Can't sign in from computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,617 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

I went to check EI on my home computer,  and for some reason I was signed out. I usually keep myself signed in. So I go to sign in, type my username and password,  click sign in, and get error message saying no username shown. What gives?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,589 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

I can only suggest clearing your browser cache and Ex Isle cookies.

I haven't  changed anything on this end.

That error message *sounds* like maybe your browser's auto-fill of your name didn't go through, but I can't imagine why that would  happen, and the above steps should fix it.

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,617 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

I tried that. It was first thing I did. It's weird though, to get to sign in screen I have to right click it, then open it in new tab. Just clicking on the link does nothing.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,617 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

Alright then, nevermind apparently. I tried using different browser and it let me in. Apparently EI doesn't like Torch browser.

Thanks for trying, Orph.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 21 August 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#5 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Thank goodness you got it fixed. It isn't EI without LotS around ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users