying to obstruct justice, and he failed to report it (which he apparently did fail to do) that is a felony on HIS part.

So, yes, Comey's testimony should prove to be very interesting indeed.

And that is always a possibility, especially if he foolishly thought 45 was a friend and tried to let 45 off the hook. Tried to give him time to correct things. After all, no one has perfect judgement all the time and Comey is human, but 45 still goes down in that scenario.

View Postyadda yadda, on 20 May 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Cracking the gate an inch...the heartbreak of psoriasis, the pains of purgury, the apocalypse of athlete's foot, the non-use of spell check. Which is the most tragic affliction, oh Lord?!

I believe that would fall under pains of purgatory.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#40 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

^ Well, if he has to go by firing squad remember that 45 has always been a bigly proponent of the NRA. That might be one small consolation to him.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)