Dark Matter 3-12, pic 3 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 4 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 6 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 7 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 8 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 9 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 11 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 3-12, pic 13 - 1500 px.jpg

Ryo invites his former crew to Zairon in a final attempt to secure the Blink Drive and his victory over Pyr.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Oh, man. Three let himself be killed so that he wouldn't know he caused Sarah's death.  :(

Well, this was quite an eventful episode. I didn't expect Ryo's government to collapse so quickly or for him to end up back on the Raza. And I was right about Misaki being the one behind all the attempted assassinations-- not that that was such a brilliant deduction-- and I was happy to see and her bad acting killed, but I'm a little worried that she was still twitching at the end. If she survives, I'll be bummed.  I'd much rather them eventually get a transmission from Zairon saying that Teku is in charge.  And I wonder how the fall of Ryo's government will affect the war-- I also wonder if all that civil unrest was real or if Misaki as just feeding propaganda to Ryo.

In any case, that cliffhanger wasn't much of a cliffhanger since they showed Ryo alive in the previews.

And... anthroparchy.  :laughtears:  Looks like Android's new upgrade has some extra features-- like a built-in hologram that tells her she's probably getting in over her head with the Android Rebellion.  She'd rather teach humanity that androids are conscious beings, but it looks like she's up against the Android Antifa. Which side will she choose?

And now Two has a daughter. We can add her to Five's sister and Six's family on the list of things we probably won't get to this year, because there's only one episode to go in the season.  There's either too many plots or not enough episodes.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

That was a pretty packed episode. I didn't expect the fall of the House of Ishida to happen so quickly or so anti-climatically. Like you RJ, I thought it was obvious Misaka was behind the attempts on Ryo's life. Like she said, she was loyal to the Crown and not Ryo. When she thought he was the best leader she backed him. When he kept screwing up, she turned against him.

If she survives, I'll be bummed.

I'm pretty sure she's dead, since her blade was coated in poison (presumably the same poison she used to kill Nyx). I really don't see any reason for them to keep her character alive.

Oh, man. Three let himself be killed so that he wouldn't know he caused Sarah's death.  :(

That was heartbreaking. I can't say I blame him for not wanting to remember.

In any case, that cliffhanger wasn't much of a cliffhanger since they showed Ryo alive in the previews.

I didn't see the preview but I didn't think they would kill him. Their cast is pretty small as is and they keep getting rid of characters that are likeable.

And... anthroparchy.  :laughtears:  Looks like Android's new upgrade has some extra features-- like a built-in hologram that tells her she's probably getting in over her head with the Android Rebellion.  She'd rather teach humanity that androids are conscious beings, but it looks like she's up against the Android Antifa. Which side will she choose?

Yeah, the Android is getting in over her head. The Android Rebellion is probably right that most humans don't treat their androids like the crew of the Raza do but my guess is the Android's approach would probably be better in the long run. I wonder where her loyalties will ultimately lie.

And now Two has a daughter. We can add her to Five's sister and Six's family on the list of things we probably won't get to this year, because there's only one episode to go in the season.  There's either too many plots or not enough episodes.

I just sighed when I heard that. The show just keeps adding plots without really resolving any. Sure, they finally ended the threat of Ryo and his empire but I'm sure there will be fallout over that. Then there's the plots you mentioned, plus the corporate war, plus the Android Rebellion, plus the alternate universe Raza crew, plus the invasion by aliens and their simulant host bodies, plus whatever the Black Ships clue is about. Then there's plot threads that will probably never get resolved like what was going on at One's company and who really murdered his wife.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

At least they got back to Five's sister, if only briefly. I thought we wouldn't hear of her until some time next season. It seemed as though Five recognized the photo.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,875 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

What other female characters has Five met since her memory loss that could be the right age to be her sister? It can't be Two or the Android, obviously. Commander Truffault is too old. Tash? She's dead, although I think her parallel-reality version is still around.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

^ Here is the exact dialog about the picture of the sister:

Ryo: You found out and reached out to her.
Ryo: She visited the space station, intending to meet with you, but never got the chance.
Five: Because I had to escape after TJ and the others were killed.
Ryo: When you sent the invitation, how were you to know?
Five: What are you talking about?
Ryo: Here's a photo of your sister with her adoptive family.
Five: No.

Note he specified "with her adoptive family".  Maybe Five recognized someone in the wealthy family.  Maybe an enemy from a corporation?

Also that line about: "When you sent the invitation, how were you to know?"  Is that implying that the sister or her family had something to do with Five's friends getting killed?  What about the lady who wanted to get the blink drive back, could she be the adoptive mother?

SFG

Quote from transcript.
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 20 August 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

That was a pretty packed episode. I didn't expect the fall of the House of Ishida to happen so quickly or so anti-climatically.
Yes, it was definitely anticlimactic and I meant to mention that. Especially with Teku just sort of disappearing. Hopefully something will happen in the finale to tie it all up.

I'm pretty sure she's dead, since her blade was coated in poison (presumably the same poison she used to kill Nyx). I really don't see any reason for them to keep her character alive.
That's true about the poison, but something occurred to me later. The android hologram said something along the lines of "it has already begun," and it occurred to me that Misaka might be an android-- she'd have to be a ringer, of course, since she was Ryo's childhood friend, but they've now established that a human mind can be downloaded to an android.

Yeah, the Android is getting in over her head. The Android Rebellion is probably right that most humans don't treat their androids like the crew of the Raza do but my guess is the Android's approach would probably be better in the long run. I wonder where her loyalties will ultimately lie.  
I'm kind of hoping she becomes the Gandhi of androids and makes peace between them and humans.

I just sighed when I heard that. The show just keeps adding plots without really resolving any. Sure, they finally ended the threat of Ryo and his empire but I'm sure there will be fallout over that. Then there's the plots you mentioned, plus the corporate war, plus the Android Rebellion, plus the alternate universe Raza crew, plus the invasion by aliens and their simulant host bodies, plus whatever the Black Ships clue is about. Then there's plot threads that will probably never get resolved like what was going on at One's company and who really murdered his wife.  
Not to mention Adrian and Solara, because there was a little hint of romance between Adrian and Five.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

Oops.

Edited by RJDiogenes, 28 August 2017 - 05:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users