Dark Matter 3-1, pic 6 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 7 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 8 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 12 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 13 - 1500 px.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-1, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpeg

In the Season 3 premiere, the scattered survivors of EOS-7 battle to regroup amidst the backdrop of corporate war. Ryo Ishida, now emperor of Zairon, makes an enemy of his former allies, while the past comes back to haunt the crew of the Raza.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,580 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

So, remind me:  Is Dark Matter the one where the crew woke up not knowing who they were?

If so, has that been sorted out? Do they now know who they are, or do some still have unanswered questions that will continue to haunt them?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,507 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

Dark Matter is indeed the show about a bunch of amnesiacs.  :lol:

As to it being sorted, that's complicated. They know who they are, but do not remember the details-- the one time that their memories were restored, they reverted to their old, evil ways (although they did not also have their new memories).

At this time, only Ryo has his full set of memories, old and new, and that's not going too well, He just butchered a bunch of people, including his brother, took over his home planet, and is about to go to war.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,507 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

(I'm not sure what happened in each episode, so I'm posting my combined review here.)

Well, that was a good, but not overwhelming, return to the Dark Matter universe.  It was nice seeing all the characters again, and having them get back together, but my hopes for Nyx somehow surviving were dashed-- not only was she a great addition to the group, but her presence would really have spiced up the conflict with Emperor Four. And Four really needs to kill his childhood friend, if not for killing Nyx then for being cartoonishly and embarrassingly pretentious. He's killed just about everyone else, so I don't know how he can keep her alive.

And thank goodness they have the Blink Drive back, even if Two is afraid to use it until it's passed quality control. I was afraid that they would drag that out all season. Hopefully they'll get to use it soon.

The interdimensional bubble plot was reminiscent of an old TNG episode, but it helped maintain the tension. I was surprised that none of the scientists survived the incident-- I thought for sure that one guy was going to make it back to the Raza.  

The war seems to be making strange bedfellows of everyone.  Truffault is apparently an ally for the duration, and Anders actually let Three go.  The enemy of my enemy is my frenemy.

Not sure about this new revelation that Five has a rich, connected sister somewhere. It's a bit cliche, but we'll see where they take it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostG-man, on 09 June 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

So, remind me:  Is Dark Matter the one where the crew woke up not knowing who they were?

If so, has that been sorted out? Do they now know who they are, or do some still have unanswered questions that will continue to haunt them?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

View PostRJDiogenes, on 09 June 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Dark Matter is indeed the show about a bunch of amnesiacs.  :lol:

As to it being sorted, that's complicated. They know who they are, but do not remember the details-- the one time that their memories were restored, they reverted to their old, evil ways (although they did not also have their new memories).

At this time, only Ryo has his full set of memories, old and new, and that's not going too well, He just butchered a bunch of people, including his brother, took over his home planet, and is about to go to war.

Yep, their pasts vary wildly, but are pretty much all equally horrible.  They have been learning about them in bits and pieces (usually when something they don't remember comes back to bite them).  But the more they learn, the less they want to find out.

And as RJ mentioned, they discovered that remembering would likely mean reverting to their old ways.  And since they have discovered a way to restore a copy of their old memories (sort of a "last save point" kind of thing), they have made the active decision to not remember, choosing instead to remain their newer, better selves.  Hence the title of this episode!  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 13 June 2017 - 05:07 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

And finally, my thoughts: :)

Badass android for the win!!!  :lol:  :clap:

Truffault is a helpful ally.

Anders & Three made an interesting pair.

Sarah???!!!???  What the hell????  Did Five program the stasis pod to copy her memories or something??

And I always LOVE the little crew bonding / family dinner scenes.  So adorable!  :love:

"The secret ingredient is basil.  And love.  But mostly basil."  :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 June 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

The interdimensional bubble plot was reminiscent of an old TNG episode, but it helped maintain the tension.

I loved that nod!  Because I have always listed that one as my favorite episode of Star Trek!  *Checks*  Looks like it first aired when I was 9.  Yep, I was watching live by then!  :nod:  :cool:

(I'm not sure what happened in each episode, so I'm posting my combined review here.)

Ep 1:  Ended with the family dinner scene, where they decided to go after Four next and retrieve the blink drive.  Then it cut to Five in her quarters working on her secret project.

Ep 2:  Began with Five accessing Four's memories, to learn where to find the blink drive.  It was all blink drive mission after that.  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,507 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 16 June 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

I loved that nod!  Because I have always listed that one as my favorite episode of Star Trek!  *Checks*  Looks like it first aired when I was 9.  Yep, I was watching live by then!  :nod:  :cool:  
I was 29.  :mellow:

Ep 1:  Ended with the family dinner scene, where they decided to go after Four next and retrieve the blink drive.  Then it cut to Five in her quarters working on her secret project.

Ep 2:  Began with Five accessing Four's memories, to learn where to find the blink drive.  It was all blink drive mission after that.  :)
Ah, thank you.  On On Demand, they had them as one big episode, and I didn't get to watch straight through, so I wasn't sure what was what.  :D

#9 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

^^I was 41. ;)

That Ryo didn't kill Nyx opens the door to his once again being allied with the crew, I think, despite all the other people he's killed or betrayed.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,507 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Quite an age range here among the Ex Isles. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users