White Supremacist rally turns violent

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Omega

Omega

Nous sommes tous Franšais

• 3,985 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

And now the usual suspects are saying Trump did condemn this group of murderous anti-americans. When his only comment on the matter has been that they're equivalent to the people protesting them.

#22 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostOmega, on 13 August 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

And now the usual suspects are saying Trump did condemn this group of murderous anti-americans. When his only comment on the matter has been that they're equivalent to the people protesting them.

A cabal of liars enabling a liar-in-chief.

#23 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

it should be interesting if the driver invokes the "reasoning" that has been espoused here on EI that perhaps he or she and the car's passengers felt blocked, kidnapped, and in fear for their lives by the crowd and considered accelerating through or over the protesters in the street the only option available.

I saw the video of the crash. What this driver did is nothing like what I was talking about. He deliberately plowed into them. I also specifically said I would slow my car down so as not to kill protesters on impact. But I'm also not going to be held hostage by protesters.

I also find it interesting that everyone is blaming the white supremacist groups,  and not the equally racist black lives matter group that was also involved. I'm Not sure which group started violence,  but like it or not white supremacists also have first amendment rights.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#24 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,772 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 August 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I also find it interesting that everyone is blaming the white supremacist groups,  and not the equally racist black lives matter group that was also involved. I'm Not sure which group started violence,  but like it or not white supremacists also have first amendment rights.

When was the last time BLM burned a cross on your lawn?  When was the last time BLM dragged white men out of their homes and hung them on the nearest tree?  When was the last time a white man was forced to go to the back of the bus?  When was the last time a white man was stopped for a stop and frisk?  When was the last time BLM held a rally to preach hate for white people?  Or spread propaganda calling white people "less than human" or "apes"?  When was the last time BLM did anything but state that their lives matter under the US Constitution because their lives morally and ethically DO matter?

Take this false equivalency your side is preaching and stick it wherever it will fit LotS.  White Supremacy groups have a long history of violence and murder.  DO NOT come to this board and preach anything different.  These groups are not the same, and to pretend they are is to condone and tacitly support racism at its worst.  Step put of your Fox News bubble and join the human race for God's sake.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#25 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostCait, on 14 August 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

When was the last time BLM burned a cross on your lawn?  When was the last time BLM dragged white men out of their homes and hung them on the nearest tree?  When was the last time a white man was forced to go to the back of the bus?  When was the last time a white man was stopped for a stop and frisk?  When was the last time BLM held a rally to preach hate for white people?  Or spread propaganda calling white people "less than human" or "apes"?  When was the last time BLM did anything but state that their lives matter under the US Constitution because their lives morally and ethically DO matter?

Take this false equivalency your side is preaching and stick it wherever it will fit LotS.  White Supremacy groups have a long history of violence and murder.  DO NOT come to this board and preach anything different.  These groups are not the same, and to pretend they are is to condone and tacitly support racism at its worst.  Step put of your Fox News bubble and join the human race for God's sake.

Hate groups are equal, they all preach hate. BLM rallies are all about hating white people.  So much so that politicians are forced to apologize for saying "ALL lives matter ".

And like it or not white supremacist groups have first amendment rights. They had permits for the rally, did BOM and the left fascist groups have permits for a rally?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#26 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,772 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 August 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hate groups are equal, they all preach hate. BLM rallies are all about hating white people.  So much so that politicians are forced to apologize for saying "ALL lives matter ".

BLM is NOT a hate group you idiot.  If you think so you miss the point entirely, and are on the side of racism in this country.

And like it or not white supremacist groups have first amendment rights. They had permits for the rally, did BOM and the left fascist groups have permits for a rally?

Free speech has its limits, and one of them includes inciting riots. Riots that end in murder and violence.

Like I said step out of you Fox News noise bubble and join the human race.  The KKK et.al. have no resemblance to BLM, and people who think they are the same are bigots and racists.  Re-read all the questions I asked you LotS.  RE-READ it.

When was the last time BLM hung a white man for looking at a black woman?  Just looking?  When was the last time you saw a cross burning on a white man's front lawn?

Stop equating groups organizing to fight oppression with hating whites for crying out loud.

Nevermind... you are so lost, I can't even anymore..

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#27 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 August 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

it should be interesting if the driver invokes the "reasoning" that has been espoused here on EI that perhaps he or she and the car's passengers felt blocked, kidnapped, and in fear for their lives by the crowd and considered accelerating through or over the protesters in the street the only option available.

I saw the video of the crash. What this driver did is nothing like what I was talking about. He deliberately plowed into them. I also specifically said I would slow my car down so as not to kill protesters on impact. But I'm also not going to be held hostage by protesters.

I'm not going to waste my time researching through all your past hate posts, but I clearly recall you saying something to the effect that you'd drive through a crowd of protesters like they weren't even there.

And I find it interesting that you find it interesting that "everyone is blaming the white supremacist groups, and not the equally racist black lives matter group..." So who did BLM drive a car over, killing one and horribly injuring 19? Is that just white supremacists and nazis exercising their 1st Amendment right, attacking and killing like ISIS scumbags? Where is that ok in the 1st Amendment?

Edited by yadda yadda, 14 August 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#28 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

When was the last time a black man advocated that the black race was superior and tried to commit mass murder of white people? Because that's what happened here. To say all groups are equal when only one is out there committing purposeful acts of murder and terrorism is a lie.

#29 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

One group hates non-white people (and probably non - christian / - cis / - hetero / - male too).
White Supremacists think white people are superior (that line of thinking goes no where good…).
White Nationalists want a nation without non-white people in it.

Anti-the above, they want a nation without pernicious racism and prejudice.

How is that even comparable?
One group hates and/or devalues the humanity of non-white people.
The other group hates racism/prejudice.
Yeah, I guess anti-racism/prejudice groups *are* hate groups…. /sarcasm.

Even if I were to agree with you, that "all sides" preach hate against a group of people (which I don't), preaching hate and acting on that hate are two different things. As Cait pointed with helpful examples they are *no where* near the same league, they are in different universes. Not even parallel universes, more like perpendicular universes.

Edited by sierraleone, 14 August 2017 - 04:57 PM.

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#30 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

So, one group wants the other race to stop existing, and the other group wants the other race to stop hating.  One wants death and violence, while the other merely wants to change people's minds, such as how they think, and how they treat others.

Among the things I posted yesterday, there was a link to a twitter thread that I said was an interesting read.  I will post it again, as it is more like an essay in 20 tweets.  It says very well what some here are trying to get across:  Read this.

edit:  And did you just call the left fascists?!?  :oh:  For protesting against self-proclaimed Nazis? :o

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 August 2017 - 05:02 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#31 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 August 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

So, one group wants the other race to stop existing, and the other group wants the other race to stop hating.  One wants death and violence, while the other merely wants to change people's minds, such as how they think, and how they treat others.

You exaggerate! Non-whites don't have to stop *existing*. Just to stop existing within whites' presence is all! So whites-supremacists can *pretend* they don't exist.

Apartheid worked so well for South Africa right? Nothing like segregation in the U.S….
Alternatively non-whites can just all go back where their ancestors came from right? (pssst, still need a, say, final solution, for the American indigenous… None of the previous ones worked out...). ...
Alternatively the whites' government could, you know, concentrate or intern non-whites in, you know, camps? Away from white people? ...
Whites won't need to use, or resort to, any threats or violence or force to bring about any of the above right? And it won't be complicated (multi-ethnic persons/families/groups, like latinos/metis/etc) and inhumane right?

/sarcasm

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 August 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Among the things I posted yesterday, there was a link to a twitter thread that I said was an interesting read.  I will post it again, as it is more like an essay in 20 tweets.  It says very well what some here are trying to get across:  Read this.

SFG

:thumbs-up:

Edited by sierraleone, 14 August 2017 - 09:12 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#32 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,281 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 13 August 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

We have had so many chances to get it right in this country.  We have to find a way to do better.
This is the truest thing I've read all weekend.  We almost had it a few years ago, but people managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And they keep hitting the snooze button on the wake-up calls.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#33 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Yupper.

What irks me more than anything right now is the "moderate" Republicans interviewed who, like Trump, won't call out the White Supremacists, but keep at it with the false-equivalence meme and blaming the victims and the anti-White-Supremacist protesters.

It's clear, at least to me, by omission, that they're racists, fascists, and bigots themselves. Not that we didn't know this about the GOP long before, but this is the most overt I've ever seen it in my lifetime.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#34 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should be legal to bitch-slap any politician who tries to get away with spewing smarmy memes and/or attempting to misdirect the public.

There would be a whole lot o' bitch-slappin' . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#35 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

I assume most of you have read, saw, or heard, that Trump was forced today to call racism evil, and the Neo-Nazis/KKK/white nationalists/etc bad.

Well, it appears he basically had to call takes-backies. Not in word of course, but action. He heard his base growling and decided they needed some red-meat thrown their way….

Trump says he's considering pardon for Joe Arpaio.

Edited by sierraleone, 14 August 2017 - 08:53 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#36 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Sci-Fi Girl said:

SFG

Only that's not what BLM wants. They want dead cops, and they want them now. They want the pigs in a blanket to fry like bacon. They also like beating and car jacking Trump supporters in Chicago. I'm on my phone, otherwise I would post links.

As for who BLM have murdered, so far I haven't found any...although that's not surprising since the anti Trump fake news media would never report the story of a BLM killing a white person. That story doesn't fit their ideological politics.

#37 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

^ Flat out lies, every word of it.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#38 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 August 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

^ Flat out lies, every word of it.

SFG

Google it if you don't believe me.  Every word is true, even though it doesn't fit your racist anti Trump world view.

#39 Omega

Omega

• 3,985 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

^You have no standards of evidence. You are the property of your masters. Why do you even bother pretending to be otherwise?

#40 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 August 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

the anti Trump fake news media

Just wondering if you are aware of all the implications behind the words and phrases that you hear and repeat.

When I hear this particular phrase I am reminded of a common conspiracy among hate groups claiming that Jews control the media, as some sort of world domination plot or something.  The implication being that the news is made up of lies that serve some insidious agenda by Jewish people.  This claim was repeated on signs at saturday's ... event, along with all the rest of the hateful signs: "the Jewish media is going down".

There are other words that have coded meaning in them.  To quote wikipedia:

The phrase "you will not replace us" has been reported by the Anti-Defamation League to "reflect the white supremacist world view that... the white race is doomed to extinction by an alleged 'rising tide of color' purportedly controlled and manipulated by Jews".

I am Jewish, and I can promise you, I am not secretly plotting to eliminate white people, or anyone else.  (How would that even make any sense?  Most Jewish people are white!  But I suppose those hate groups see it differently.)  (Edit: It is a bit more complicated than that.  For my own perspective, I consider myself white, but also of an ethnic group that has been discriminated against for ... well, forever.  Which feels like a contradiction.  I guess it's a weird and complicated question, and it is also completely beside the point.)

Anyway, I don't believe that you intended any of those meanings when you posted.  But whenever someone repeats one of those phrases, I am reminded of all of the hateful lies that are behind those words, and it is hard not to take it personally.

Just something you can hopefully add to your perspective, when you take things in and evaluate them at face value.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 August 2017 - 11:51 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users