Don't touch that dial...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

This is weird. Over the past few months I've noticed an occasional Fox News Channel program popping up on the "series record" queue of my DVR. Nothing really horrible like Hannity or Fox and Friends, mostly shows I'd never heard of and wouldn't recognize as Fox programming until I checked them out a bit closer and saw FNC as I deleted them. This was strange but an infrequent enough occurrence to not motivate me enough to call Time Warner/Spectrum here in SoCal. It was easier just to grumble and delete the crap.

Also infrequently I noticed that my recorded programs in the queue, largely MSNBC shows like Rachel Maddow or All In with Chris Hayes, or once in awhile a prime time show would not record, and would actually be dropped from the "series record" queue and I'd have to restore my desired queue after missing those shows. But again, not often enough to consider it more than a glitch in the cable service.

This Sunday morning I woke up a bit late, about 8:30, a half hour after the start of all the network Sunday political shows...but no biggie since I record them all anyway and watch them one after the other until baseball or football come on later in the day. I checked the DVR and none of them, This Week on ABC, Meet the Press, or Face the Nation, had recorded. Neither had MSNBC's AM Joy or CNN's Jake Tapper State of the Union show. I thought maybe they had all been pre-empted by special hurricane coverage, but no, the shows were all still on...just not recording. Though they're all supposedly still in the queue for next Sunday.

But here's the kicker. Not only hadn't any of my shows recorded, there were now FIVE new Fox Channel political shows listed on my recording queue, America's Newsroom, The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton, Happening Now, Outnumbered, and something about some guy named Gutfeld. Has Spectrum/ Time Warner been hacked by Fox? Has the 45 administration or his FCC pulled an Outer Limits move and taken over the TV airwaves or the cable companies, Goebbels-style? These shows had little diamond star  insignias next to them which in Spectrum jargon stands for "do not delete".

I guess I'll put in a call to Spectrum customer service, asking why I evidently enjoy a mandatory Fox News package. "Steve" from New Delhi will probably advise me to unplug the unit and then plug it back in. Customer service calls to Time Warner / Spectrum on a Sunday afternoon. Definitely my favorite pastime.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users