• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

https://townhall.com...r-loss-n2334789

If she had just stuck to Russia and Comey people might buy it. I know I believe Comey did influence the election, but Hillary isn't satisfied with just those 2. Nope, she has now expanded it to around about 23 or 24 things; including the DNC itself. Yep, that's right, the very same DNC that rigged the primary for her, against Sanders, is now to blame also for the loss.

This literal meltdown by Hillary is actually quite entertaining to watch. Wonder who she's going to blame next? I mean she's even blamed Netflix. I think I'm put my money on marine life. Yep whales, Dolphins, sharks and sea turtles cost Hillary the election.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Did even read the post. Does it have instructions on how to build a time machine?

We can't change the past, we can only learn from it. Unless the information will help Democrats reflect on how to do better next time (which I don't trust Hillary to be able to do), I don't see any reason to read it. And I don't blame Hillary for not being able to see where they went wrong, that close to the centre skews ones perception. And I am done with democrats blaming external factors. Sure, they all contributed. But against candidate Trump it should not have been that close of an election, it shouldn't have been a technical loss by 1 or 2 points, so that those external factors tilting the playing field slightly could create a scenario where Trump could win.

Either the democratic candidate was a poor candidate in general, and/or a poor candidate in the current socio-political climate. I might have added or America just needed to learn their lessons first, but it seems most Trump supporters aren't there yet. I hope that people with integrity (right, left, centre, or pigeonholeless) have learned their lessons; facts matter, people matter, the environment matters, a candidate's character and experiences matter, voting matters, and being engaged matters. Other than that, candidates need to realize what they are for, matter more than what are against. Being the anti-Trump wasn't a winning strategy, and it shouldn't be.

The thing is, Hillary had lots of policy, but no one was paying attention to that. Whether because they didn't trust her, or the policy visions laid out, or just didn't know about it. Trust and credibility are hand-in-hand, and are the most important things in healthy human relationships. And Clinton did not have it. Partly, you have to read the socio-political climate, currently people want change badly (some people to back to how things use to be, other people to more progressive policies), so that made establishment/elite/corportist bought/status-quo politicians a bad choice.

Honestly, in some way, both sides got what the want, because we certainly don't have status-quo at the moment, and if Hillary was elected that is exactly what we'd have, and due to how crucially close the election was in just a few counties, it would probably still be with a Republican majority house and senate.

The American people need and want a leader with a backbone who is willing to fight, and fight dirty it need be. I don't mean fight physically, or even fight corruptly, but rather stand up unapologetically for the facts, their policies, the American people (not the 1%), and be willing and able to eviscerate Trump's 'facts' and 'policies' and demonstrate how they hurt American people, often to the benefit of the 1%. Few democrats do not seem to be able to call a turd a turd. If the situation requires clearly calling out people, then do it. No equivocating, none. We need clarity to separate facts from fiction, and clarion calls to engage people. This can be done without name-calling.

Other than facts, policy, and no-name calling, that could describe Trump. And does to many people. And that is why he won. And that is why establishment/elite/corportist bought/status-quo politicians are still a bad choice.  Such a politician might win against Trump next time, but the problems that created Trump won't go away. They are too beholden to other elites and corporations and the 1%, due to the influence of money in politics. We need money out of politics, and that can't come soon enough.

I couldn't care less about what Hillary has to say.

Edited by sierraleone, 03 June 2017 - 12:00 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

LoTS, you're probably far too young to remember the original tv comedy show, 'Get Smart!', a 60's spy spoof about secret agent 86, Maxwell Smart and his partner Agent 99. There were several shows in that time period copying the early 60's popularity of the James Bond phenomenon. Maxwell Smart worked for a fictional spy agency called CONTROL, working against the nefarious global criminal aims of a villainous organization called KAOS.

From time to time Agent 86 would need to discuss top secret files or issues with his Chief. One of the funnier ongoing plot devices of the show would be that the bumbling 86 would say "Chief, I demand the Cone of Silence!" to discuss secret matters. The Chief would roll his eyes and sigh and then they would sit and have these two interconnected plexiglass bubbles descend over them from above, securing their conversation. Of course the thing never worked right. Neither could hear the other despite eventually shouting at each other and getting red in the face.

If only there was such an actual device in existence. I would love to stuff both 45 and HRC in one and have all their shared noise canceled for everyone like a nice set of Bose headphones. And make it impervious to escaping tweet signals of course, as well. No noise from either one again...ever. I even understand and believe HRC's complaints about how she was screwed, but am sooooo tired of having her interview clips and b*tching popping up on the news every three days as she goes on her "Woe Is Me" tour. Write another book for God's sake, Hillary! You're good at that. And stop sucking up all the political air and let younger, more viable Dem candidates find their voice and purpose to reset our priorities for the future.

ETA:    

Edited by yadda yadda, 03 June 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#4 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

^ yadda yadda your post are almost always funnier and more succinct than mine, and I love it :D

- Masha Gessen

#5 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

^ They may be funny ( at least I try) but your posts are chock full of facts and revealing info...now powered by and packed with a lot more WaPo! In time to come future EI readers will look at Cait's archives for an explanation of events as they unfolded in the years AD (after Donald), and begin to understand life in America, Canada and the rest of the world as it was during the terrible intelligence and reason sapping 11 month period of the Orange Plague before the Flush and the subsequent uneasy duration of the three year Pence Interregnum.

Edited by yadda yadda, 03 June 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

I liked The Saint and The Avengers. They were witty and tongue-in-cheek.

Hillary is proving, by blaming others, that she really is a loser.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

My post could have been:

- Hillary is not relevant anymore. Except as a prop to those who need to use her to distract from Trump.

- Trump has this going for him: he fights, spoke to the 99% (well more like ~26%, but who is counting?), and spoke against the elites.

- Too bad Trump fights for alternative facts, too bad he is gutting programs for the 99%, and too bad he is working for the 1% (particularly himself).

- Too bad Trump speaks in tongues. Forked hairless ones. Out of both sides of his mouth. And arse.

- We need politicians who fight for what is right (in a fact based reality), works for the 99%, and keeps the 1% in check.
- And by god do we need a free and strong press, and an engaged citizenry, to get such a politician in power, support them, and when they go wrong demand that they change course.
- And oppose the rest of the morally bankrupt politicians until they see the light and/or leave office.

Edited by sierraleone, 03 June 2017 - 01:24 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#8 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,772 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

It's time to put the "Blame Hillary" crap to bed.  This is the best opinion piece I've seen on the current state of Hillary Clinton and the country.  I encourage everyone to read it.

http://www.politico....215220?cmpid=sf

But historians will also ask a more fundamental question: why Hillary Clinton was the only near-miss candidate to endure lasting recrimination – the only such contender to meet with demands that she apologize, “take responsibility,” or otherwise just “shut the fuck up.”

It’s possible that her treatment says more about the kind of country we’ve become than why she lost Wisconsin.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#9 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

^ I don't hate Hillary, but I do hate it every time Russia is brought up people say democrats need to stop blaming Russia for loosing the election. I agree it shouldn't have been so close, but that is not why Russia is relevant. Russia is relevant because there are serious concerns about corruption and influence and dirty connections between Trump & associates and Russian puppets. Not to mention their historical arch-nemesis-ness.

To be honest/fair, I feel the same way when people go "Obama" when criticisms are brought against Trump. Even if they were were cookie cutters of each other, I'm like, Obama is gone! He is not relevant anymore! (and Trump is working to make that even more true by trying to dismantle Obama's legacy). We need to oppose bad policies and decisions and sentiments expressed by those *in power*. And no one has the luxury of time during this dangerous Trump's administration to go over recriminations even where there are weakness or problems from Obama's administration. Trump owns it now, and his voters and party own him. But even they know, on some level, he is toxic, when they don't have a message supporting Trump only a message "but Obama!" "But Hillary!" "But but but".

Edited by sierraleone, 03 June 2017 - 03:06 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#10 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

Billlary just can't seem to get it through her thick head that people simply don't like her, which is partly the reason Bernie did so well.

That she's a smarmy, lying Dixiecrat doesn't help her cause.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

I like Hillary. I wish she was President. I even enjoy listening to her speak, like at the Wellesley commencement. She's so smart, so level headed, so prepared and capable to govern.

But I'm tired of hearing her recap the f**king election woulda shoulda coulda once or twice a week. We know pretty much what happened and what we don't know is in Bob Mueller's capable hands. So no call from me for HRC to shut the f**k up. Keep on doing what you feel you need to do to seek justice or heal your aching heart. I get it. But I'm tuned out from listening. Write a book. Maybe I'll buy it some day in sunnier times.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users