• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Kidwrangler

Kidwrangler
  • Islander
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:36 PM

Hello everyone!

As the title says, I'm hoping to start the next Tyrant RP early in the week of Oct. 6.  Its going to be a lighter story, and run a little differently than our usual ones.  (Now stop glaring around like that!)

Everyone who wants to be involved can start winding up their side stories in Character Interaction.  As soon as I can get my computer to cooperate (sometime in the next decade, or so), I'll post the known roles and who is presently holding them, as well as the roles that have been vacant long enough to warrant someone else stepping into them.

The Character Interaction thread will remain open during the next game because anyone who isn't in the compound when the new game starts will not be permitted to join in the middle of the plot, and people who are interested in playing this story need to be able to post regularly.  (I said stop glaring!)  

If you know right now you want to play, stop in and let me know.  If you aren't sure, we can talk about it.

KW

#2 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:33 PM

I'm in!!  I'll be sure to stay in the compound, then......and I wasn't glaring, honest ;)!!

#3 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:34 PM

Me? Glare?

:glare:
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#4 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:37 PM

Rolls her eyes at the Alpha ;). That means he's in! ;)

#5 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:11 AM

*wide eyed innocent look* see no glaring from me :D

I'm in - I can't let my husband and sister-wife have all the fun ;)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#6 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:50 AM

Raeven, on Sep 29 2003, 03:11 AM, said:

*wide eyed innocent look* see no glaring from me :D

I'm in - I can't let my husband and sister-wife have all the fun ;)
We knew you'd be here!!  Yay!!! :D!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 29 September 2003 - 08:52 AM.

#7 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 09:54 AM

Hopefully XT can get online at the library today and we can write in him doing the caveman thing and just slinging her over his shoulder and we can get back and face the Matriarch's disapproval. :hehe:

#8 Tyrman

Tyrman

Only in America...

• Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:35 AM

I'm in, but the week of the 6th is going to be hell for me. My marching band schedule for that week:

Monday, 6th-off (thank God)
Tuesday, 7th-three hour practice
Wednesday, 8th-Northern Regionals Competition
Thursday, 9th-three hour practice
Friday, 10th-Football Game: Pep Band and Halftime Show
Saturday, 11th-three hour practice followed by Pomona Festival/Competition

All in addition to school. So please forgive me if I'm not able to be here for the better part of that week.

Though I can post during school in my off period, so we'll see how it works out. Again, my apologies.

Edit: the week after that is State Finals week, and then I'm free until next season.

Edited by Tyrman, 29 September 2003 - 10:37 AM.

#9 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:40 AM

Wheeeeeeeee!

(Translation:  MEMEMEMEMEME!)

(Translation of the Translation:  I'm in!)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#10 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:43 AM

Perigrine wants out of that blankety blank hospital bed!!!!

I'm in!

#11 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:07 AM

Oh no Miss Peri - you are going to stay in that bed for a long long time yet ;)

*sees the evil glint in Shals eye and pales*

Ok, I promise you can get up soon ;)

#12 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 12:57 PM

"It's these damned embarraseing hospital gowns...and I miss my cats"  Perigrine pouts then grins

"I'll rest another day, if it can be in my own quarters, I'll curl up in bed with a tray of nibbles, a pitcher of iced tea, and a good book or two...but I do need to see the Matriarch, she's requested to see me"

#13 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 01:24 PM

^ :) feel free to get up in the morning and return to your quarters - Jareth will clear it with the good Doctor.....but I don't think Nikki will give the cats up without a fight ;)

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 02:03 PM

Raeven, on Sep 29 2003, 11:24 AM, said:

...but I don't think Nikki will give the cats up without a fight ;)
Well, can we get some of our own, please, Rae? Huh, huh, huh? Can we? Import them from somewhere? ;)

#15 Kidwrangler

Kidwrangler
  • Islander
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

{{{Tyrman}}} don't worry.  You know it takes a little while for a story to get into the swing of things.  I'll keep your schedule in mind and expect you'll step in as soon as you can.

Yay for Nikki, Rae, Rov, Shal and Jid!!!  I'm hoping we'll all have some fun!

And LOL at LTA and the caveman scenario.  Somehow I have a hard time picturing Lalita being carried--kicking and screaming--into the Tyrant compound over XT's shoulder!!

KW

#16 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:14 PM

Knowing XT the way I do, I can see it clearly.... :hehe:

#17 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:51 AM

Nikki Peppermint, on Sep 29 2003, 08:03 PM, said:

Well, can we get some of our own, please, Rae? Huh, huh, huh? Can we? Import them from somewhere? ;)
Ok.....let's get three cute kitties, one for each of the kids :D That can be Rov's next task ;)

#18 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:06 AM

I'm in, of course.
Rejected and gone.

#19 Kidwrangler

Kidwrangler
  • Islander
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:11 PM

Okey-dokey people!  After giving up and returning to pen and paper, I've consolidated the notes I have with the very helpful notes Shal had, and come up with the following.  While I wouldn't say this was set in stone, I'd like it to be firmer than jello :rolleyes:

Background:
     The Tyrant Pride presently resides on the planet Kyriel.  They were forced to leave their previous homeworld when it became environmentally unstable due to an invasion by the Pyrians.  The evacuation to Kyriel was unforseen, and the Pride is still recovering.  Kyriel is an old world with remains of a previous civilization in numerous archaeological sites.  The main Tyrant compound has been settled into one of these sites--a mountain honeycombed with corridors and chambers.  Some of these chambers contain remnants of the previous civilization--such as the refracting crystals set in the ceiling of the Matriarch's office--but mostly contain dust, occasional worked stone decorations, etc.  The mountain chosen for the compound has more than enough space for all the Tyrants both on and off the planet, so most of the chambers are presently empty.  As people return/join, they are allowed to choose any room/suite that has not already been claimed.
     As well as the mountain claimed by the Pride, there is a human compound farther down the slope, in a rift valley.  There is enough arable land to grow supplementary fresh food, but not to produce enough food to be independent of imports.  Most of the land around the compound is worn mountains, old valleys with running water, and semi-desert conditions.  However, other areas on the continent are more level, with soil that could be easily reclaimed for farming.  
     Kyriel has an older yellow sun, elevated surface temperatures during the day and significant temperature drops at night, and a "day" of about 28 hours.

Where is everybody?
     The compounds--both Tyrant and human--are presently functioning with a severely reduced population.  Many people died during the problems with the Pyrians, and the Bloodblades have just killed more.  Approximately 2/3 of the adult Tyrant population is off-planet, earning money to rebuild the Pride, engaged in the acquisition of needed supplies, on missions at the discretion of the Alpha/Matriarch, etc.  On the ground we have approximately 2000 Nietzs and 300 humans.  These include the "core" group of active players, as well as any support people.

Who's left and what are they doing?

Alpha:  Rov:  Other than the ongoing search for good quality Scotch, he's in charge of all Tyrant military, both on and off the planet.  He oversees all active and passive military operations.

Matriarch: Bobdylanite (played with permission by Kidwrangler):  Oversees all non-military operations of the Pride, on and off planet.  Coordinates non-military operations; is the civilian authority for the Pride.

Space Corps General: XT (Xavion Tamaris):  In charge of all military spaceships, defense platforms, military hardware in space, and the Space Marines. Reports to Alpha.

Fleet Commander:  D'Monix (Hannibal):  Commander of AeroSpace Forces.  Oversees docking operations.  Oversees defenses (military and personnel) based in space.  Reports to XT.

Chief of Security:  Jid (Rufus Hector):  Coordinates all ground-based security forces.  Supervises the Captain of the Guard.  Reports to XT.

(more later)

Edited by Kidwrangler, 03 October 2003 - 07:14 PM.

#20 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:09 PM

LOL at KW and LT-I have to agree with LT knowing XT the way I do I can definitely see him throwing me over his shoulder-I may be kicking or screaming or instead of being angry I may just like it :D  :devil:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users