Dark Matter 3-9, pic 4 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 5 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 13 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 15 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-9, pic 16 - 1500 px.jpg

When the Blink Drive self activates during a diagnostic, the Raza and its crew are transported through space and time.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Well, that was pretty amusing. I think the funniest moment was when Android told them they had to change to appropriate clothes-- their 27th century clothes are so generic they could easily walk around without being noticed.  :lol:

But Android really got into the whole fitting-in-with-the-21st-century thing. She even got double points for the car purchase.  Got a bit spoilery on that TV show finale, though.  Everybody will think that she obtains her programs by "other means."  :lol:

And now we know where the Blink Drive came from. I wonder if we'll ever see him again, or if this was just a plot device to get a working Blink Drive (even though it sounds like Two still won't use it). I wonder if Ryo will somehow successfully steal the original Blink Drive and repair it.

I wonder if this episode was intended as an homage to Star Trek-- they've done any number of episodes where the characters were trapped in the past and had to find a way back to the present:  "Tomorrow Is Yesterday," "The City On The Edge Of Forever," "Data's Disembodied Head Adventure," etc.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

I always loved Third Rock from the Sun and this was a mini-version, even if the crew (except for Android) were time-traveling humans instead of aliens in human form. It looks like they've solved the Blink Drive as a narrative problem. They have it if the writers write themselves into a corner where it's the only salvation but they aren't going to use it routinely, which would make their standard missions too easy.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

I have mixed feelings about the Blink Drive.  Granted, it can become a Deus Ex Machina, but on the other hand that one little ship needs something special to be a player in an interstellar war.

I didn't make the Third Rock From The Sun connection, but the episode did kind of feel like an 80s movie to me.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Did anyone else catch that the kid's name was Jake Connor? Same first initial and last name as John Connor. :lol:

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

I did not catch that.  Terminator reference, right?

#7 Doppleganger

Doppleganger
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

Really enjoyed this episode and loved how they managed to pull off a 'locked room' paradox pretty well.
“Is that not blasphemy? Defying the will of the Covenant?’

‘No,’ said the captain. ‘It was a tactical retreat in the face of overwhelming boredom.”
The First Heretic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users