The Path To True Love Never Runs Smooth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,265 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

I know.  No one cares about Andromeda fic anymore and no one is going to read this or if they do they aren't going to bother leaving a comment.  But I wrote this and I like this and I'm going to post it here because I still love to read about Beka.  And this is a shipper fic of her and Dylan, the right one, so hey, at least it hits all the right notes for me, if no one else.  So, here it is.

Chapter 1

Captain Dylan Hunt was driving himself crazy.  He couldn't stop thinking about Beka Valentine.  It made no sense at all.  She was his first officer and best friend, a captain in her own right.  And Commonwealth protocol precluded any kind of romantic relationship between crewmembers.

Except that things were different.  It was over 300 years later and none of the regulations meant anything anymore.  He started thinking about the woman he admitted to himself that he was interested in.

At the moment she was piloting them through slipstream to another meeting.  She was very beautiful but also so much more than that.  Beka was the best pilot he'd ever come across in all his 300 plus years of life.  And she was a good and loyal friend.  Too bad she couldn't see herself as he saw her.  This meant she probably had no interest in him whatsoever.

"We're there," she suddenly announced.  "Another long, boring and probably formal meeting."

"It's all for a good cause, the restoration of the Commonwealth," he pointed out to her.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Whatever.  It still really, really bites."

And Dylan had to laugh.  Another quality of hers he found endearing was this sarcastic and biting side.
********************************************************************************It was just as Beka had feared.  Another long, boring dinner.  At the end the Zordans signed the charter.  That was good because it made Dylan happy.  Dylan.  That man.  So exasperatingly idealistic.  So different from any of the other men she'd known in her life.  So he was too good for the likes of her.  He would never, ever be interested in her the way that she was interested in him.  She'd just have to find a way to live with that.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#2 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:06 AM

And? :)
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#3 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hey, I read it!  Cute scene(s).  And maybe nobody cares, but that's not going to stop me from [shamless plug]finishing my Burst Angel/Andromeda crossover on fan fiction.net.[/shameless plug]  Yes, I'm talking about Angels Ascendant.  I added more chapters to it, but didn't get around to putting them here.  https://www.fanficti...ngels-Ascendant

Edited by MikeJaffa, 19 September 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#4 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

I like it so far. Good beginning!

Now, will those 2 ever realize that they both have feelings about each other?????  {shakes head} Probably not.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#5 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,265 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Wow!!!!!   I actually got reviews.  You mean there are still people that care about Andromeda fanfiction?  That's great because I still care too.  I love to read and write it as much as ever and sorely miss the more active days.  But anyway, here is more of the story.

Chapter 2

Harper was down in Machine Shop 1 working hard as usual when Rommie appeared.  "Harper."

"Whoa, Rom-Doll, what's the idea?  You nearly gave me a heart attack.  Don't ever disturb a genius at work."

"I'm sorry but I need your help."

"Sure.  You got it.  Whatever it is, I'll help."

"First off, I don't know if you're aware of how Dylan and Beka look at each other when they think no one is watching them.  Especially if they think the object of their scrutiny isn't looking."

"Yeah, it's kind of hard not to notice.  I think even Rev's aware of it and you know how oblivious he is to those kinds of things.  But what's any of this got to do with me?"

"I'm thinking that we should maybe nudge those two towards each other."

Harper frowned thoughtfully.  "That's not going to be easy.  Beka hasn't had the greatest luck with relationships.  I can't see her running headlong toward another one.  And doesn't Dylan have issues with propriety and protocol?  After all, I don't want to push Beka towards heartbreak."

Rommie rolled her eyes.  "I don't either.  Dylan's a great guy.  He'd never hurt her.  And I do think he'd throw out all the rules and regulations for her."

"All right then.  I'm game.  What do we do?"
********************************************************************************Harper enlisted Trance's help.  When he told her what he and Rommie had in mind she was enchanted.  "Yes, I'll do what I can.  This will be so perfect."

In the meantime, Harper and Rommie would take care of their respective assignments-Rommie-Dylan and Harper-Beka.  The plans were underway.
********************************************************************************Holo-Rommie popped up in Dylan's office.  "Something the matter?"  Dylan looked up from his work.

"No, I just wanted to show my appreciation of you as a captain by inviting you to dinner on the Obs Deck tonight.  Seven o'clock."

Dylan smiled.  "That's not necessary."

"I know but I'd really like it if you would come.  I'll prepare a nice dinner."

"But Andromeda, you don't eat."

"I know.  I'll just keep you company.  Please."

"All right.  You talked me into it."

"Wonderful."  She blinked out and reappeared in Engineering.  "I've done my part.  I've got Dylan committed.  It's your turn now.  You've got to get Beka to go.  I made it for seven o'clock."

"All right, Rom-Doll.  I'm on my way."  He left and headed for Command, where Beka was on duty.  "Hey, boss, what's shaking?"

"Not much.  It's pretty quiet and boring for once."

"Great!  Then it's a perfect opportunity."

"For what?"  She was looking at him suspiciously.

"For me to invite you to dinner."

Beka rolled her eyes.  "Is this another come on, Harper?  Please don't make me kill you."

"No, no!  Look, I just want to do something nice for you."  That was true.  It didn't matter that he had something totally different in mind from what he was saying.  "I just want you to have dinner on the Obs Deck tonight with me.  Seven o'clock.  It would be totally innocent."

"Really?"  She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes.  Look, just come.  What can it hurt?  If I misbehave you can even throw me out and have dinner by yourself.  Come on, Beka."

"All right, all right.  I'll come.  Now get out of here.  You're starting to annoy me."

"Only just starting.  I'm slipping."

"You!"

"See you later."  As Harper left he reflected that Rommie had probably had an easier time with Dylan than he'd had with Beka.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users