#101 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 25 August 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

View Postgsmonks, on 25 August 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

That's baloney, Yadda. Those are the areas society in general is brainwashed into thinking are tenets of free speech.

As I said before, you can't be a proponent of genuine equality in North American society, because that would involve levelling the playing-field, dividing the wealth fairly and equally. Your mind probably won't go there because like most people, you're brainwashed to prevent you from going there.

Like trained dogs, we're all conditioned to recoil from ideas that would lead to genuine freedom and genuine equality. We're so well-trained that we don't even notice that we're well-trained.

For example, corporations are non-democratic. They are, in the truest sense, feudal fiefs. Try walking into an office tower if you doubt this. If you're not "the right kind of person", you won't make it past the security desk. The democratic world ends at the doorstep of corporate America.

We're trained to not question or care that the money-makers in North America don't produce anything. They're lining their pockets with cash through a self-involved system they've concocted for no one but themselves that generates mountains of cash out of thin air.

It probably doesn't occur to anyone here to get off their duffs and do something about it. Corporate America is the embodiment of an outrageous crime, and everyone is a trained cur who barks and yaps about pointless talking-points such as "copyright, libel, and slander laws". All of this nonsense we do talk about is a digression from the things that are of real importance. The same people who will waste energy arguing about such things won't lift a finger or even turn their minds to fixing the real problems, or even addressing them.

Libel, copyright, and slander, do not matter. Not when corporate creeps are literally stuffing their pockets with cash, got via weaselly legerdemain, while the rest of the country is stressed to the limit working two jobs and trying not to fall behind.

Thank you for pointing out these truths. Rest assured that not only am I aware of my current state of brainwashing, I am more than satisfied and happy to be so sparkly clean. And you should be too, ungrateful anti-corporate wretch. I may sue you for libel if I can find you liable.

Why, you! If it wasn't for this bum knee,  I'd . . . :)

In all seriousness, I can't see that much of anything matters when these weasels diddling the markets have racked up IOU's equal to 20 times the world's GDP. The last time they wrecked the economy, it stood at a mere 3/4 of the US GDP. Someone, at some point, is going to call in all the markers. The US government (the American people) covered their debt after the Sub-Prime fiasco. This time around, there isn't enough money in all the world that can fill the hole they dug.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#102 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

That's why they make printing presses and cut down forests. To print all the money they need.

Edited by yadda yadda, 25 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#103 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

You mean like the Depression in Germany after WWI, when Germany's economy was being crushed with reparations, and you needed a wheelbarrow-load of currency to buy a loaf of bread? Because that's where we're headed.

http://www.npr.org/s...any-cant-forget

#104 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Wheelbarrows aren't that hard to handle. George Costanza on Seinfeld popularized the overstuffed wallet look. The next step up is a fashion wheelbarrow for carrying currency. A nice tri-fold leather-sided fold up wheelbarrow or a Hermes or Coach type fashion wheelbarrow purse/bag to accessorize the ladies sounds like a great idea for our inflationary times ahead.

#105 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Never watched Seinfeld. Couldn't stand that show.

The only thing that will have value is land, and most people these days are renters.

Edited by gsmonks, 25 August 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#106 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Here's how derivatives work:

#107 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Here's what's coming:

#108 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

What does this have to do with Trump supporters?

Everything. Of all the demographics involved, by virtue of being poor, they will, for the most part, escape the coming Derivatives collapse.

Trump knows this.

#109 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 25 August 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

You're missing the point entirely.

Nope, I got the point, so did yadda. It was a simple point.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#110 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

View PostElara, on 25 August 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

View Postgsmonks, on 25 August 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

You're missing the point entirely.

Nope, I got the point, so did yadda. It was a simple point.

Are you saying my head comes to a simple point?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users