• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

I didn't give my opinion before on how I felt about the substance of this image produce by Kathy Griffin and the other people involved in the shoot, largely talked about the legal matters/terms.

What they did was egregious. It put a pit in my stomach. I have had so many new pits in my stomach due to the coarsening of our discourse that my stomach must have burst. I don't say that to excuse them, I am mad at everyone who has added to people's desensitizing of people against such egregious words/actions. People say violence begets violence. Well violent words and imagery begat violent words and imagery. Calling it art doesn't remove responsibility to be, well, responsible. Or accountable.

Edited by sierraleone, 02 June 2017 - 08:27 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#22 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

I listened earlier today to Kathy Griffin whine and cry at a press conference about the bullying and attempt to destroy her by 45 and his family. Griffin was referring to the 45 family's tweeted condemnation of her actions in taking and disseminating the notorious disgusting head shot from a few days ago. I know that if I or my family had been the target of Griffin's stunt then a release of a statement of my feelings about it on social media or to the press would be my most minimal response.

I don't like or support 45, and have expressed my view that his tweeted shaming of Griffin is hypocritical considering his own multiple instances of classless and disgusting public displays. But he has a right to express himself, as does his family, to reckless disparaging insult like Griffin committed. For Griffin to abjectly apologize one day for her egregious faux pas, to borrow an adjective from sierraleone, and then herself the next day duck and cover by claiming an exaggerated and sensationalized state of victimhood because she can't endure the righteous consequences of an angry and disgusted public reaction to her own actions and responsibility is both cowardly and disingenuous, IMO.

I used to enjoy your comedy, Kathy. I don't wish you any harm or to your career. But as for me, I'm done with you. Character matters.

#23 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 June 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

However, I've mentioned several times what Nugent has said and done and you even looked it up and agreed it was probably criminally threatening. I've also mentioned several times as well that your boy had Nugent to the White House for dinner, yet you have not offered an opinion on the propriety or moral shadings of that scenario. Does it cause you to bat an eye or incur any negative perspectives of your president? Does it shock or surprise you?

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, been busy today.

The reason I believe that if a Democratic President invited Griffin to the White House in 2020, after winning the election, that most wouldn't bat an eye is because of this: Short American Attention Span. in 3 and a half years it's doubtful, unless Griffin actively works to keep her name in the spotlight, that people will remember what she did. 3 and a half years is an eternity for something like this.

Does Trump inviting Nugent to the White House shock me? To be honest, the answer is No it doesn't shock me. Hardly anything Trump does "Shocks" me. Do I believe that it was a stupid move on Trump's part? Absolutely. After the comments Nugent made, he never should've been invited to the White House at all. And to be perfect honest, I am shocked that the Secret Service allowed Nugent in, no matter what Nugent said the agents who interviewed him after his threats said.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users