Dark Matter 3-10, pic 8 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 12 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 15 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-10, pic 19 - 1500 px.jpg

A distress call from the Android's friend, Victor, leads to answers about Two's past.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

This was the strongest episode of the season for me. It depended on character interactions and reveals and did not involve the boring war the corporations are fighting against each other. I surely never saw Android (Suki!) being the simulacrum of one of the scientists who created Two, nor suspected that the scientist had an intimate relationship with her. Unexpected stuff from their wiped memories needs to surface more often if it is as startling as this.

I'm sorry something sinister seems to be going on with all those friendly folks at the Sanctuary but it could lead to other interesting plots.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,866 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostCardie, on 05 August 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

This was the strongest episode of the season for me. It depended on character interactions and reveals...

I felt much the same. It was very effective and did a lot to advance the characters.

So now Zoie Palmer is playing a doctor who was also the lover of the show's female lead? That seems familiar...
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

I also agree that this was the strongest episode, though the previous episode was probably the funnest episode of the season.

Everything here just worked so well and came together beautifully.

Okay, I kept wracking my brain for why the actor playing Chase looked familiar and then of course they reveal he was the android that Five befriended in the season 2 finale who had the bomb implanted inside him and I felt stupid for not recognizing that.

It depended on character interactions and reveals and did not involve the boring war the corporations are fighting against each other.

Yeah, the corporate war hasn't been that great. I can't even remember the names of the corporations most of the time. It just has no personal connection to the crew.

They did end up putting Sarah in an android body like I thought they would, though it's a darker turn than I expected since it looks like Victor and the others are up to no good.

Okay, apparently Two is bisexual since she was attracted to One and now to Dr. Shaw. I loved Android's line of "Awkward."

The Android's name is Suki. I wonder if the show will start using it or if the crew will keep calling her Android?

Unexpected stuff from their wiped memories needs to surface more often if it is as startling as this.

Yes it does. While it was interesting to learn that Six has a family they didn't do much with it and so far they've just teased us about what terrible thing Three might have done. That's the one thing that frustrates me about this show sometimes. They like to drip information out over a long period of time and usually by the time they reveal something I've forgotten the earlier stuff they revealed.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Wow, that was quite an eventful episode. Looks like I was right about Sarah getting an android body, but now she is with the androids-- and they expect her to help them. Is that because she is now under their control or because they plan to strong arm or blackmail her?

And I certainly didn't expect the Creator to be the image of Android.  That's a bit Noonian Soong, but they're obviously going in a different direction here. Dr Shaw is more Susan Calvin than Noonian Soong and was apparently heavily involved with Two. Android was created to be a replacement body for Shaw, but instead turned into an homage, for reasons that are unclear-- and what exactly were Two and Five doing in those flashbacks?  And we now know that Android has a name-- Suki. I wonder if that has some significance.

This was certainly a nice episode for Android, with touching moments of support from Five (berating Chase about changing her settings), Six (stressing her individuality), and Three (apologizing)-- and even Four, in flashback.  I wonder if any of this will convince her to load the upgrade.  

The Android Underground plotline is certainly a lot more interesting than the Corporate War-- if they're going to rip off a story, I'd rather it be Asimov's Foundation than yet another boring space war.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users