• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

The NRA is a terrorist organisation that should have been banned decades ago.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2384289

https://www.nytimes....-terrorism.html
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#22 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 24 July 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

What, EXACTLY, is wrong with that ad? It tells the TRUTH about what is happening. Oh, that's apparently what the problem with it is: It exposes the Truth about just how VIOLENT the Left is.

So, when Palin painted targets over the faces of Democrats, that wasn't violence in the making? When college kids were shot and killed at Kent State for simply being on campus (not part of the protest), that wasn't violence? When 45 told people "If you see somebody with a tomato, knock the crap out of them", that wasn't violence in the making? You are kidding yourself if you think the Left is alone in this so-called violence.
So, are you saying that Americans need to carry guns to shoot anyone who might disagree with them? Perhaps calling them violent protestors to make sure they can claim self-defense? Where does it end, LotS?

Do you know what I have to fear? Because of my ancestry, I tend to be darker skinned, taking after my mother's side. But, she was considered white. Now, my son has black hair (long) and chooses to grow a beard and mustache, but his skin tends to be lighter than mine. A couple of years ago we went to a car show and I happened to run into an old friend. When I saw him again a few days later, he asked me who the "Muslim" was that I was with. Do you have any idea how messed up that question was? And in so many ways.
With the way things are now, I have to wonder if some freak, because 45 has fueled more hatred of "Muslims", is going to look at my son and decide to use his right to carry a gun to defend himself against the "Muslim" horror. Every time you listen to 45, and those that stretch the truth, and don't bother to fact check, you remind me of the danger my son is in, which makes me think of the danger that so many, far too d@mn many people live with, that has been fueled again because some Republicans and 45, love to incite violence.

Aside from that, has it not occurred to you that the NRA is a business? And what does a business do when it fears it could lose money? Think about it. Look at commercials, take nugenix. Who sweats like the white guy in that commercial? Have you ever sweated? Do you look like you have been splattered with water? What about the other brand with the muscled up guys lifting heavy stuff and doing hard work (as if any of them ever worked like that)? It's all about fear, lies, making a person feel like less if they don't look like that (hey, welcome to the woman's world). It is the same thing with the NRA, lies, fear, be strong with a gun!, etc... And you are falling for it.
I have a gun, and I don't need, nor do I want the NRA speaking for me.

Edited by Elara, 26 July 2017 - 02:54 AM.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#23 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostElara, on 26 July 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

So, when Palin painted targets over the faces of Democrats, that wasn't violence in the making? When college kids were shot and killed at Kent State for simply being on campus (not part of the protest), that wasn't violence? When 45 told people "If you see somebody with a tomato, knock the crap out of them", that wasn't violence in the making? You are kidding yourself if you think the Left is alone in this so-called violence.
So, are you saying that Americans need to carry guns to shoot anyone who might disagree with them? Perhaps calling them violent protestors to make sure they can claim self-defense? Where does it end, LotS?

Not at all. I never said only the left has been violent. Although lately it IS the Left that is being violent.

Do you know what I have to fear? Because of my ancestry, I tend to be darker skinned, taking after my mother's side. But, she was considered white. Now, my son has black hair (long) and chooses to grow a beard and mustache, but his skin tends to be lighter than mine. A couple of years ago we went to a car show and I happened to run into an old friend. When I saw him again a few days later, he asked me who the "Muslim" was that I was with. Do you have any idea how messed up that question was? And in so many ways.
With the way things are now, I have to wonder if some freak, because 45 has fueled more hatred of "Muslims", is going to look at my son and decide to use his right to carry a gun to defend himself against the "Muslim" horror. Every time you listen to 45, and those that stretch the truth, and don't bother to fact check, you remind me of the danger my son is in, which makes me think of the danger that so many, far too d@mn many people live with, that has been fueled again because some Republicans and 45, love to incite violence.

Aside from that, has it not occurred to you that the NRA is a business? And what does a business do when it fears it could lose money? Think about it. Look at commercials, take nugenix. Who sweats like the white guy in that commercial? Have you ever sweated? Do you look like you have been splattered with water? What about the other brand with the muscled up guys lifting heavy stuff and doing hard work (as if any of them ever worked like that)? It's all about fear, lies, making a person feel like less if they don't look like that (hey, welcome to the woman's world). It is the same thing with the NRA, lies, fear, be strong with a gun!, etc... And you are falling for it.
I have a gun, and I don't need, nor do I want the NRA speaking for me.

Sorry you're experiencing this.

And for the record, I don't own a gun. It's a personal choice of mine. I KNOW my own temper, and having a gun on my person when I'm angry...No, I would rather avoid that whole situation altogether. But I DO support other people's right to carry.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#24 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

The Left is being violent, lately, LoTS? Show, not tell. Some examples to show you're not talking through your hat.

The right to bear arms is perhaps the dumbest, most destructive right in existence. Most people are too stupid and irresponsible to own a firearm. That stupidity and irresponsibility is aided and abetted by the NRA, at the behest of the gun lobby, which is a front for the gun business.

Pushing guns is more stupid and more irresponsible than selling drugs, and far more lethal.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#25 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 26 July 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Not at all. I never said only the left has been violent. Although lately it IS the Left that is being violent.

The crazies have reared their heads, yes. The guy who shot the Republican representative comes to mind, but the men killed for protecting two girls, were not killed by someone on the Left. You just don't find white supremacists on the Left. And unfortunately, if I took the time, I would find more killing and attempts at killing done by people affiliating with the Right.
It is wrong no matter what a person believes, and it is up to our government leaders to condemn this, not encourage it. When 45 told people "If you see somebody with a tomato, knock the crap out of them", he was telling them to inflict violence on the person holding a tomato, which was recently enough.
The thing is, if one side is encouraging violence, why be surprised when the other side strikes back?

View PostLord of the Sword, on 26 July 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Sorry you're experiencing this.

And for the record, I don't own a gun. It's a personal choice of mine. I KNOW my own temper, and having a gun on my person when I'm angry...No, I would rather avoid that whole situation altogether. But I DO support other people's right to carry.

Thank you.
I only have to experience this worry when he goes to a more populated area. Here in our home town, he is mostly safe, but there are people who now have to live with this fear daily and that is not right. It is not acceptable and 45 should be saying this loud and clear, but he is not. As the president of the US, this is his job, to unite us as a people, but he has failed.

I applaud your recognition that you should not own a gun, but far too many people don't have that connection in their brain and that is how innocents get killed.
I don't carry my gun, it's a shotgun, and it is put away. I don't have any need for it (I hope).

I don't know if I support a person's right to carry. Quite honestly, in most cases, I think it would be more apt to get a person killed than it would be to save them or someone else. Most people just don't have the training, and even those that do, can make a mistake. Years ago, a local deputy sheriff decided to show his gun to someone at a party. While handling the gun, it went off and shot a woman in the next room (same guy ran for sheriff and lost. shock).
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users