Dark Matter 3-4, pic 3 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 4 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 13 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-4, pic 15 - 1500 px.jpg

Unbeknownst to the rest of the crew, Three has been trapped in a time loop, reliving the same day.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 24 June 2017 - 01:25 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

I am SO looking forward to this episode!!!  :insanosmile:  :D

Time loops are always a blast, and it's a Three focus episode, and a comedy one at that!  Woohoo!!!  :woohoo:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

I am deeply saddened that French-Canadian rock and roll has survived into the future.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

Can't be as bad as the awful Hipster music they have on Killjoys.  :lol:

I haven't had a chance to see this one yet.  I'm looking forward to it.  I saw the opening teaser and it reminded me of that one Stargate: SG1 episode.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

This was a really good episode.  It started out reminding me of that Stargate: SG1 episode-- not surprising, given that some of the same creative personnel are involved-- but ended up also reminding me of that episode of Andromeda, before it sucked, where they met their future counterparts, as well as several episodes of Babylon 5 where we got glimpses of what was to come.

Three being stuck in a time loop was as funny as you could imagine-- possibly funnier-- and pretty impossible to break out of, until somebody got trapped with him. One of the weaknesses of the plot, though, was the McGuffin that triggered the loop. Just some random experimental device that Adrian had ripped off from somebody. A bit too random, I thought, but no big deal.

The time loop actually turned out to be useful in several ways.  The most obvious was that it helped the crew beat Ryo's nearly unbeatable assassin-- now he's stuck in the wall in his underwear. How embarrassing.  :lol:  But it also gave Three time (how much, I wonder?) to think through the Sarah situation and to decide that she really is who she appears to be.  And also, in the best scene of the episode, he finally, after countless failed attempts, made Five feel a little better. His reaction to that was priceless.  

But then things got a little ominous. Android tried to test her calibration of the time loop device and she got it a bit wrong, managing to somehow get herself unstuck in time. She got shot by Three (I'm not sure if that was the past or the future), found herself crying in grief while looking much more human, was disassembled like the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz because she has connections to the android rebellion, and finally, in full Cyberpunk Goth mode, encountered a very elderly Five at "the end of time."  Old Five rattled off a bunch of ominous things to come that somebody else has probably transcribed-- there was something about a Dwarf Star Conspiracy and Android meeting her maker-- and there was a general sense of death, doom, and assorted chaos on the horizon.

Yikes.  :mellow:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

The main interesting thing it established is that Android isn't a mass-production machine, as I (and she herself) had been assuming; she's a one-off.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

I think I missed that. Was that in the dismemberment scene?

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, the evil scientist engineer said that they didn't know who built her (as opposed to "who programmed her"), which I'm taking to mean she wasn't produced in an official factory (who would probably have included a serial number and have accessible records).

Alt-Two said she'd been modified, so the engineer could have simply mis-spoken, but I'm leaning toward the more interesting possibility.

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

And that would tie into Old Five's comment about Android meeting her maker.  Interesting indeed.

#10 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

That was an enjoyable episode. Three didn't do quite as many antics to the crew members as I thought he would but that's okay.

Adrian and Solara are being developed nicely. I think they make good additions to the crew. I still wish One and Six were around but oh well. Glad that Solara is a lesbian. Always nice to see LGBT inclusion.

Old 5 gave lots of hints as to what's to come but of course we (and the crew) won't know their significance until they come to pass. It does seem like Ryo fails since Old 5 mention the fall of House Ishida. It does seem like dark times are headed for the crew, but Old 5 did hint that their actions made the universe a better place.

While the Android really didn't get a lot of information about the future she did get some. Will that information aid her in changing the future or fulfilling it? Or will she try not to act on it whatsoever?

I do wonder if the writers will actually get to fulfill their plans and have all of the hints come to fruition.

I too wasn't thrilled that the reason for the time loop being some random device never before mentioned and now destroyed but it was a small thing in an otherwise great episode.

I know that Three coming to accept that the virtual Sarah is the real Sarah is a great milestone for him but I can't work up any feelings about Sarah. I had almost forgotten she existed to be honest. I really don't know where the writers are going with her plot.

I thought that Ash the assassin might be an android at first since the recap mentioned the android underground and since his phasing ability wasn't part of the clothing he was wearing. I was wrong, obviously, but I do hope we get some explanation for his phasing technology since it was apparently years away from being ready.

The most obvious was that it helped the crew beat Ryo's nearly unbeatable assassin-- now he's stuck in the wall in his underwear. How embarrassing.  :lol:

That does suck for him, and I guess the crew who now have a basically naked guy stuck in a wall. I have to say, I love that this show keeps getting attractive men and putting them in tight underwear.

And also, in the best scene of the episode, he finally, after countless failed attempts, made Five feel a little better. His reaction to that was priceless.

I loved that scene as well. Three really just wanted to cheer her up, and he finally did.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 28 June 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

While the Android really didn't get a lot of information about the future she did get some. Will that information aid her in changing the future or fulfilling it? Or will she try not to act on it whatsoever?  
Since Old Five deliberately withheld information, saying that things had to work out a certain way for the greater good, Android will probably not want to try to change things-- but will probably be constantly questioning whether or not the little information she has is affecting her decisions.

I thought that Ash the assassin might be an android at first since the recap mentioned the android underground and since his phasing ability wasn't part of the clothing he was wearing. I was wrong, obviously, but I do hope we get some explanation for his phasing technology since it was apparently years away from being ready.  
Yeah, I wonder if he got it from Ryo or from another source. Ryo may not even know about it-- if he does, we'd expect all of his assassins to possess it.

That does suck for him, and I guess the crew who now have a basically naked guy stuck in a wall. I have to say, I love that this show keeps getting attractive men and putting them in tight underwear.  
:lol:  I demand equal time for the women, though, especially if they ever bring back Nyx.  :D

I loved that scene as well. Three really just wanted to cheer her up, and he finally did.  
He was so pleased.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users