Dark Matter Dark Matter: Season 3

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Sorry to see this show go, but have to agree with the criticisms that some of the storylines seemed a bit scrambled.

Of all the actors Meliisa O'Neil impressed me most.  If the long in development hell Honor Harrington movie, based on the works of David Weber, ever gets made, I think Melissa would be letter perfect for Honor.

#22 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

It would have been nice if they had at least okayed a shortened season or mini-series to wrap things up.

View PostCardie, on 01 September 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

I do wish people could tell SF stories on TV and in movies that weren't all about massive threats to all of humanity. More stuff like The Martian and Arrival, but on tv, please. Even ST: Discovery is looking a bit too gung-ho for me, although its arc should be more about peace-making than conquest.  
I couldn't agree more. I wish somebody (besides me) would write a Space Opera that didn't have to fall back on token space battles, token ray-gun battles, token forced character conflict, and token contrived character deaths-- but that is what the current audience wants (or so studios believe, anyway).
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#23 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Maybe we can petition Netflix for a short 4th season or a movie/miniseries to wrap things up.  Netflix and the like seem to be a last, best hope for revival these days.

Of course, doesn't hurt to do a SAVE DARK MATTER campaign to SyFy like so many of us did with FARSCAPE.

#24 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,626 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

^^^In fairness though, with FARSCAPE we got the word months before the official announcement, thus we had time to mount the protests before they had junked the sets.  And FARSCAPE was something extraordinary.

DARK MATTER, from all I've read in the comments, was OK, but everyone admits it had problems.  And given that we've gotten an announcement of it's cancellation, I'm thinking the window might've closed on trying to save it, if you could get the fan support.

OTOH, such a campaign might be what the show needs for renewal.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#25 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

In fairness, you are right absolutely right about FARSCAPE.  To be honest, that deserved a renewal more so than DARK MATTER.

I would just like to see the storylines resolved.  The characters were great, too.

#26 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Good thought about the petition.  I found three on change.org and this one has the most signatures.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#27 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

^ Yep, that petition had 16,000 signatures after only 2 days, and now it has 29,599!!  :clap:

There is an attempt to organize a coordinated fan campaign to save the show.  I am reading a lot of things, but I will try to collect the highlights for anyone who would like to help out.  I will probably start a new thread with the details.

Some of the obvious bits of info include:
  • It sounds like TPTB at SyFy are probably a lost cause, so it is an effort to find the show a new home, rather than a standard renewal.
  • Execs at other places have apparently "noticed" the massive fan response, and are considering something.  Keep it up!
  • Netflix may be the best bet, as they already have seasons 1 & 2 in their current catalog.
Things to do:
  • Sign the above petition!  It may be addressed to SyFy, but netflix and anyone else interested can still see it!  Here is the link again.  :)
  • If you have Netflix, watch episodes there!  Maybe only they know their viewer numbers, but they will be looking at those!
  • Contact Netflix directly to request that they produce seasons 4 & 5!  (I will update with their contact info.)
  • Edit: It also helps to tell Netflix that you would subscribe to their service if they pick up Dark Matter!
  • Same for anyone else you think might pick it up!  Amazon, Hulu, TNT, AMC, and so on!
  • When making direct requests:  frame it not as saving the show, but instead focus on the merits of the show, and what they will gain by acquiring it!
  • If you have twitter, tweet about Dark Matter, using hashtags!  They look at this specifically.  There is an effort to coordinate this so that fans can do the same thing at the same time, which makes a big difference apparently for twitter's algorithms.  I will report back with info on this.
I am seriously considering finally starting a twitter account, so I can help that way.  Any twitter advice?

SFG

edit: petition is now up to 29,643!!  :D

Edit 2: I forgot to add

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 06 September 2017 - 02:49 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#28 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

I can do most of those things.  Actually, Dark Matter on Netflix would probably get me to subscribe, since there's a couple of things on there already that I want to see.

#29 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

Can't believe I didn't post the link to my thread about the fan campaign here, but here it is!

Also, who has seen the Season 3 - Blooper Reel?

They do say "sorry" a lot, don't they!  :laughtears:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#30 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Those tweetstorms are sure clogging up my Twitter feed! But good luck with the campaign.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#31 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

^ Sowwy!  :look:

I hear there is a way to temporarily "mute" a person, or tweets with specific words, so they don't show up in your feed.  I'm not sure exactly how that works.  But you are welcome to mute the tag of the day, or even mute me until we get the renewal!  I will totally understand!

Thanks for wishing luck!  :)  Tonight will be the biggest night yet!  :woohoo:

I have been amazed at how wonderful the Dark Matter fandom is!  So passionate, so caring, so much like a family!!! :D I did invite fans on twitter to join here, and I noticed that one already has!

Oddly, I have my first official celebrity "follower", and it's ... Leland Orser.  No clue why!  :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 15 September 2017 - 02:47 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#32 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 15 September 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

They do say "sorry" a lot, don't they!  :laughtears:
They're very polite mercenaries.  :lol:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 15 September 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

^ Sowwy!  :look:
And so are you.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users