• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#41 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

I can see it all now: execution by NRA members armed with heavy machine guns, anti-tank weapons, bazookas, anti-aircraft missiles, tactical nuclear weapons . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#42 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 20 May 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I can see it all now: execution by NRA members armed with heavy machine guns, anti-tank weapons, bazookas, anti-aircraft missiles, tactical nuclear weapons . . .

You're trying to limit them to just tactical nukes instead of MIRVs? Typical of you anti-2nd Amendment pansies. You can have my multiple independently targetable re- entry hydrogen bomb vehicle when you tear my cold, dead, glowing, highly radioactive hands from around it!

Edited by yadda yadda, 20 May 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#43 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:11 AM

This:

#44 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

45 is really laying out an old " win one for the Gipper/can't we all just get along" pep rally on the gathered Islamic nations. Using a softer more normal tone of voice I've never heard from him he has done a rhetorical shout out to all the "wonderful-beautiful" Sunni countries of the region, kind of like Huey Lewis singing Heart of Rock And Roll and mentioning all the US cities.

I liked the part about how he suggests that the Muslim nations should and will feel sympathy for and support against the oppression of women, the slaughter of Christians, and the killing of Jews...all rather popular cornerstone beliefs and aims of the Islamic brotherhood in that part of the world. Oppression of women? That's kind of what they like to do, isn't it? And 45's favorite hobby and pastime too, right? And the best part? He started off by telling all these countries he wasn't going to lecture them. And then he proceeded to lecture them. Smooth move. Good thing he'd lined up and gotten those arms deals all signed the day before. For all the thousands of American jobs he's going to create because of that. Because I'm sure that the bomb, missile, tank, fighter jet, helicopter manufacturing segment of our economy is depressed right now and needs additional work force augmentation. Not. Heck, if Raytheon can develop a coal-powered MOAB with that influx of Saudi cash that gives our enemies black lung after exploding, then 45 can claim credit in Kentucky and West Virginia that he helped those miners out, too!

Edited by yadda yadda, 21 May 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#45 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Now that 45 son-in-law Jared Kushner has been named as the senior WH advisor "under scrutiny" by the FBI as a "person of interest" within their investigation of things 45 administration collusion/Russian election meddling, it strikes me as interesting that 45 proudly loaded up Jared with an imposing "to do list" tackling projects for his administration. Everything from reorganizing the entire federal government for efficiency and thrift, to arranging peace between Israel and Palestine in the Middle East, to overseeing  the fertilizing  and pruning of the White House Rose Garden. Kushner's laundry list of duties has been most certainly imposing.

It leads me to wonder that when and if Jared follows in his father's footsteps by going to prison if he will show the same unparalleled initiative and quiet competence in becoming the prison yard boss or at least the head cell block procurer? Will he be the guy, like Morgan Freeman's character Red in The Shawshank  Redemption whom people look to for cigarettes, rock hammers, pinup posters, or these days cell phones, drugs, and other contraband? Whatever minimum security country club sort of federal facility he may end up in, when the word is out that a convict has a need...will it just be said with a knowing smile, " oh, they went to Jared's"?

#46 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

What no one is talking about is this:

Trump And The Social Syphilis That Is Wealth And Entitlement

The US is at the threshold that led to events like the French Revolution and the mass emigration of people from the diseased Old World to the New. Trump shoving aside a foreign leader and his family acting like entitled pigs at a trough are just a few of the most recent signs.

It must be remembered that people emigrated to North America specifically to get away from people like Trump, and his family. The corrupt-minded sense of entitlement of the filthy, stinking rich had turned Europe into a cesspool of entitlement and a stifling class system that hoarded everything- wealth, education, social standing- for itself.

There were only two ways to get away from  crooked slime like Trump in the past- social revolution or distance.

Unfortunately, there is little in the way of distance to put between oneself and the social syphilis of wealth and entitlement. One can still leave the city and most to a poor rural area, as I did, to outsmart the filthy, rich, self-entitled swine, but the day will come when filthy, syphilitic corporate interests will have bought up all the land and the land's resources.

The true lesson to be learned from the Trump legacy is that now is the time to kill the syphilis that is destroying North America for the average person. Now is the time to break up the conglomerates, remove the rich from positions of influence, take away all their money and belongings, throw them out into the street, and make sure they have no more opportunities than the rest of us.

Failing that, we all know how the French solved the problem.

#47 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

This is why the US is in big trouble. Read all the incredibly ignorant comments from Trump's supporters. Incredibly ignorant swine, and there are so many of them.

#48 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

I forgot to add that human nature is ape nature which is pretty low. People with brains have long known that human society is top-down when it comes to anything resembling morality, that when morality isn't aimed from the top down, and a fascist gets in there, that it is very easy to Nazify a society or turn it to Fascism. A rat like Trump gets in there, squeaks a bit, and all the ratlings, from which apes evolved, start squeaking in response. Both Naziism and Fascism were top-down phenomena, and didn't evolve from the ground-up.

#49 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

WaPo at it again!

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communication channel with Kremlin

*innocent* Whatever would you need that for? /*innocent*
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#50 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 26 May 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

WaPo at it again!

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communication channel with Kremlin

*innocent* Whatever would you need that for? /*innocent*

Maybe they wanted to plan sleepovers and pajama parties with Vlad and the Sergeis but needed to keep it really really SECRET!  :)

#51 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Isn't it funny how poorly the people who most want a secret society can keep and hide secrets?

#52 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Methinks thus begins the unraveling of an outlaw administration of traitorous idiots. Long may it rot.

#53 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

Given the way things are working out for Twitler's son-in-law, it looks like Twitler was thinking he could set up his family as the head of his very own Fascist regime. What he wasn't planning on was all the tripwires and snares put in place by those who created the US. They were placed there for circumstances just like this.

#54 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:12 AM

The big problem right now is the sheer number of idiots out there who want the US to devolve into a Fascist regime. The only way to stop them may, in the end, be to greatly reduce their numbers, or by inoculating the system to their existence, perhaps by declaring them enemies of the state.

The French had a more Draconian approach, but it worked.

It's a choice civilised people have had to make every so often: when large numbers of idiots are hell-bound on turning a Democracy into a totalitarian regime. The problem itself is in the numbers. If too many people want to vote Democracy out of existence and replace it with something repugnant and evil, there are but three choices: make the country less Democratic by forbidding such idiots to vote, to go with the flow, or to cull their numbers by way of mass executions.

Personally, I'm for eliminating the right to vote when the person or party voted for is anti-Democratic.

#55 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

In the wake of the breaking news that Jared Kushner and Flynn met with Kislyak at 45 Tower so that Kushner could suggest setting up a secret back channel com line to Putin from the Russian Embassy, I decided to record Fox programming to see how or if they presented that breaking information in their typical fair and balanced delivery mode. The story broke at 4:00 PM and evidently Fox News offers no actual "news" programming after that hour, just a charming array of political conversation shows like "The Five", "Hannity", "Tucker Carlson". I also recorded a later repeat showing from earlier in the day of "Bret Baier: Special Report", a supposed news show I've looked at in the past and thought had at least a minimal content of objective journalism amongst the partisan sh!t slinging.

I fast forwarded through the partisan opinion shows, basically a reverse cowgirl version of MSNBC's partisan opinion shows in the same time slots. None of them mentioned anything about the damning WaPo breaking releases about Kushner. I didn't stop for too long to listen, the toxic fumes were strong, but it seemed they were jazzed about how 45 had put the NATO countries in their place. There was some conserva- boohoo fluff piece about a college professor who was called out by his students. But the topic they really brought out the knives for was the Hillary commencement address at her alma mater, Wellesley.

On "The Five", a political discussion show hosted by Kimberly Guilfoyle who is openly soliciting for Sean Spicer's Press Secretary job, the discussion about HRC's commencement speech was derisive and mocking. The one point that was focused upon with arched eyebrows and laughter was Hillary's comparison (without naming) of Nixon to 45 and her own graduation day memories of Nixon and his eventual impeachment, then resigning in disgrace. Guilfoyle, who appears to be a younger up and coming version of Fox's b*tchy-witchy Judge Jeannine Pirro, "fact-checked" HRC's statement that Nixon had been impeached, claiming that he had not been impeached, but instead resigned. This "Fox alternative-fact check" on Nixon was repeated, with added snark on the alleged news show with Bret Baier, and I'm sure throughout the day on all shows. It was also repeated on the right-wing site, Daily Caller, and seems to be the right- wing meme of the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up here on EI, framed by those who favor these false talking points.

The only problem with this is for Fox is that Hillary was right and Guilfoyle, Baier, and whoever else repeated the obvious Fox false script that Nixon wasn't impeached throughout the day were flat out wrong. Which of course is not a condition that Fox is not used to being on a regular basis. Impeachment is a process in and of itself and initiates in the House, not necessarily resulting in a conclusion of a conviction in the Senate leading to removal from office. This is easily checked online. Wikipedia states that three articles of impeachment were filed in the House against Nixon on Feb 6, 1974. That is when he was impeached. Nixon then resigned rather than face the continuation of the proceedings against him.

But this is typical Fox. Constantly misleading and lying to their viewership. And these people listen to nothing else, get no other version of truth or objective information. I'm beginning to think that 45 could be impeached, resign, or flee to Russia seeking asylum like Snowden and the viewers of Fox would never know. Fox could just report that Pence was stepping in indefinitely while 45 was off doing a golf course ribbon cutting or christening his new building in Manila and the Fox drones would just nod approvingly while sitting in their recliners, petting their cats.

Edited by yadda yadda, 27 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#56 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 27 May 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

and the Fox drones would just nod approvingly while sitting in their recliners, petting their cats.

No, no, no! Let's not bring the cats into this. :no:  Instead say: "and the Fox drones would just nod approvingly while sitting in their recliners, petting their rats." :nod:  :lol:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#57 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Nothing world shattering, just reading a WaPo article about possible White House changes.

Trump considers major changes amid escalating Russia Crisis

That includes proposals for far more travel and campaign-style rallies throughout the country so that Trump can speak directly to his supporters

What? What is the plan here? Besides fellating Trump's ego? Do they (who ever the purported strategic thinkers in the WH are) think this is going to shore up Trump's support and keep his  poll numbers from crashing, and therefor keep the Republicans from impeaching Trump? I don't think many people who would go to his rallies at this point are readily sway-able away from Trump anyways.

The White House has also been pushing the Republican National Committee to play a more active role in defending the president.

Members of the Trump family outside of the White House have also been ramping up their engagement in the president's political operation, eager to contribute and guide the party.

Um, I thought there was going to be like a separation of church & state thing going on between Trump and his adult sons? Since they are running his business?

Oh geese, here is the explanation for the rallies:

Aides say they think President Trump's agenda will be boosted by making more targeted appearances around the country to tout it.
​…
Being outside of Washington among his supporters, particularly in a state he won last year, energizes Trump and provides a way for him to communicate without the filter of the media, his advisers say.

"The conventional ways of communicating are not working for them," one adviser said, adding that Trump should consider Facebook Live sessions and get out on the road "as frequently as possible."

"They have to get the campaign brand back," the adviser said.

Several Trump advisers cited the president's recent interview with NBC's Lester Holt, in which Trump made clear it was his idea to fire FBI Director James B. Comey, as the kind of thing to avoid going forward.

"I hope he'll travel more and do these rallies once a week," Bennett said. "You get to say whatever you want to say, and you don't have to take questions."

Oh lord, save us from questions…. The truth might just slip out!

Now, who exactly are the snowflakes living inside a bubble of their own reality?

The thing is, IIRC, at that point in the interview Lester Holt hadn't even mentioned Russia. Trump just can't help himself. I don't blame his staff don't trust his with questions, much less interviews.

But rallies up to once a week? Won't that cut into Trump's golf game?

Edited by sierraleone, 27 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#58 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

^ I don't think either answering questions or yakking to the yahoos will make any difference. He's still talking and incriminating himself all day long. It's already too late, he's sunk himself, but if he had any brains or sound advice he'd curl up like a hibernating bear at the WH or Mar-a-Lago and keep his yapping pie hole shut. But he can't. He's going to go all "street fighter" now, laying out his witch hunt rap for the bamboozled suckers out in the sticks and stepping deeper and deeper into the investigative quicksand, dragging all his associates with him.

Here's a link to what I think is a timely and prophetic Huffpost article. If it doesn't come out right one can search "Huffpo, trump's death rattle"

http://www.huffingto...4b0dfb1ca3a0f1b

Edited by yadda yadda, 27 May 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#59 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 27 May 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

But rallies up to once a week? Won't that cut into Trump's golf game?

Not to mention the money being spent so he can go out among the people and have his ego stroked. This is not a cheap thing to protect a president and the more outings, the more security, the more tax dollars spent, all for an ego that needs constant bolstering.

Edited by Elara, 27 May 2017 - 04:21 PM.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#60 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

Here is some interesting news, from Yahoo news of all places.

How the Trump administration's secret efforts to ease Russian sanctions fell short

In the early weeks of the Trump administration, former Obama administration officials and State Department staffers fought an intense, behind-the-scenes battle to head off efforts by incoming officials to normalize relations with Russia, according to multiple sources familiar with the events.

Unknown to the public at the time, top Trump administration officials, almost as soon as they took office, tasked State Department staffers with developing proposals for the lifting of economic sanctions, the return of diplomatic compounds and other steps to relieve tensions with Moscow.

Um, calling them tensions makes the Trump administration actions here seem reasonable, as it understates the seriousness and responsibility of Russia's actions, and sort of implies the relationship was rocky for undetermined reasons, or something. The latest sanctions were a direct results / consequence of Russia interfering in the U.S. election. Older sanctions were for their annexation, i.e. forcibly taking over, of another countries territory (Crimea).

So, question, why was the Trump administration so eager and serious about quickly removing of consequences to Russia for their actions? Though, maybe, the question the Trump administration is asking, is why not?

And, this article does not have a bunch of anonymous sources as many other articles on the Trump administration, or the Russian probe do; they've named sources.

- Masha Gessen

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users