• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...loody-head.html

Setting the double standard aside, and there is a double standard. Because if someone had done this with a head of Obama, the media outcry would be universe shattering.

I'm wondering why Kath ISIS Griffin isn't in jail already, for threatening the life of the President. When Madonna said she wanted to blow up the white house, there was at least an argument to be made that she was only talking about the building and not the occupants. An argument I personally believe to be BS, but there was at least that argument. Whit what Kathy Griffin has done, there is no such argument. She threatened the life of the President, which is a felony class crime. Why isn't she in jail already?

She's claiming it was a joke???? What, exactly, about a severed bloody head is even remotely funny? And standing there like she was ISIS itself? What about that photo could in ANY universe be considered funny?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Aside from the fact this is disgusting and deplorable is the curious fact that I PM'ed a couple members here asking "what are the odds?" of LoTS posting a link to this Kathy Griffin / head thing within the next couple days? I further speculated whether or not you'd actually exhibit the lack of class and public decency to post a link to the actual disgusting pic itself, and ding, ding...winner, winner-- chicken dinner!

But I'll give you credit for one thing. I figured you would for sure include all the LIBERALS on this board and in the world as either cheerleaders or passive enablers for Griffin's disgusting stunt in keeping with your past examples of generalized smearing. And at least you did not do that, to your credit. ( though upon closer examination of the link you echo Trump Jr's "double standard" meme and he smears the entire LEFT for you in his posted tweet)

But I am curious, this Griffin stunt has really got you riled, obviously. Angry enough to post an entire separate thread about it. Were you not as equally angered and upset about the repulsive white supremacist terrorist in Portland who killed two and wounded one on a train by stabbing his victims in the neck after they came to the aid of Muslim women he was harassing? That sort of knife attack on a train is far more typical of ISIS- style activity than anything Griffin did. This white supremacist actually KILLED people, Griffin just posed for a fake photo. Where is your outrage against the white guy? Where is your separate thread on his atrocities? Maybe they didn't post that story on Fox or whatever media you favor? Just sayin'....

Edited by yadda yadda, 31 May 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

And also just sayin', what's up with the 45-like cognitive dissonance distraction you like to employ?

"Setting the double standard aside, and there is a double standard." And then going on to describe the universe shattering effects if it was Obama's head. What are you setting aside? Nothing. You just went ahead and played up the double standard. Why try and fool everyone or yourself that you're not? You're not setting anything aside...why say you are? This is like your messiah and his "many people are saying" lead in or "I'm not saying it, but I've heard...". It's meaningless and a false distraction. Verbal garbage.

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 31 May 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

"Setting the double standard aside, and there is a double standard." And then going on to describe the universe shattering effects if it was Obama's head. What are you setting aside? Nothing. You just went ahead and played up the double standard. Why try and fool everyone or yourself that you're not? You're not setting anything aside...why say you are? This is like your messiah and his "many people are saying" lead in or "I'm not saying it, but I've heard...". It's meaningless and a false distraction. Verbal garbage.

When you're right, you're right. I really didn't set aside the double standard, like I wanted to. Instead I did go into the double standard. I shouldn't have said I was setting it aside.

As for the White Supremist murdering nut job. I assuming you're talking about the Bernie supporter that verbally assaulted two muslim women, and then killed at least one of the guys who came to the woman's defense? I only referred to him as the Bernie supporter because when the mainstream media first reported the story, they assumed it was a Trump supporter that had done this, and once they learned the guy posted on Facebook that he was a Bernie supporter...all of a sudden the story disappeared off the mainstream news. Houdini himself couldn't have pulled off a better disappearing act.

Why didn't I start a seperate thread about that? Because the murdering nut job was arrested and is going to be going to jail for a long time. So why start a thread about that? I'm not about to start a thread on every single crime that occurs in the country. But in regards to Kathy Griffin...she threatened the life of the President, which is a crime...and so far nothing has happened. Going back to the double standard...if a right wing comedian (Yes, there are some) had done this with Obama's head...He would've been arrested and jailed within hours. Why hasn't that happened here?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 31 May 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Aside from the fact this is disgusting and deplorable is the curious fact that I PM'ed a couple members here asking "what are the odds?" of LoTS posting a link to this Kathy Griffin / head thing within the next couple days? I further speculated whether or not you'd actually exhibit the lack of class and public decency to post a link to the actual disgusting pic itself, and ding, ding...winner, winner-- chicken dinner!

Oh I find this VERY interesting indeed. You claim to be disgusted by what Kathy Griffin did, yet didn't start a thread about this yourself? You didn't start a thread saying "Hey, people on the Left, while we might hate Trump stuff like this isn't cool. Not only isn't it cool, it is threatening the life of the President, which makes it illegal.

You apparently had ample time to do so, since you had the time to PM members here about whether or not I would post a thread about this. So the question remains: Why didn't you? Why didn't you start a thread and condemn this crime?

#6 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 31 May 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 31 May 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Oh I find this VERY interesting indeed. You claim to be disgusted by what Kathy Griffin did, yet didn't start a thread about this yourself? You didn't start a thread saying "Hey, people on the Left, while we might hate Trump stuff like this isn't cool. Not only isn't it cool, it is threatening the life of the President, which makes it illegal.

You apparently had ample time to do so, since you had the time to PM members here about whether or not I would post a thread about this. So the question remains: Why didn't you? Why didn't you start a thread and condemn this crime?

If I started threads about everything that disgusted me, there would be enough to supply for a full year whoever makes the spiffy soft 1,000 thread count sheets and pillowcases for all the 45-owned hotels, worldwide. And like yourself I'm not about to start a thread about every crime that happens in the country. Or even every out-of-bounds disgusting prank photo-op by D- list celebrity comedians seeking notorious attention and more attendance at her shows, like Griffin.

But where you miss the point here, as usual, is your conclusion that a crime has been committed  by Griffin. Can you explain or enumerate what statute(s) are in violation? You state vaguely that Griffin has threatened the life of the president. Where and how did she do that, if you please? Be specific, if you can. As in what threatening note or video exists of her issuing a threat, or testimony of witnesses to her making a threat? And you wonder why she has not so far been arrested. Why hasn't Jeff Sessions sent the marshals to arrest her? Why hasn't the Secret Service whisked her away in the back of a black SUV? Perhaps you should carefully and rationally examine your own confused questioning and doubt. Just because YOU conclude she committed a crime does not make it so. I'm pretty sure you are not a police officer, nor a prosecutor, a judge, or a Secret Service agent. Just like you incorrectly decided and proclaimed that federal judges could and should not overrule your president on issues of constitutionality, you are simply on the wrong side of reality once again. It's because of the "information" masquerading as factual news that you allow inside your head and then regurgitate as your own supposed independent thoughts. Garbage in, garbage out.

If you think Griffin should be arrested for having a picture taken of her holding a somewhat generic looking fake mannequin head with fake yellow hair and fake blood on it, then do you also think Ted Nugent, an honored dinner guest at your president's White House, should have been arrested for advocating shooting President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton with a machine gun? Should he be in the cell next to Kathy Griffin? How about Pastor Terry Jones of Florida, burning a figure representing a lynched President Obama? Did he go to jail? Was the universe shattered, per your hyperbolic prediction?? How about your fearless/ brainless leader himself? Was he jailed after suggesting at a campaign rally that his political opponent, Hillary Clinton, be dealt with by Second Amendment folks if she ever nominated for USSC positions, or failing that her nominees should be similarly dealt with?

As for your observations on my use of my personal time, I am indeed retired after a long life of hard work. So I seek my entertainment and relaxation forms in any legal way I see fit. I must admit that for entertainment purposes, your threads and posts and my own personal speculation and prediction as to what particular right-wing bugaboo will fire up your indignation light bulb and post another link to Fox are a diversion I do occasionally enjoy. Trying to track and predict the elements of your psychology at work reminds me a bit of the ant farm I had as a kid. So much business going on, appearing aimless at times, but always guided by a singular organized purpose. As Spock might say, "fascinating".

#7 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 31 May 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

As for the White Supremist murdering nut job. I assuming you're talking about the Bernie supporter that verbally assaulted two muslim women, and then killed at least one of the guys who came to the woman's defense? I only referred to him as the Bernie supporter because when the mainstream media first reported the story, they assumed it was a Trump supporter that had done this, and once they learned the guy posted on Facebook that he was a Bernie supporter...all of a sudden the story disappeared off the mainstream news. Houdini himself couldn't have pulled off a better disappearing act.

Why didn't I start a seperate thread about that? Because the murdering nut job was arrested and is going to be going to jail for a long time. So why start a thread about that? I'm not about to start a thread on every single crime that occurs in the country. But in regards to Kathy Griffin...she threatened the life of the President, which is a crime...and so far nothing has happened. Going back to the double standard...if a right wing comedian (Yes, there are some) had done this with Obama's head...He would've been arrested and jailed within hours. Why hasn't that happened here?

No, he means: Jeremy Joseph Christian, the thing that murdered two men and injured one, for protecting the two young women that thing was threatening.
In an affidavit, he is reported to have said in the police car:

"Think I stab (expletives) in the neck for fun? Oh yeah, you're right I do. I'm a patriot."

"That's what liberalism gets you," he was recorded saying.

"I hope they all die. I'm gonna say that on the stand. I'm a patriot, and I hope everyone I stabbed died."

So, no, not the "Bernie supporter".
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#8 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 31 May 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'm actually good with making things like this illegal, how very Liberal of you. ;) Seriously though, if this is to be considered illegal, how about the targets that were painted over politician's faces? I considered that a threat, but nope, it was a joke.

As for Griffin, she is about as disgusting as it gets. All she wants is the attention and this is about the only way anyone ever gives her attention. So, for myself, talking about her is comparable to talking about other idiots who want attention. Why give them what they desire the most?
Also, I don't like 45, I think he is as dirty as they come, but I absolutely do not agree with making any kind of threat (veiled or otherwise) against his life. Granted, I did not like idiot limbaugh making horrible remarks about the then 12 year old Chelsea Clinton, but my opinion is considered too Liberal.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 31 May 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Can you explain or enumerate what statute(s) are in violation? You state vaguely that Griffin has threatened the life of the president. Where and how did she do that, if you please? Be specific, if you can. As in what threatening note or video exists of her issuing a threat, or testimony of witnesses to her making a threat?

The photo of her holding the bloody head, made to look like Trump, seems like a pretty clear threat to me. And threatening the life of the President IS a crime. You don't think holding up a bloody head made to resemble someone isn't a threat? If someone, a political enemy, held up a bloody head that was made to resemble you, would you not consider that a threat? I know I would, in that situation.

If you think Griffin should be arrested for having a picture taken of her holding a somewhat generic looking fake mannequin head with fake yellow hair and fake blood on it, then do you also think Ted Nugent, an honored dinner guest at your president's White House, should have been arrested for advocating shooting President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton with a machine gun? Should he be in the cell next to Kathy Griffin? How about Pastor Terry Jones of Florida, burning a figure representing a lynched President Obama? Did he go to jail? Was the universe shattered, per your hyperbolic prediction?? How about your fearless/ brainless leader himself? Was he jailed after suggesting at a campaign rally that his political opponent, Hillary Clinton, be dealt with by Second Amendment folks if she ever nominated for USSC positions, or failing that her nominees should be similarly dealt with?

You make valid points here. If Nugent did advocate what you say, then the answer is YES, he should be in jail. Same with the Pastor. Now we come to your last example, and I'm fairly sure that was the example you most wanted my answer on, though I could be wrong. When Trump made those comments, Hillary wasn't the President. She was just a candidate, not the President. Now I don't know if making threatening comments about a candidate falls into the same category as threatening the President, although apparently threats against the President are a Okay, as long as it is done in an alledgedly artistic fashion. Didn Trump's comments about 2nd amendment people rise to the level of threat? Legally speaking, I'm not sure. I can only speak to what my reaction upon hearing Trump say those words...and I wasn't happy about those words at all.

Granted an argument could be made that he himself wasn't threatening, but even so I got the gist of what he meant, and I wasn't happy with it. But my displeasure wasn't enough for me to vote in Hillary either. And, as I said, at the time Hillary wasn't President, so not sure it rises to the same category.

As for your observations on my use of my personal time, I am indeed retired after a long life of hard work. So I seek my entertainment and relaxation forms in any legal way I see fit. I must admit that for entertainment purposes, your threads and posts and my own personal speculation and prediction as to what particular right-wing bugaboo will fire up your indignation light bulb and post another link to Fox are a diversion I do occasionally enjoy. Trying to track and predict the elements of your psychology at work reminds me a bit of the ant farm I had as a kid. So much business going on, appearing aimless at times, but always guided by a singular organized purpose. As Spock might say, "fascinating".

LOL

#10 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostElara, on 31 May 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Seriously though, if this is to be considered illegal, how about the targets that were painted over politician's faces? I considered that a threat, but nope, it was a joke.

I wouldn't consider putting a target on someone's face a joke either.

Granted, I did not like idiot limbaugh making horrible remarks about the then 12 year old Chelsea Clinton, but my opinion is considered too Liberal.

I didn't even know Limbaugh made a comment about Chelsea. I don't listen to Limbaugh.

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Real quick, because my retirement time is valuable, but yes threatening a presidential candidate is equally criminal to threatening a President. They are both under Secret Service protection.

I might consider someone showing me a representation of them holding my severed bloody head a threat, but the threat consideration is situational and conditional on intent. If there was a caption or attached note or message, "I'm going to do this to you!"...."this is your future!"...die, you pig!", there might be reason to feel threatened. If not, and the malevolent intention being left unclear or unexpressed I could still maybe feel threatened personally, but I'm sure the cops would tell me " sorry sir, it's just a picture. We have to wait till he or she actually does something. Better just lock your doors and get a dog or a gun to be on the safe side." Or it could be accompanied by a Valentine's sentiment like " I love the way you lost your head over me so many years ago, darling!", and be perfectly ok. Or a Halloween prank, like all the clever racists in your particular region who "lynched" dummies from tree branches in their yards with Obama labels on them...all just in great country fun and games spirit. It's all in the intent legally, and since Griffin is allegedly a performance "artist", she has that lame and smarmy excuse to land softly on. Though this little "artistic" expression has cost her product ads and employment with CNN already. Deservedly.

But Ted Nugent graphically threatened to kill both Obama and Clinton while waving his machine gun around on stage  (you could look it up if you doubt me) and gets cheered and sells more records and concert tickets. And then he does campaign ads for your president and is rewarded by the same by being invited to the White House for dinner. I guess that's what free speech is all about, LoTS. People can say just about anything, and do. Not always right or true...but not illegal.

#12 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 31 May 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Now we come to your last example, and I'm fairly sure that was the example you most wanted my answer on, though I could be wrong. When Trump made those comments, Hillary wasn't the President. She was just a candidate, not the President. Now I don't know if making threatening comments about a candidate falls into the same category as threatening the President, although apparently threats against the President are a Okay, as long as it is done in an alledgedly artistic fashion. Didn Trump's comments about 2nd amendment people rise to the level of threat? Legally speaking, I'm not sure. I can only speak to what my reaction upon hearing Trump say those words...and I wasn't happy about those words at all.

Isn't threatening anyone a crime? You can't just say about anyone "I'm gonna shoot Xperson". There may be a raised level of legal consequences for threatening public servants/figures, but I think there are legal consequences for uttering threats to/about anyone, assuming it can be proven. It might be called uttering threats, or might be called intimidation, under the legal code, but I imagine it is against the law in most jurisdictions.

There generally has to be criminal intent (mens rea) in most crime though. They have to have intended to do the crime. If they didn't intend to do the crime, you might be able to get them on criminal recklessness or criminal negligence. That would be the different between murdering (intentional), DUI vehicular manslaughter (they were reckless and knew they were taking a risk), or criminal negligence causing death (a parent not getting their kid medical treatment due to ignorance on the seriousness of their kid's illness).

Edited by sierraleone, 31 May 2017 - 04:31 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#13 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 31 May 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

I didn't even know Limbaugh made a comment about Chelsea. I don't listen to Limbaugh.

Huge point in your favor.
The one time that I actually listened to him (a friend loved listening to him, she is a Democrat, go figure), lasted about 6 seconds. He said something to the effect of: "Women were like Democrats: idiots." That moron is definitely a case of three fingers pointing back at him.
El

#14 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Just to be clear, as tawdry, disgusting, and inappropriate as I consider Kathy Griffin's self-serving promotional photo-op gone awry, I think 45's tweeted protest about it and declaring Griffin should be ashamed is unadulterated hypocrisy. Yes, Griffin should be ashamed or at least chagrined, but both 45's campaign trail mocking moment of the disabled journalist and 45's disgusting treatment of the Muslim Gold Star mother and father were far worse, and strip this graceless, shameless dolt of any pretension to moral high ground

Edited by yadda yadda, 31 May 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#15 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Dolt 45. It came to me as I read this thread.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#16 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 31 May 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

But Ted Nugent graphically threatened to kill both Obama and Clinton while waving his machine gun around on stage  (you could look it up if you doubt me) and gets cheered and sells more records and concert tickets. And then he does campaign ads for your president and is rewarded by the same by being invited to the White House for dinner. I guess that's what free speech is all about, LoTS. People can say just about anything, and do. Not always right or true...but not illegal.

I did Google Ted Nugent, and I also watched the videos of his comments on youtube. I must admit, how that boy isn't in jail for threats against Obama and Clinton is beyond me. He actually said that Obama and Clinto should have their heads chopped off. Although after a rather long pause, IMO, he added "In November". The "In November" part added, IMO, was strictly for legal reasons. I think even he realized he had just threatened the President and was trying to defuse it.

While Kathy Griffin's photo is far more graphic, Ted's comments are much more of a threat.

#17 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 31 May 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Isn't threatening anyone a crime? You can't just say about anyone "I'm gonna shoot Xperson". There may be a raised level of legal consequences for threatening public servants/figures, but I think there are legal consequences for uttering threats to/about anyone, assuming it can be proven. It might be called uttering threats, or might be called intimidation, under the legal code, but I imagine it is against the law in most jurisdictions.

There generally has to be criminal intent (mens rea) in most crime though. They have to have intended to do the crime. If they didn't intend to do the crime, you might be able to get them on criminal recklessness or criminal negligence. That would be the different between murdering (intentional), DUI vehicular manslaughter (they were reckless and knew they were taking a risk), or criminal negligence causing death (a parent not getting their kid medical treatment due to ignorance on the seriousness of their kid's illness).

Yes, threatening violence against anyone is a crime. I specified violence in my answer because threats, by themself, aren't a crime. Depending upon the threat. For example: Person A could say to person B: "If you don't let me drive your brand new car, then we are no longer friends." That statement is also a threat, but hardly a crime.

Valid point about Mens rea though.

#18 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

^ He also said something to the effect that if Obama won reelection in 2012 that he (Nugent) would be dead or in jail before a year was up. Unless you think that was his personal prediction of a stroke, heart attack, or fatal car accident...or an arrest on weapons or drug charges I think that qualifies as another threat. Of course Obama was reelected and Nugent is still alive, not in jail, but instead enjoyed the fine cuisine that the White House had to offer as 45's honored guest.

What do you think would be the reaction ( from ALL political perspectives) if Biden, Warren, or any other potential 2020 Dem presidential winning replacement for 45/Pence decided to have Kathy Griffin over for dinner at the White House for dinner after this bloody head stunt?

#19 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 June 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

What do you think would be the reaction ( from ALL political perspectives) if Biden, Warren, or any other potential 2020 Dem presidential winning replacement for 45/Pence decided to have Kathy Griffin over for dinner at the White House for dinner after this bloody head stunt?

The radical far left would be happy, hoping Griffin would be carry out that photo for real. The normal, or regular, Left would I think be surprised and shocked.

The Right, and when I say right I'm including the radical far right or alt right, and the moderates, and everyone on the right. IMO there isn't a need to go into the sub categories of the right on this answer: The right, as a whole, would collectively loose their sh*t! They would go ballistic.

But this question is moot, since Griffin wouldn't be admitted to the white house currently. Or unless you are saying that in 2020 Biden, Warren, or whichever Democrat that got nominated wins the 2020 and THEN invites Griffin over? In THAT senario:

The Left (I'm lumping all Lefts together, radical or otherwise). Honestly, I don't know what their reaction would be. I'm not even certain if any of them would bat an eye about it.

The Right (Again lumped together) Answer is still the same: They would loose their sh*t.

#20 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

Well, my thoughts are that the "left" as you term it which from your history of sweeping generalization and lumping of views I would classify people like myself...moderate progressive Democrats would be as disgusted and alienated to Griffin as I am and most everyone of my ilk I've read on Facebook has expressed. Do you see anyone here supporting her photo or even making excuses for it? And that perspective for me would hold for any 2020 Dem in the WH honoring her with a dinner. So I disagree with your assessment of uncertainty that any of "us" wouldn't bat an eye.

However, I've mentioned several times what Nugent has said and done and you even looked it up and agreed it was probably criminally threatening. I've also mentioned several times as well that your boy had Nugent to the White House for dinner, yet you have not offered an opinion on the propriety or moral shadings of that scenario. Does it cause you to bat an eye or incur any negative perspectives of your president? Does it shock or surprise you?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users