• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cade

cade
  • Islander
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

https://www.document...tml#document/p1

POTUS: I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem. Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.

PRRD: Thank you Mr President. This is the scourge Of my nation now and I have to do something to preserve the Filipino nation.

POTUS: I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that, but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

https://theintercept...an-amazing-job/
excerpts:

IN A PHONE CALL from the White House late last month, U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, one of the world’s most murderous heads of state, for doing what Trump called an “unbelievable job” in his war on drugs. Trump offered an unqualified endorsement of Duterte’s bloody extermination campaign against suspected drug dealers and users, which has included open calls for extrajudicial murders and promises of pardons and immunity for the killers.
Since Duterte took office in June, Philippine national police and vigilante death squads have embarked on a campaign to slaughter drug users as well as drug dealers. “Hitler massacred three million Jews [sic], now, there’s three million drug addicts. I’d be happy to slaughter them,” he said in September. Last month, he told a group of jobless Filipinos that they should “kill all the drug addicts.” Police have killed over 7,000 people, devastated poor areas of Manila and other cities, and used the drug war as a pretext to murder government officials and community leaders.
When the Obama administration offered some tempered criticism of Duterte’s killing spree, Duterte called the U.S. president the “son of a whore” and an “idiot” who “can go to hell.” Speaking in Beijing in October, Duterte said, “America has lost now. I’ve realigned myself in your ideological flow. And maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world: China, Philippines and Russia. It’s the only way.”

However, in the wake of Trump’s election, Duterte said, “I don’t want to quarrel anymore, because Trump has won.”

Edited by cade, 23 May 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Presidential.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Whenever news comes on about Trump, I turn the sound off, go to the piano, and work on a composition whose working title is: Concerto For Piano, Cuckoo-Clock, and Vibrator.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

View Postcade, on 23 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

POTUS: I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem. Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.

PRRD: Thank you Mr President. This is the scourge Of my nation now and I have to do something to preserve the Filipino nation.

POTUS: I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that, but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

This makes me feel safe. :no:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

Well it's not like President Trump has removed an embargo and embraced a Tyranical Cuban dictator or anything.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#6 Omega

Omega

Nous sommes tous Franšais

• 3,985 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

No, he's just embraced half a dozen other tyrannical dictators, and praised their tyranny.

#7 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Plus, once again inadvertently released classified info about the location of our nuclear submarines. Anyone who has read a Tom Clancy novel knows how closely the Pentagon guards that particular strategic asset information. And while it may mean little to the North Koreans, because they can't do anything about it, the Russians and Chinese would kill to be able keep track of the general neighborhood our boomers are operating in so they can take active measures to track them.

So here's this buffoon who doesn't even understand what the Nuclear Triad is divulging unsecured military secrets over the phone to some random murderous thug dictator.

#8 cade

cade
  • Islander
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 25 May 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Well it's not like President Trump has removed an embargo and embraced a Tyranical Cuban dictator or anything.

Just this week you praised Trump for his warm embrace with the headquarters of radical Islam, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a tyranny that is objectively leagues worse to Cuba in every way.

Also, the Cuban embargo was never removed, just eased in some respects, but it should be ended because it has been a colossal failure from the start that virtually the entire rest of the world has consistently opposed. In 2015, the United Nations General Assembly voted 191-2 against the blockade, with only the U.S. and Israel supporting it. In 2016, for the first time the U.S. abstained, as did Israel, with the other 191 countries voting against the blockade.

With his strong endorsement of Duterte's mass-murder campaign, Trump is complicit in every one of its murders going forward.

I'm reminded of the grieving father who supported Trump, playing his guitar at 45 Trump rallies, because he believed Trump's promises to help stop the opioid epidemic that killed his son. Little did he know that not only would Trump try to decimate funding for drug treatment, he also endorses murdering drug users on the spot. There should be no doubt that Trump would do the same here if he could get away with it.

As Omega noted, this is just the latest in a pattern going back decades of Trump praising dictators. Duterte has literally called himself a Filipino Hitler:

Duterte told reporters that he had been "portrayed to be a cousin of Hitler" by critics.

Noting that Hitler had murdered millions of Jews, Duterte said, "There are 3 million drug addicts (in the Philippines). I'd be happy to slaughter them.

"If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have ...," he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Well yeah, cade...but funny, what about Obama? The clause that refreshes deflection and ignorance.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users