Dark Matter 3-3, pic 5.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 9.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 10.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 11.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 12.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 13.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 14.jpeg

Dark Matter 3-3, pic 16.jpeg

After receiving a distress call from a former associate, the crew of the Raza find themselves in the middle of a colony's fight for independence.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 16 June 2017 - 05:29 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,418 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow.  :no:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

So, we get another couple new folks cycling into the crew for this season.  It's probably good to have some new blood, given how reduced the core crew is with Four seeming off the crew for the long-term, and Six now being out again.  I didn't catch the names of either the new weaselly guy or his bodyguard, but they both seem workable enough, with how little we've gotten to know them.  It feels like a little more natural fit to me than Nyx and whatsisname last season, to me.

Other than that, it was a strong episode for Six.  The clash between his being more on the "Chaotic Good" alignment spectrum while Two's are more in the "Neutral" zone played out nicely.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

That was an impressive set for the "town square." Did the show get a budget boost this season?
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Is there some kind of rule saying there can only be one black person in the crew at a time?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

^^Apparently! :shrug:

The plots on this show were never that good and I liked it because of the interactions between the original crew. Now that only half of them (plus Android) are still on the Raza, they are close to losing me.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

The plots on this show were never that good and I liked it because of the interactions between the original crew. Now that only half of them (plus Android) are still on the Raza, they are close to losing me.

I'm with you. I stayed with the show because I loved the characters. I won't lie. I almost did leave after they killed One. I loved his character (Heck, I came out on the board because of my love of his character) and losing him hurt. Now with Ryo off the ship and being an evil emperor and Six staying behind on some colony my reasons for watching this show are dwindling.

Fingers crossed that Six isn't gone for good. I know he thinks he can do more good on the colony but honestly he could probably be more effective on the Raza.

I'm really hoping the new characters (like Niko I can't remember their names) work out and that they don't kill them off either. I still dislike the fact that Devon was killed off so randomly and that the crew don't even know he's dead.

Not sure what I think about Sarah being around as an AI  construct. I'll have to wait and see where the show goes with it.

I liked that the Raza crew (well, mainly Six) tried to work out a peaceful resolution to the stand-off. It would have worked had it not been for the General and his man on the inside.

That could be a good direction for the season if they stick with it, having the Raza helping the people stuck in the middle of the corporate war that are getting screwed by everyone.

Ryo didn't kill Mikasa. I didn't think he would but she's going to be nothing but trouble for him down the road.

I wish Killjoys had debuted at the same time as Dark Matters. I liked watching both shows on Fridays.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,418 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

And Six is gone again. What's up with that guy?  He's either in stasis or back with the space cops or leading rebels on a random planet.  I hope he's back soon. We haven't seen much of his bond with Five this year.

And we have two new characters, apparently to replace Nyx and that doctor character. I'd rather have Nyx back. And this guy appears to be a replacement for that other guy who used to be on Stargate: Atlantis.  We'll see. At least we might get some amusing competition between the bodyguard and Three.  :lol:

Meanwhile, Four seems to have gathered an army of mercenaries to kill the Raza crew.  If it's not one thing it's another.  :mellow:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Is there some kind of rule saying there can only be one black person in the crew at a time?

QT

Well that's not good, is it?  :ermm:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 19 June 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

And Six is gone again. What's up with that guy?  He's either in stasis or back with the space cops or leading rebels on a random planet.  I hope he's back soon. We haven't seen much of his bond with Five this year.

The way he left does seem like he will probably come back, sooner or later.  Either building this colony to be a helpful ally, leading into later plots; or else it ends horribly, and he escapes back to the ship, possibly with a few survivors to add to the crew.

But I was thinking about how he was in stasis last season, and it seems like a pattern, that Six leaves for the beginning of each season.  So I kind of wondered if they were accommodating Roger Cross's schedule, if he was filming something else both times.  But I have no idea if that is the case.  I don't see anything obvious on IMDB, but I don't know much about those things.

On twitter though, his answers to people asking about when he will be back on the ship were ... interesting:

PaleBones‏ @PaleBones7 Jun 19
@therogercross Please tell me we'll see you again on @dark_matterTV, more importantly as a crew of the Raza.
----
Roger Cross @therogercross
I'll let you know soon!
3:32 PM - 19 Jun 2017

Corey Wesley‏ @coreywesleyNYC Jun 17
.@therogercross I'm so confused, are you no longer on Dark Matter? Please say that's not so!
----
Roger Cross‏ @therogercross
I let you know soon.
3:25 PM - 19 Jun 2017

Writermind‏ @Night_Writer_X Jun 17
@DarkMatter_show Why do you guys keep trying to write @therogercross out of the show? He's literally the soul of the Raza & a dad to Five.
----
Roger Cross‏ @therogercross
Good question @BaronDestructo
3:24 PM - 19 Jun 2017

You'll notice that he included showrunner Joe Mallozzi in the last reply.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 17 June 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'm with you. I stayed with the show because I loved the characters. I won't lie. I almost did leave after they killed One. I loved his character (Heck, I came out on the board because of my love of his character) and losing him hurt. Now with Ryo off the ship and being an evil emperor and Six staying behind on some colony my reasons for watching this show are dwindling.

It does seem to be mostly the men who are leaving the ship, doesn't it?  Of the original crew, Three is the only guy left!  Ryo is still on the show, but he's not part of the crew anymore, and he's really not our Four anymore.

But with Two, Five, and Android, all the original women are still there.  It's getting a bit lopsided!

Anyway, I do miss the original crew dynamics, but I still love the show.  :)

Ryo didn't kill Mikasa. I didn't think he would but she's going to be nothing but trouble for him down the road.

This.

I wish Killjoys had debuted at the same time as Dark Matters. I liked watching both shows on Fridays.

Me too!

I've got a few more comments on the way.  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:00 AM

So, the original crew of the Raza was Ryo, Boone, ... Shrike & Jasper?  So, what happened to Shrike and Jasper?!?  Are they dead, or could they turn up at some point in the future?

Interesting seeing the General again.  I wondered, when they shot him, they didn't show him disintegrate, but surely that was a clone right?  I mean, last time we saw him I got the impression that he doesn't go anywhere dangerous without Transfer Transit, so, clone right?

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,418 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 23 June 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

But I was thinking about how he was in stasis last season, and it seems like a pattern,  
That's exactly what I was thinking.

On twitter though, his answers to people asking about when he will be back on the ship were ... interesting:  
Odd.  :mellow:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 23 June 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

It does seem to be mostly the men who are leaving the ship, doesn't it?  
He referred to himself as "last man standing."  :D

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 24 June 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

So, the original crew of the Raza was Ryo, Boone, ... Shrike & Jasper?  So, what happened to Shrike and Jasper?!?  Are they dead, or could they turn up at some point in the future?  
You remember the rule about Chekov's Phaser, right?  ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users