Dark Matter 3-11, pic 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 8 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 12 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 13 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpg

One of the Android's newly discovered memories leads the crew to a suspicious Dwarf Star facility on Nova 17.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

This picture is just begging to be captioned!  :lol:

Dark Matter 3-11, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpg

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

Well, holy crap!  :fallover:

I know I haven't been reviewing, because I keep having too much to say and not knowing where to start.  But this episode was filled with holy crap!  :eek:

It started out mysterious, and then funny.  (Android enjoys saying "boobs", and won't stop! :howling: )

But then came one holy crap(!) after another!!  :eek3:

And did I totally forget something?  When was Three taken over by black goo before and then cured?  Was that in a past episode?  Why can't I remember?!?!?  :freakoutnonny:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,058 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 12 August 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Well, holy crap!  :fallover:

I know I haven't been reviewing, because I keep having too much to say and not knowing where to start.  But this episode was filled with holy crap!  :eek:

It started out mysterious, and then funny.  (Android enjoys saying "boobs", and won't stop! :howling: )

But then came one holy crap(!) after another!!  :eek3:

And did I totally forget something?  When was Three taken over by black goo before and then cured?  Was that in a past episode?  Why can't I remember?!?!?  :freakoutnonny:

SFG

Thank you!  I have just got caught up to date with this show and I couldn't figure out what had happened to 3.  I thought maybe I hadn't been paying attention and missed something. :lol:

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Missing memories?  Oh no!  The show is happening to us!  :o  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

^^  Well, you used to be Five, but you changed your avatar.  :lol:

I do remember Three getting taken over by the Black Goo. It was at the end of an episode and I remember commenting that it seemed totally out of left field.  Apparently they were laying the seeds.  I'll see if I can find it.

Anyway, that was quite a good episode.  So it was these extradimensional aliens who had propped up Wil Wheaton with advanced technology-- it doesn't bode well for him that he went missing. Apparently the aliens didn't need him anymore. I would imagine that the nuke put an end to the portal, but those aliens could have survived-- trapped on the planet for now, but who knows what future plots may bring?  And aren't there a bunch of other enhanced clones running around?  Do they have aliens in them, or were they just working for them?

That was a nice little last-minute save for Two. Alt-Boone being her rescuer would never have occurred to me. I wonder how he knew she would be there and how he got there without anyone knowing it.

Android cracks me up. I'm glad she's learned to love her boobs.  :lol:

The crew of the military ship was portrayed well.  The captain was reasonable and the doctor was a nice little character study of someone completely out of his depth, but who found the courage to make the ultimate sacrifice, whether or not it was the right choice. And that soldier, who ended up being the last survivor of his troop, managed to be very sympathetic with only a couple of scenes.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Well, it was this episode. I call it his "brain infestation problem."  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Well, it was this episode. I call it his "brain infestation problem."  :lol:

I remember that episode but I don't remember the alien brain infestation problem at all. I was so confused the entire episode.

Not sure if I like the idea of aliens invading using simulant bodies but it came out of nowhere and probably won't be referenced for a good while if other plots are anything to go by. It just seems like one more thing for the crew to deal with.

The Android saying boobs was hilarious. She cracks me up. I guess so far no one is using her name of Suki.

And aren't there a bunch of other enhanced clones running around?  Do they have aliens in them, or were they just working for them?

Pretty sure there are. I'm guessing they have aliens in them since the soldier's eyes went black and I think that means she has an alien in her.

The crew of the military ship was portrayed well.  The captain was reasonable and the doctor was a nice little character study of someone completely out of his depth, but who found the courage to make the ultimate sacrifice, whether or not it was the right choice. And that soldier, who ended up being the last survivor of his troop, managed to be very sympathetic with only a couple of scenes.

Yeah, they came across pretty well though that isn't too surprising because isn't Mikkei the corporation that the Raza crew has had the most dealings with? You'd think all Mikkei ships would be told to treat the Raza crew with kid gloves.

That was a nice little last-minute save for Two. Alt-Boone being her rescuer would never have occurred to me. I wonder how he knew she would be there and how he got there without anyone knowing it.

I also want to know how Alt-Boone showed up there and bypassed both the Raza ship and Mikkei ship. I do hope they wrap up the alternates pretty soon. They're compelling but they didn't bring Corso with them and they're just becoming a nuisance at this point.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 13 August 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

I remember that episode but I don't remember the alien brain infestation problem at all.

Probably because it was rather clumsily tacked onto an episode that otherwise had nothing to do with it. These writers aren't very deft at pacing their story arcs. They'll plant a seed and then wait so long to pay it off that the audience forgets about it. It doesn't help if the planting is done in a way that seems so gratuitous to the episode it's in that it barely registers.

Not sure if I like the idea of aliens invading using simulant bodies but it came out of nowhere and probably won't be referenced for a good while if other plots are anything to go by. It just seems like one more thing for the crew to deal with.

They're piling on too much at once. We've already got the corporate war and the Zairon conflict, not to mention the alternate doppelgangers who are still out there and the android rebellion that was just set up, and now they throw in this whole big thing about an impending alien invasion. It feels too cluttered. Plus, I'm worried they'll use the threat of the aliens as an excuse to end the corporate war and patch things up with Ryo, just conveniently brushing away the factors behind those conflicts because of a common enemy rather than actually finding a way to resolve them.

Yeah, they came across pretty well though that isn't too surprising because isn't Mikkei the corporation that the Raza crew has had the most dealings with? You'd think all Mikkei ships would be told to treat the Raza crew with kid gloves.

Right, otherwise they would've been much more hostile.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 13 August 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

I remember that episode but I don't remember the alien brain infestation problem at all. I was so confused the entire episode.  
I thought I had written more about it, but now all I really remember is that it seemed pretty arbitrary.

Pretty sure there are. I'm guessing they have aliens in them since the soldier's eyes went black and I think that means she has an alien in her.  
I did notice the soldier's eyes, but I'm just not sure if enough aliens have gotten through to populate all those simulants.

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Probably because it was rather clumsily tacked onto an episode that otherwise had nothing to do with it. These writers aren't very deft at pacing their story arcs. They'll plant a seed and then wait so long to pay it off that the audience forgets about it. It doesn't help if the planting is done in a way that seems so gratuitous to the episode it's in that it barely registers.

Agreed. If the show gets renewed than I am definitely going to binge-watch the seasons before the new one airs so I can be more up to date on everything that is going on. The show just has too many balls up in the air.

I did notice the soldier's eyes, but I'm just not sure if enough aliens have gotten through to populate all those simulants.

I don't know know. I just figured the eyes meant that they were possessed by an alien.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users