• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

There seems to be some confusion about the title. It is either "One More Card To Play" or "One Last Card To Play".  :shrug:  (We'll see which one is a line from the episode!) :)

Edit:  It is definitely "One Last Card To Play".  I have corrected the thread title accordingly.  :cool:

Airdate July 7, 2017

Spoilers

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 1.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 2.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 7.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 8.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 9.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 11.jpg

Dark Matter 3-6, pic 14.jpg

It's Raza vs Raza when other dimensional alternates of the crew steal weapons, the real crew must get them back.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 09 July 2017 - 10:57 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

Ooh, more alternate universes.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Well, no, the same alternate universe we've seen before.  Or at least the denizens thereof.

So, double crosses and triple crosses, and betrayals and dubious alliances-- I lost track of who was who and what was what.  :lol:

Looks like the Evil Twin plotline will be ongoing, which is kind of interesting.  When you're trying to redeem yourself and make a new reputation, there's nothing worse than having an Evil Twin on the loose.  :no:  

I got a kick out of the Androids making the trade off:  "Are you being deceptive?"  "No."  :lol:

But once again we are shown that it does not pay to get attached to new characters.  Both Adrian and Solara are gone, despite Solara being listed as a series regular. Although, between that and the flirting between Adrian and Five at the end, maybe they will be back.

And speaking of being back, I was pretty concerned that Six might be toast until the previews Spoilered his survival. Hopefully this means he'll be back with the crew for good.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

Man, they really do yo-yo the characters in this show.  It seems like every other episode this season has had a heartfelt goodbye or getting-to-know-you thread to a plotline. I thought Adrian was a decent addition.  I hadn't formed any attachment to Solara... the little backstory exposition wasn't enough to give her much character yet.  But I'm always more partial to the geekier characters, anyway.

The dopples are fun. It was interesting that I kinda tweaked to something being off with Two pretty early... it was really light - something about her voice being pitched higher or less no-nonsense or something.  (I totally saw the Boone switch coming when he went to "get his weapons" though, so I was glad Five and the Android caught it, too.)

It's disappointing that they felt the need to rule out any return by Corso.  But I like that mercenary guy with the toothpick, so he's a fun one to have back.  (I don't think he was mentioned as part of the androids' hostage exchange? I wonder if Two just let him go?)

This is the second show I've watched this year to feature a group-spacing like that.  Harsh, man.

Edited by Niko, 11 July 2017 - 10:39 AM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, they seem to have written off Corso in any form.  I wonder if there was a falling out with the actor or something.

Two and Three were definitely a bit off at the beginning-- a bit more bloodthirsty than usual.

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

I thought this was an okay episode. It felt more like set-up for future episodes than anything else.

One of the main reasons I was excited about this episode was because I hoped Corso would be back. Sure, he's not One but at least it would be Marc Bendavid back on my TV screen and then he isn't in the episode. Just... *sighs*

I have to say that I didn't see the switch with Five coming. It makes total sense in hindsight but until we saw our Five tied up half naked I didn't didn't even think about a switch. Thankfully the Raza crew were ready for that.

Guess we now know why "Five" shot the Android. It wasn't our Five. That's one future peek that has now come true.

Two and Three were definitely a bit off at the beginning-- a bit more bloodthirsty than usual.

I thought that they might be the doubles at first but wasn't sure until they started shooting everyone in cold blood. Our Raza crew isn't above killing but they have tried to find a better way lately.

Man, they really do yo-yo the characters in this show.  It seems like every other episode this season has had a heartfelt goodbye or getting-to-know-you thread to a plotline. I thought Adrian was a decent addition.  I hadn't formed any attachment to Solara... the little backstory exposition wasn't enough to give her much character yet.  But I'm always more partial to the geekier characters, anyway.

It is getting kind of annoying. I had really warmed to Adrian and thought he made a good addition to the cast and then they just ship him off. After they spent several episodes building his character up we better see him again soon.

While the show didn't do much with Solara I did like her and any LGBT representation is appreciated so hopefully she will return as well.

And speaking of being back, I was pretty concerned that Six might be toast until the previews Spoilered his survival. Hopefully this means he'll be back with the crew for good.

My credits got cut off so I didn't see the preview but I figured they wouldn't kill Six. I don't know if they can afford to lose any more characters.

I have to say, I am not feeling any of the Ryo plots. Part of the problem is I'm not invested in the war. Half the time I can barely remember the name of Ryo's empire, and I sure as heck can't remember the name of who they're fighting or what the war is about. The show hasn't given us a reason to care and they've turned Ryo into a pretty unlikable character. Plus we know from Future Five that the House of Ishida falls so what little suspense that plot was generating is gone.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,617 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 11 July 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

I have to say that I didn't see the switch with Five coming. It makes total sense in hindsight but until we saw our Five tied up half naked I didn't didn't even think about a switch.
I think you mean Three. You got my hopes up there for a second.  :lol:

It is getting kind of annoying. I had really warmed to Adrian and thought he made a good addition to the cast and then they just ship him off. After they spent several episodes building his character up we better see him again soon.  
I still think that Adrian and Solara might come back.  There was that hint of romance between Adrian and Five, and they were starting to flesh out Solara's background quite a bit.

I have to say, I am not feeling any of the Ryo plots.
I'm not too happy about them making Four a full-fledged villain. It makes me wonder what the actor thinks of being separated from his original co-stars and having to be the heavy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users