Dark Matter 3-8, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 6.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 8.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 10.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 12.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 13.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 14.jpg

Dark Matter 3-8, pic 15.jpg

While providing safe transport for some allies, The Raza comes under attack from within.

At the beginning of the season when I saw the list of episode titles, I noticed this one and decided that it would be about the Android.  (Remember when she stole Five's hot chocolate?  :lol:)  Let's see if I was right!  :D

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,281 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

I like it that Android really acts like an android. Not that I don't like characters like Data, but this is a nicely different approach.  The way she responded to Five's code word and instruction to trust her were good examples of that.  In fact, the entire plot about her being hacked and remotely controlled was a very realistic approach (at least by contemporary standards, which will of course be very outdated by the time real androids exist-- I'm reminded of the TNG episode "Contagion," where Data was infected with a computer virus and everyone was baffled by the very concept).

Well, Six did his best to talk sense into the representatives of the independent colonies, but they were as short sighted as politicians always are. This will not work out well for any of them, I'm sure, except for Ryo, who will exploit them as much as possible.

The showdown between Two and Four was inconclusive, but the dynamic has now changed somewhat since Two knows that Four did not kill Nyx. You would think that Two would have made shorter work of Four, given her nanite powers, but perhaps he was wearing some kind of body armor.

And, once again, the Blink Drive has malfunctioned, proving itself to be a danger even when just conducting a simulation. What has it done this time?  Well, the previews pretty much gave that away, and it looks like it will be pretty funny.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

What a great episode. It moved the plot forward, had some really nice tense moments, and showed why the crew of the Raza are to be feared.

Ryo makes another move against his former crew and it's actually a good plan. Remote hijacking the Android and using her to sneak him and his men aboard using the transfer pods was brilliant.

I don't know if I forgot that Zairon was part of the League of Autonomous Worlds or if it just wasn't mentioned. They are also apparently waging war against Pyr, another member so it's a civil war. Nice to know. I still don't care really but more information is always good.

Five proved yet again why she's awesome when she shut the Android down and stopped the remote hijacking guy.

Well, Six did his best to talk sense into the representatives of the independent colonies, but they were as short sighted as politicians always are. This will not work out well for any of them, I'm sure, except for Ryo, who will exploit them as much as possible.

I knew they would follow Ryo because he was offering them the path of least resistance. Joining the League is easier than trying to form their own alliance among themselves and offers them ready protection, even if Ryo is just going to use them to further his war.

The showdown between Two and Four was inconclusive, but the dynamic has now changed somewhat since Two knows that Four did not kill Nyx. You would think that Two would have made shorter work of Four, given her nanite powers, but perhaps he was wearing some kind of body armor.

I thought Two would win because she's been shown to be the best fighter, hands down. Ryo is obviously great as well, but it always seemed like he couldn't beat Two. Still, the fight between the two was great.

I am glad that the crew and Ryo have bared some of their secrets. They know Ryo didn't kill Nyx and he knows that the Blink Drive is damaged, maybe beyond repair. He is still going to hunt them down, but there seemed to be less animosity between all of them.

I loved Five giving the Android a new hair style. It was a sweet moment.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

One of those guys was Von Flores, who played Ronald Sandoval on EARTH FINAL CONFLICT.  In fact, he was the only lead to be in every season.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,404 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 26 July 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I don't know if I forgot that Zairon was part of the League of Autonomous Worlds or if it just wasn't mentioned. They are also apparently waging war against Pyr, another member so it's a civil war. Nice to know.

No, it's not a civil war. The term "league" usually refers to an alliance of distinct sovereign nations, like the League of Nations which preceded the UN, or the Arab League today. I believe the LAW is made up of separate planetary nations that cooperate as a single bloc to counter the power of the GA and the galactic corporations, since they'd be too weak individually to stand up to them.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users