2017/2018 Season: Who's Taking What?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

OK, given that Amazon Prime is premiering The Tick this Friday, August 25; and Fox is set to premier The Orville on Sunday, September 10, at 8pm, perhaps now would be a good time to decide who will start the discussions on this upcoming season’s shows.

I’m more than willing to cover the above two, along with Marvel’s Inhumans, premiering on ABC on Friday, September 29, at 9pm.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

There's another space show coming on CBS All Access next month-- Space Tracks or something-- I can do that if nobody else wants it.

What else is coming up?  Sci-Fi Girl will probably want to stick with Once Upon A Time, Farscape will definitely want Supernatural.  I can do Z Nation when it comes back. Evil Dead will probably be back in October.  What else?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

I will most certainly take SUPERNATURAL and STAR TREK:  DISCOVERY.

I will also take AMERICAN HORROR STORY STORY, as usual.

I thought about doing THE ORVILLE, but G-man already volunteered, so that's cool.

I can take ASH VS. EVIL DEAD, as well.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 22 August 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

I don't keep up well enough to commit to threads, but here's a hitlist of some genre-y stuff not mentioned yet, for reference:

Gotham
Supergirl/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Arrow
The Good Place
Fear the Walking Dead
Walking Dead
The Gifted
Dirk Gently
Outlander
Lucifer

Of these, I'm really looking forward to Dirk Gently and The Good Place, will watch Flash, Legends, and Walking Dead (but not Fear...), and I think I'm planning to check out The Gifted - not a huge X-men fan, but as ensemble super-hero shows go, the Comic Con trailer for that one caught my interest more than the Inhumans have  (plus, Amy Acker).

Of stuff already mentioned, The Orrville and Supernatural are both on my watch list.  I really wish the trailers for Star Tracks ( *grin* ) were more immediately engaging.  I'll watch the free episode, of course, but I'm honestly not sure if I want to commit to paying for more if it doesn't wow me.

I hadn't realized that Agents of SHIELD isn't coming back until winter.  Boo. :(
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

That likely means AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is ending after this season... it will hit 110 episodes, and this is a way to have a mostly straight run of the 5th season.

I am happy, and honestly surprised, we got this much.  I think it can go on a few more years, with the constant awesomeness each subsequent year brings.

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Time for fall already!?!?  Ahhh!!!  I'm not ready! :eek4: :crazy:

I have no idea when things start, or schedules or anything!  I probably shouldn't commit to too much.  Yes, I will definitely do Once Upon a Time. (The next generation? ;))  We will see where that goes.  What else?  Oh, I usually do Legends of Tomorrow, so I will do that.  (Not sure where that is going this season, but we'll see on that too.)

What about Mr Robot?  Does somebody want to take that?  Should that have episode threads, or one thread for the season?

Yay Dirk Gently!! :D  When does that start?  And when is season two of Travelers?  And of Legion?  Or are those both later?  Anybody got a schedule of premier dates handy?  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,586 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

I can do Mr. Robot. I would have done Discovery but see that it's taken.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#8 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 22 August 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yay Dirk Gently!! :D  When does that start?  And when is season two of Travelers?  And of Legion?  Or are those both later?  Anybody got a schedule of premier dates handy?  :)

Dirk Gently is October 14. (Just got an air date in the last day or so, I was so happy. :) )

Pretty sure Legion was a back half of the season last year?

And, oh, you reminded me that I really wanted to get around to checking out Travelers.  (Aargh... peak tv is killing me :) )  Google says Season 2 starts in Canada on October 16.  Not sure how the Netflix availability will work for it.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

Here’s what I’ve found so far, though I doubt that this list is complete:

AUGUST:

Friday – August 25 -- The Tick -- Amazon Prime

SEPTEMBER:

Tuesday – Sept 5 --    10pm --   American Horror Story: Cult -- FX

Sunday – Sept 10 --    8pm -- The Orville  --   FOX
Sunday – Sept 10 --    8pm -- Outlander  --   Starz
Sunday – Sept 10 --    9pm -- Fear The Walking Dead -- AMC

Thursday – Sept 21 -- 8pm -- Gotham --   FOX

Sunday – Sept 24 --    8:30pm --    Star Trek Discovery --   CBS

Thursday – Sept 28 -- 8:30pm --    The Good Place -- NBC

Friday – Sept 29 -- 9pm --    Marvel’s Inhumans --    ABC

OCTOBER:

Monday – Oct 2 -- 8pm -- Lucifer --    FOX

Friday – Oct 6 -- 8pm -- Once Upon A Time --    ABC

Monday – Oct 9 -- 8pm -- Supergirl -- CW

Tuesday – Oct 10 --    8pm -- Flash --   CW
Tuesday – Oct 10 --    9pm -- Legends of Tomorrow --    CW

Thursday – Oct 12 -- 8pm -- Supernatural --   CW
Thursday – Oct 12 -- 9pm -- Arrow -- CW

Sunday – Oct 22 -- 9pm -- The Walking Dead --    AMC

I hope this helps.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 23 August 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#10 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

I will be student teaching this semester so I don't know how much time I will have.

I'll try to start threads for Supergirl, The Flash, and Arrow like I did last season.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

I can take both of the Walking Dead shows, of course. And Z Nation.  Have Zombie, Will Travel, that's me.

I don't see anything else yet that I'll be watching that hasn't been taken.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,586 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

I don't think Legion will be back till 2018 but I'm glad to take it and 12 Monkeys when they show up.  A new show called The Crossing is coming up in 2018 also, people time traveling to escape persecution, and I'll do it unless someone else wants to claim it. Are people still interested in Designated Survivor?
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Speaking of time travel, I can also take the new season of Timeless, if Sci-Fi Girl is too busy. But that doesn't start until next year either.

#14 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

I don't know how this scheduling makes any sense.  Sometimes I have to go back and re-watch entire seasons over again because it's been so long in between, that I forget that I ever watched it.

I'm glad I have you guys & gals & this thread to help me out.  Thanks everyone.

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

I hate the way "seasons" are all messed up these days. I blame climate change.

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

LOL!  I decided to check out The Tick last night ... and watched all 6 episodes in a row!  :lol:  Lots of fun, and looking forward to more.  :cool:

Spoiler

SFG :hehe:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 26 August 2017 - 03:13 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Somehow I've never been able to work up an interest in the Tick, despite it being originally published by New England Comics-- which is right down the street from my house, and where I used to go on a monthly basis before the first Civil War destroyed my interest in contemporary comics.

#18 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Ben Edlund created THE TICK.  He's one of my favorite writers for SUPERNATURAL while he was on staff there from seasons 2-8.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 26 August 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#19 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

Wow, I didn't realize that he wrote for Supernatural.  That's very interesting.

#20 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

Has anyone seen Alan Tudyk's Kickstarted series, Con Man?

I just noticed that SyFy's airing all of its first season tonight...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users