23 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

GOP Treason, And What You Need To Know

Why is Jeff Sessions suckholing the Russians?

The answer is that sociopaths in the GOP, including Mitch McConnel, believe that Democracy has run its course, and "has" to be replaced with a form of totalitarian Republicanism. Whitey GOP America feels that this is the only way to keep America out of the hands of  so-called "Liberals".

It is their overbearing sense of entitlement that allows for this sick mind-set.

Certain members of the GOP are actively working with the Kremlin to make this "new vision of America" a reality.

The short version is that these people, who think of themselves as "the only true patriots", have decided that Democracy does not serve the Republican agenda, that non-whites and non-Christians pose en eminent threat to the continued existence of the US.

These people admire the Russians because they're able to have a stranglehold, not just on power, but on the news media, and on public perception. In their view, this is the way to go in order to stifle Liberalism, which they view as weakness which will lead to a failed state. In other words, they're conflating Liberalism with Democracy itself, both of which they view as a breakdown in social order.

Now you know.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 Omega

Omega

Nous sommes tous Franšais

• 3,985 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

I wish I could argue against that. The principles they claim are, in large part, the ones I hold. The principles they actually act on are just evil.

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

If so, it ain't gonna work. Too many real patriots in this country to let that come to pass. And please discontinue using the term "whitey". It's offensive to me and some others here as you've been informed of before. It has offensive and derogatory racial connotations to those offended. Thank you.

#4 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Also, should it come up, I find the term "cracker" offensive. I prefer saltine-American.

#5 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostOmega, on 21 June 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Also, should it come up, I find the term "cracker" offensive. I prefer saltine-American.

That surprises me. I always thought of you as puttin' on the Ritz.  :)

#6 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

Super duper!

#7 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

The term "Whitey" isn't offensive. What's offensive is Whitey privilege, and/or trying to conflate the term Whitey with something that's offensive. It's fake offense that I find offensive.

The outcome of the Rodney King trial was offensive. The outcome of several "stand your ground" trials was offensive.

#8 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

gsmonks, I'm afraid it's not for you to tell someone else what they find offensive. You're, of course, free to not care what yadda finds offensive. But if you're holding to "be awesome to each other", that's not it.

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Thank you, Omega.

#10 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

As a broader statement about such things... love thy neighbor. Treat them as you would like to be treated.

If your neighbor has preferences, do your best to observe them inasfar as it is reasonable for you to do so. If it's necessary to violate those preferences, don't revel in it.

If you have preferences that you would like your neighbor to observe, try to make observing those preferences reasonable. If your neighbor finds it necessary to violate your preferences, try to be understanding of his needs.

The entire discussion of political correctness comes down to this, and to people violating those rules on one side or the other.

Edited by Omega, 05 July 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

The use of racial slurs and the like is another example of how the Left has descended to the level of the Right, and how they got President The Donald elected. Hatred breeds hatred.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostOmega, on 05 July 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

gsmonks, I'm afraid it's not for you to tell someone else what they find offensive. You're, of course, free to not care what yadda finds offensive. But if you're holding to "be awesome to each other", that's not it.

Hey, this should follow the comment I was reacting to!

#13 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 05 July 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

The use of racial slurs and the like is another example of how the Left has descended to the level of the Right, and how they got President The Donald elected. Hatred breeds hatred.

"Whitey" isn't a racial slur. At least not yet. It's a reaction, a social comment.

Unless y'all grew up in a poor, whites-only neighbourhood I've never heard of; a segregated neighbourhood where you were ground down, prevented from getting equitable pay or a good job because of your skin-colour; where your people were murdered with almost complete impunity, by other citizens and law-enforcement alike; where the wheels of justice and social equality were stacked against you.

Yeah . . . I didn't think so.

#14 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 04 July 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

The term "Whitey" isn't offensive. What's offensive is Whitey privilege, and/or trying to conflate the term Whitey with something that's offensive. It's fake offense that I find offensive.

The outcome of the Rodney King trial was offensive. The outcome of several "stand your ground" trials was offensive.

First off, "privilege" is not limited to white people and white is not the only skin color to take advantage of privilege. White people are also not the only ones to be @sses about that privilege.
Second, so you are of the opinion that white people cannot have felt harm, ever? White people have never felt oppressed? Never been killed for their beliefs, never been beaten, never been threatened, never been killed?

"whitey" is an offensive term, it is lumping all white people together and saying that they are all a group of terrorists against anyone of another skin color. This does nothing to make things better. In fact, it does the opposite, it causes more hatred. Basically, you, gsmonks, have fallen into the trap that far too many politicians/talk show hosts have been setting out. The same kind of trap that you accuse defenders of 45 to have fallen into.

To use your own words:

View Postgsmonks, on 05 July 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Even in its most innocuous form, as a symbol, it takes away from society as it bolsters ugly racial stereotypes and bigoted social myths.

Edited by Elara, 06 July 2017 - 04:47 PM.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 05 July 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

"Whitey" isn't a racial slur. At least not yet. It's a reaction, a social comment.  
Of course it is. And your post illustrates one of the ways in which the Left has failed catastrophically: The belief that Left-Wing bigotry is superior to Right-Wing bigotry, that Left-Wing chauvinism is superior to Right-Wing chauvinism, that Left-Wing ignorance is superior to Right-Wing ignorance, and that Left-Wing hatred is superior to Right-Wing hatred. They're not. Bigotry, chauvinism, ignorance, and hatred are the enemies, no matter who practices them.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#16 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

POPULAR

http://www.newnownex...m-bill/07/2017/

While Texas’ bathroom bill has been met with opposition by equal rights groups, it also received criticism from a surprising place—Republican House Speaker Joe Straus.

Straus previously blocked Senate Bill 6, which would have banned trans people from using facilities matching their gender identity and prohibited municipalities from enacting LGBT-rights ordinances, calling it “manufactured and unnecessary.”

Before the bill officially collapsed in May, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick attempted to restructure its language one last time, but Straus reportedly refused to even look at the new draft.

“I’m not a lawyer, but I am a Texan,” he said, as quoted in The New Yorker. “I’m disgusted by all this. Tell the lieutenant governor I don’t want the suicide of a single Texan on my hands.”

Straus also told the publication that he’s disheartened to watch the Republican Party become increasingly influenced by Christian ideologues and cultural concerns at the expense of economic issues.

Since this thread is about GOP treason and there has been discussion of not answering hatred with hatred, I thought this fit here. This what the GOP should be. Straus is a man who wants to focus on actually governing the state and worrying about real issues, not what bathroom a person uses.

He's also right to be worried about how influential Christians have become in the party. I see so many Christians get upset at Sharia law and fear it coming here but don't get the irony and hypocrisy that many Republicans are passing laws based on what they think the Bible teaches and turning a lot of people into second class citizens because of it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#17 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

I really don't know where the Bible says anything about bathrooms... oh, wait.

Posted Image

#18 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 06 July 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Of course it is. And your post illustrates one of the ways in which the Left has failed catastrophically: The belief that Left-Wing bigotry is superior to Right-Wing bigotry, that Left-Wing chauvinism is superior to Right-Wing chauvinism, that Left-Wing ignorance is superior to Right-Wing ignorance, and that Left-Wing hatred is superior to Right-Wing hatred. They're not. Bigotry, chauvinism, ignorance, and hatred are the enemies, no matter who practices them.

Bollocks. It's all in the intent, which you're all ignoring, trying to put words in my mouth to serve your own agenda(s).

On top of which I'm neither a left- or right-wing supporter. If anything, I'm a secularist conservative nihilist.

My point, as I said before, is that white people aren't an oppressed group being called "whitey" all the time by non-white bigots. The latter exist only in tiny numbers, not enough to entail a group.

That disingenuous nonsense aside, GOP treason is seldom outed as such, but it is everywhere. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and many other Republicans, have stated that they want the US to become a Christian theocracy (Right-Wing Christian agenda is the embodiment of treason), that that would be their end-game if they were able to make it reality. Mitch McConnel is of the ilk that believe Republicans and only Republicans should be allowed to govern (this came out when the so-called "nuclear" option was used), that non-Republicans are a danger to his precious bodily fluids. He also tends to conflate non-Republican Democracy with "Left-Wing Liberals who are out to undermine everything this country stands for", and other such insane vitriol.

For many Republicans, "Make America Great Again" = "Make America White Again". There are too many t-shirts stating this for it to not be a factor:

https://www.google.c...iact=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.c...iact=mrc&uact=8

#19 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 06 July 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

My point, as I said before, is that white people aren't an oppressed group being called "whitey" all the time by non-white bigots. The latter exist only in tiny numbers, not enough to entail a group.

I suspect a similar excuse has been said by everyone who felt they were allowed to call people whatever they wanted to.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#20 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 06 July 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 06 July 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Bollocks. It's all in the intent, which you're all ignoring, trying to put words in my mouth to serve your own agenda(s).

On top of which I'm neither a left- or right-wing supporter. If anything, I'm a secularist conservative nihilist.

That disingenuous nonsense aside, GOP treason is seldom outed as such, but it is everywhere. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and many other Republicans, have stated that they want the US to become a Christian theocracy (Right-Wing Christian agenda is the embodiment of treason), that that would be their end-game if they were able to make it reality. Mitch McConnel is of the ilk that believe Republicans and only Republicans should be allowed to govern (this came out when the so-called "nuclear" option was used), that non-Republicans are a danger to his precious bodily fluids. He also tends to conflate non-Republican Democracy with "Left-Wing Liberals who are out to undermine everything this country stands for", and other such insane vitriol.

For many Republicans, "Make America Great Again" = "Make America White Again". There are too many t-shirts stating this for it to not be a factor:

https://www.google.c...=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.c...=mrc&uact=8

The fact that wh*tey is a racist offensive term has nothing to do with oppressed minorities or privileged enclaves. That is an irrelevant distraction you've thrown up to try to derail the fact you are trafficking in offensive racist terminology here, upsetting people to the point you've been asked to desist, and yet you stubbornly and arrogantly insist on repeating the offense. Lebron James is not representative of an oppressed minority. He is a millionaire many times over, respected as the best of the elite at his craft. And yet he was offended when someone vandalized his home by tagging it with the "N" word.

The offensive racist word had nothing to do with his status in society. It was intended to offend and terrorize him by the use of a derogatory epithet singling him out for his race and skin tone and attempting to degrade him for those characteristics. Your use of "whitey" seeks to single out people by skin tone and ascribe negative characteristics and connotation to that particular generalized trait and genetic condition. You could come to any community of color near where I live and walk around addressing people with the pejorative term that begins with "n" and see how far you get trying to intellectulize how the term isn't offensive because of some egghead sociological thesis you've devised. I don't like you throwing around a term that generalizes me or others I know because of my skin tone. That's prejudiced and offensive. Offensive not just to me, but to others here as well. This is the last thing I'm going to say about it to you. I've tried being reasonable and polite about it and you have responded with boorish disrespect. If you intend to metaphorically fart in this forum's elevator because you see no offense given since that's just who you are and how you were raised, I will stay out of your elevator by simply ignoring you and your rancid posts. Fart away, Stinky. Fart like an ill broken wind. Good luck to you and your oppressed flatulent minority group.

Edited by yadda yadda, 07 July 2017 - 04:44 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users