Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Where's the Left's outrage?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

https://www.washingt...m=.019e6568e2a5

Where are the condemnations from the Left for the terrorist organization Antifa? Where are Pelosi, and Shummer? Why haven't they condemned the violence from Antifa? They were SO quick to condemn violence from the Alt Right and the KKK, but when it's their side that is doing the violence apparently it is A OKAY.

edited to add:

For that matter, where are the leaders from the Right also? Why hasn't Paul Ryan, or Mitch McConnell, condemned Antifa?

You want to know why some Conservative groups carry guns at their rallies? It's because they don't want to be victims of Antifa violence. They don't want their first amendment rights taken away by racist hate groups like Antifa or BLM.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 29 August 2017 - 08:02 AM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 gsmonks

gsmonks

    Tree Psychiatrist

  • Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

"Antifa" as such doesn't exist. It's an Alt-Right rectal spewism concocted for meme purposes.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 29 August 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

"Antifa" as such doesn't exist. It's an Alt-Right rectal spewism concocted for meme purposes.

It most certainly does exist. But I love how easily the Left just dismisses the VIDEO evidence of it's existence.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#4 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

I was waiting for you to get it right before I condemned it. The other day you called it Antigua and from what I understand that's a really nice place.

#5 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Since I'm not of the LEFT as you so commonly accuse most everybody on this board of being, I honestly don't give a crap about who or what they're condemning any more than I care what the RIGHT  is constantly squawking about. It's all so much meaningless ginned up noise, meant to sell angry books and radio air ad time. The other day I was going to weigh in by posting what I thought about the anarchists who showed up in Berkeley to chase around and beat up the 5 or so Trump supremacist nimrods who showed up to demonstrate their freedom of squawkiness.  But then I figure why deprive LoTS of the pleasure of posting his wholly like clockwork utterly predictable thread about "Where is the Left's outrage?"

LoTS, if your question was ever more than just a rhetorical shaming slap at people you consider your political enemies, you could actually do some research into what outrages the Left. You are the end product of Fox and their friends taking a big stew pot of generalized hatred and boiling it down and distilling it by day's end into a heady distilled elixir of pure unreasoning vitriol. Then they marinate you in it. You come out swinging and ranting for a group like BLM without any real understanding of what the people in it feel or have experienced or who and what they truly represent. Your brain has big red neon lights flashing in it, "racist hate group!" "Pigs in a blanket, frying like bacon!" because quite literally your mind has been manipulated, shaped and formed to the purposes of others.

As to your question this thread title poses, in other countless repetitive threads started by you I've asked you a question that you've never answered. Where is your outrage? We see you pulling this old chestnut out and posting it at least once a month. Why have we never seen you posting your outrage about the hundreds of innocent blacks getting shot in the back by police, or shot in the front, pretty much shot for doing just about anything? We never hear anything from you about that. But Antifa? You'd think they were freaking ISIS for all the attention you pay these irrelevant fringees. Where was your thread about outrage when the racist white boy gunned down 12 or 15 black churchgoers? Does your outrage take Sundays off? Where was your outrage thread when Philando Castile was shot and killed for no reason in front of his kid in the back seat? What racist hate group did these churchgoers or Mr. Castile belong to? Maybe your outrage filter needs to go into the shop for a tuneup, LoTS.

#6 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

https://www.washingt...m=.019e6568e2a5

Where are the condemnations from the Left for the terrorist organization Antifa? Where are Pelosi, and Shummer? Why haven't they condemned the violence from Antifa? They were SO quick to condemn violence from the Alt Right and the KKK, but when it's their side that is doing the violence apparently it is A OKAY.

edited to add:

For that matter, where are the leaders from the Right also? Why hasn't Paul Ryan, or Mitch McConnell, condemned Antifa?

You want to know why some Conservative groups carry guns at their rallies? It's because they don't want to be victims of Antifa violence. They don't want their first amendment rights taken away by racist hate groups like Antifa or BLM.

It's so revealing reading your last paragraph. You have "Conservative groups" carrying guns at their rallies. Because they don't want to be victims of ANTIFA violence. They (Conservative groups) don't want their first amendment rights taken away by " racist hate groups" like ANTIFA or BLM.

You have no problem identifying who you consider racist hate groups, Antifa and BLM. But the people you're defending for carrying guns (when nobody else is) are "Conservative groups" by your description. Why don't you identify these Conservative groups you're aligning with and speaking up for, LoTS? Like the ones at Charlottesville accompanied by armed militia men? Were they the 4-H Club, Young Republicans, or the RNC? Were Michael Steele or Reince Priebus out there screaming " Jews will not replace us!",  waving Nazi flags by torchlight? Fine regular everyday "Conservatives", huh? Are you embracing your Conservative (Heil!) brothers in this post, LoTS, or holding them away at arm's length by failing to reveal and identify the true nature of your Conservative friends? Antifa and BLM are racist hate groups, but your fine upstanding Conservanazis were just there with guns to preserve racial equality, peace, and understanding?

Edited by yadda yadda, 29 August 2017 - 02:03 PM.


#7 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

I was waiting for you to get it right before I condemned it. The other day you called it Antigua and from what I understand that's a really nice place.

That was auto-correct on my phone.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#8 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:


As to your question this thread title poses, in other countless repetitive threads started by you I've asked you a question that you've never answered. Where is your outrage? We see you pulling this old chestnut out and posting it at least once a month. Why have we never seen you posting your outrage about the hundreds of innocent blacks getting shot in the back by police, or shot in the front, pretty much shot for doing just about anything? We never hear anything from you about that. But Antifa? You'd think they were freaking ISIS for all the attention you pay these irrelevant fringees. Where was your thread about outrage when the racist white boy gunned down 12 or 15 black churchgoers? Does your outrage take Sundays off? Where was your outrage thread when Philando Castile was shot and killed for no reason in front of his kid in the back seat? What racist hate group did these churchgoers or Mr. Castile belong to? Maybe your outrage filter needs to go into the shop for a tuneup, LoTS.


Irrelevant fringes? Ask those assaulted how irrelevant Antifa is. No, they haven't beheaded anyone, like ISIS has. But give Antifa time, I'm sure they are working up to it.

Where was my outrage, for the murdered Church goers? It was there. I called out the racist for exactly what he was...a murdering racist. Did I jump on the "We must get rid of the Confederate Flag, going so far to even remove it from the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee? No, I didn't jump on that bandwagon. I'm afraid you, and those hypocrites on the Left, had that bandwagon all to yourselves. As for Castile, what happened was tragic. But there was no video, other then what his girlfriend took AFTER the shooting. It could've been a trigger happy racist cop, or it could've been that Castile didn't stop reaching for his carry permit, or it could've been something else entirely. We just don't know. Although I do find it highly interesting that right away you have assumed that the cop was the villain.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:


You have no problem identifying who you consider racist hate groups, Antifa and BLM. But the people you're defending for carrying guns (when nobody else is) are "Conservative groups" by your description. Why don't you identify these Conservative groups you're aligning with and speaking up for, LoTS? Like the ones at Charlottesville accompanied by armed militia men? Were they the 4-H Club, Young Republicans, or the RNC? Were Michael Steele or Reince Priebus out there screaming " Jews will not replace us!",  waving Nazi flags by torchlight? Fine regular everyday "Conservatives", huh? Are you embracing your Conservative (Heil!) brothers in this post, LoTS, or holding them away at arm's length by failing to reveal and identify the true nature of your Conservative friends? Antifa and BLM are racist hate groups, but your fine upstanding Conservanazis were just there with guns to preserve racial equality, peace, and understanding?

And once again you have combined two groups. The KKK, or white supremacist, and everyday Conservatives. Was the KKK, or Neo Nazis, at Berkley this Sunday? No. It was a Conservative group that the racist hate group Antifa targeted. Was in the regular Conservatives at Charlottesville? No, it was the KKK and neo Nazis. IMO, regular average Conservatives, despite what Trump claims, wouldn't have been at a KKK rally.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#10 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

I was waiting for you to get it right before I condemned it. The other day you called it Antigua and from what I understand that's a really nice place.

That was auto-correct on my phone.

I know...happened to me, too. Ask me about my outrage about auto- correct!  ;)

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:


As to your question this thread title poses, in other countless repetitive threads started by you I've asked you a question that you've never answered. Where is your outrage? We see you pulling this old chestnut out and posting it at least once a month. Why have we never seen you posting your outrage about the hundreds of innocent blacks getting shot in the back by police, or shot in the front, pretty much shot for doing just about anything? We never hear anything from you about that. But Antifa? You'd think they were freaking ISIS for all the attention you pay these irrelevant fringees. Where was your thread about outrage when the racist white boy gunned down 12 or 15 black churchgoers? Does your outrage take Sundays off? Where was your outrage thread when Philando Castile was shot and killed for no reason in front of his kid in the back seat? What racist hate group did these churchgoers or Mr. Castile belong to? Maybe your outrage filter needs to go into the shop for a tuneup, LoTS.


Irrelevant fringes? Ask those assaulted how irrelevant Antifa is. No, they haven't beheaded anyone, like ISIS has. But give Antifa time, I'm sure they are working up to it.

Where was my outrage, for the murdered Church goers? It was there. I called out the racist for exactly what he was...a murdering racist. Did I jump on the "We must get rid of the Confederate Flag, going so far to even remove it from the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee? No, I didn't jump on that bandwagon. I'm afraid you, and those hypocrites on the Left, had that bandwagon all to yourselves. As for Castile, what happened was tragic. But there was no video, other then what his girlfriend took AFTER the shooting. It could've been a trigger happy racist cop, or it could've been that Castile didn't stop reaching for his carry permit, or it could've been something else entirely. We just don't know. Although I do find it highly interesting that right away you have assumed that the cop was the villain.

At least one CAN ask those assaulted by Antifa how relevant or irrelevant they consider Antifa. No one can ask Heather Heyer how irrelevant she considers the neo-Nazis because one of them murdered her. We can't ask her about how she feels about the other Nazis going on TV and the Internet to laugh at her for being too slow and heavy to dodge their buddy's car. We can't ask her how she feels about her mother getting death threats from these fine "Conservative groups".

As for the Castile case, there WAS another video of the shooting...the police dash cam video. I saw it. The police dept. released it the day after the guy was let go by the jury. Maybe you missed it, as busy as you always are on here questioning the Left's outrage. You have no idea what I thought "right away" when the Castile case broke. I make it a habit of waiting for more illuminating information and reportage on things like this. Unlike some, like YOUR president. And I must admit, I find it interesting and revealing that now that the case is four or five months in the rear view mirror you still "just don't know" whether the officer was a trigger happy cop or not. Pumping 12 or 15 shots into a man in a car (all on dash cam video) and never receiving a single shot of return fire, with eye witness testimony stating the victim never pulled out the gun that he was legally authorized to carry and in fact clearly announced its presence to the officer. You can't come to a conclusion of there being a trigger happy cop? Right....

My point about your threads on outrage is that they are always pretty much carbon copies of what you have posted before...insert new "racist" hate group du jour or a few gang kids in Chicago or somewhere else doing sickening stuff that you can't understand why Schumer, Pelosi, and board members here aren't passing out mea culpas for, tearing out their hair and rending their garments. On the converse, where is YOUR president's outrage when hate crimes are perpetrated against Muslims in this country? No characters left in the old tweet machine for those? Why is it when a black or Latino gets murdered by the police and a grand jury lets the cops slide we get no tweeted outrage or official condemnation from YOUR president, just patting the cops on the back and telling them to be sure and get a little rougher with the heads of those arrestees, bang 'em good on the car door before taking them in? And then of course authorizing them some grenade launchers. And Ryan, McConnell, Sessions, Cruz, where's their outrage for the victims of police murders of racially targeted minorities? Crickets....just like you. There's a Conservative group for ya.

You say your outrage for the murdered churchgoers was there. Great, rack yourself a point up for your humanity. But the point is I never saw a thread by you calling out the Right asking them where was their outrage and how could this racist nutball get that gun and why other murderous racist Right Wing scum are so easily able to get efficient implements of mass destruction to act out their murderous racist impulses. Now you may say yadda that's not fair. Why should I be expected to post threads about my outrage that racist rednecks have easy access to assault rifles and extended magazines? Maybe I don't mind that guns are easy to get. I support the 2nd Amendment! And of course you'd be right. Why should you be expected to write your threads about outrage from my perspective?

But the unfairness of me calling you and your fellow travelers out for not decrying easy access to guns for crazies is analogous to you calling us and ours out for not expressing outrage about Antifa or Black Lives Matter. I personally admire and support BLM. I have no reason to be outraged by them. Antifa I don't think that much about. I am against them assaulting speakers in an unlawful manner. That is wrong. But on the other hand I can understand in the context of what is going on in our country why a counter effort crops up to balance the scales. When you have Nazis and the KKK running around rallying on our city streets it's bad enough. But when you have the pesident of the United States giving their assemblies  cover and support as "fine people" you have a serious problem and threat to our country and its democratic stability and norms. And that's when you get an opposite reaction forming to meet such bizarreness as your president encourages. You say Antifa, standing for anti-fascist, as necessarily a bad thing. But the fascists they oppose are a bad thing too. Sometimes an infection requires a strong antidote or curative, with negative side effects. But Nazis and the KKK are an infection, a cancer to our body politic. Antifa may just be a nasty naturally arising anti-body or chemo treatment...maybe some hair falls out. Maybe a Right Winger or a Nazi gets roughed up. Heck, that can happen just putting an arrestee into a police car.



Equally applicable to your repeated calls for the "Left" to be outraged on behalf of your perspective of Antifa or BLM. Again, I don't personally identify as a "leftie". But I do have opinions about the Antifa activities in Berkeley and Charlottesville and the general goals of BLM. I do not condone or support the activities or tactics of the anti fascist criminals who assaulted the right wingers in Berkeley. I think they should be arrested if they can be identified, though I'll admit it appears the Berkeley police and city government didn't appear too motivated or prepared to stop the assaults. As for BLM I support and stand with their aims and goals. Their group acronym of BLM for Black Lives Matter is to me perfectly descriptive of what they seek to accomplish. They wish to stop the egregious repeated incidents of murder and unwarranted abuse of black people by police, which is systematically enabled and supported by racist oriented policies of a broken justice system, prosecutorial and judiciary. Your opposition I believe is fostered by your own prejudices inflamed by the racist urgings of the media you are manipulated by.

Okay, I've rambled enough.

Edited by yadda yadda, 29 August 2017 - 09:57 PM.


#12 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:


But the point is I never saw a thread by you calling out the Right asking them where was their outrage and how could this racist nutball get that gun and why other murderous racist Right Wing scum are so easily able to get efficient implements of mass destruction to act out their murderous racist impulses. Now you may say yadda that's not fair. Why should I be expected to post threads about my outrage that racist rednecks have easy access to assault rifles and extended magazines? Maybe I don't mind that guns are easy to get. I support the 2nd Amendment! And of course you'd be right. Why should you be expected to write your threads about outrage from my perspective?

Actually no, it IS fair. You're right, I usually don't post, or start, those threads; mainly because I'm fairly certain others here will. While, by and large, when it's the other way around: Say Antifa attacking peaceful people at a rally at Berkley...then there are crickets here. Nobody, but me, seems to start those threads.

You claim BLM wants to end racism against minorities by the police? That sounds great, and is noble. HOWEVER, when part of the group starts chanting "What do we want? Dead Cops. When do we want it? Now" Or the pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon." And the BLM does NOT denounce those chants...well, it's kind of hard not to paint the entire group with a brush, if you know what I mean. Same way I view everyone in the KKK. Or, to better illustrate my point. Those Neo Nazis that were carrying the torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us." Lets, for arguments sake, say there were ONE or TWO people in that march, carrying a torch, but were NOT chanting. I would still paint those one or two that weren't chanting as racist Neo Nazis. Same holds true when BLM stays silent about the wanting of dead cops, and frying 'em like bacon.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#13 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:



At least one CAN ask those assaulted by Antifa how relevant or irrelevant they consider Antifa. No one can ask Heather Heyer how irrelevant she considers the neo-Nazis because one of them murdered her. We can't ask her about how she feels about the other Nazis going on TV and the Internet to laugh at her for being too slow and heavy to dodge their buddy's car. We can't ask her how she feels about her mother getting death threats from these fine "Conservative groups".


fair point.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#14 Omega

Omega

    Nous sommes tous Franšais

  • Moderator
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

https://en.wikipedia...nd_organization

It's really difficult for a group with no central organization to denounce anything.

#15 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:


But the point is I never saw a thread by you calling out the Right asking them where was their outrage and how could this racist nutball get that gun and why other murderous racist Right Wing scum are so easily able to get efficient implements of mass destruction to act out their murderous racist impulses. Now you may say yadda that's not fair. Why should I be expected to post threads about my outrage that racist rednecks have easy access to assault rifles and extended magazines? Maybe I don't mind that guns are easy to get. I support the 2nd Amendment! And of course you'd be right. Why should you be expected to write your threads about outrage from my perspective?

Actually no, it IS fair. You're right, I usually don't post, or start, those threads; mainly because I'm fairly certain others here will. While, by and large, when it's the other way around: Say Antifa attacking peaceful people at a rally at Berkley...then there are crickets here. Nobody, but me, seems to start those threads.

You claim BLM wants to end racism against minorities by the police? That sounds great, and is noble. HOWEVER, when part of the group starts chanting "What do we want? Dead Cops. When do we want it? Now" Or the pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon." And the BLM does NOT denounce those chants...well, it's kind of hard not to paint the entire group with a brush, if you know what I mean. Same way I view everyone in the KKK. Or, to better illustrate my point. Those Neo Nazis that were carrying the torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us." Lets, for arguments sake, say there were ONE or TWO people in that march, carrying a torch, but were NOT chanting. I would still paint those one or two that weren't chanting as racist Neo Nazis. Same holds true when BLM stays silent about the wanting of dead cops, and frying 'em like bacon.

Your logic is skewed and invalid on your hypothetical argument about crowd and organizational composition. Let's examine your scenarios in direct comparison. In one march you have a group of let's say 150 Conservatives carrying torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and other vile racist sentiments. One or two in the crowd are carrying torches but not chanting, maybe they have laryngitis or they only speak German. You are willing to paint this couple of silent marchers with the broad brush of shared neo-Nazism. I probably would too. Your president would lionize them as fine people.

So now we go to Minneapolis for a BLM march. There are a couple hundred people marching. Up front maybe five, maybe a dozen, maybe even twenty marchers take up the "pigs in a blanket, frying like bacon chant." Fox News films this and beams it into the right wing brain 24/7. The composition syllogism isn't valid in reverse. One, two, or five bad apples don't necessarily spoil the whole barrel. That's a popular fallacy. And I worked as a produce professional for 34 years. I've seen more than my share of apples, bad and good. The bad ones mostly don't spoil or stigmatize the good ones. After you and your right wing bubble sharers watch that small segment of the Minneapolis BLM marchers frying that bacon every night, seven days a week for months you have a manipulated tendency to ascribe the bacon frying chant from the few marchers chanting it to not only the whole rest of the crowd marching in Minneapolis, but BLM marchers and activists nation-wide.

As for your stipulation that some supposedly existing BLM Public Relations office should have issued an apology and condemnation decrying the isolated chants of a relatively miniscule amount of marchers from an isolated march, how many of your Conservative groups stepped forward to distance themselves and condemn the neo-Nazis waving Nazi and Confederate flags and chanting against replacement by Jews? Yes, we had a tepid, insincere, belated, and forced ambivalent response from your president, later recanted. But where was the blanket condemnation by Conservative groups like the Republican National Committee? The Southern Baptist Convention? Daughters of the Confederacy? The Society of the Lees of Virginia? The Virginia Historical Society? Since we haven't heard a peep out of those organizations condemning the neo-Nazis and KKK marchers misappropriating and tainting the honor of the statue of Robert E. Lee to yell their vile racist chants , is it right to paint them with the same brush as that white supremacist scum by association? No, it's not. Any more than it's right to paint the whole of a national BLM movement by the words or actions of a very few.

Edited by yadda yadda, 29 August 2017 - 09:51 PM.


#16 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 29 August 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:


You have no problem identifying who you consider racist hate groups, Antifa and BLM. But the people you're defending for carrying guns (when nobody else is) are "Conservative groups" by your description. Why don't you identify these Conservative groups you're aligning with and speaking up for, LoTS? Like the ones at Charlottesville accompanied by armed militia men? Were they the 4-H Club, Young Republicans, or the RNC? Were Michael Steele or Reince Priebus out there screaming " Jews will not replace us!",  waving Nazi flags by torchlight? Fine regular everyday "Conservatives", huh? Are you embracing your Conservative (Heil!) brothers in this post, LoTS, or holding them away at arm's length by failing to reveal and identify the true nature of your Conservative friends? Antifa and BLM are racist hate groups, but your fine upstanding Conservanazis were just there with guns to preserve racial equality, peace, and understanding?

And once again you have combined two groups. The KKK, or white supremacist, and everyday Conservatives. Was the KKK, or Neo Nazis, at Berkley this Sunday? No. It was a Conservative group that the racist hate group Antifa targeted. Was in the regular Conservatives at Charlottesville? No, it was the KKK and neo Nazis. IMO, regular average Conservatives, despite what Trump claims, wouldn't have been at a KKK rally.

I didn't combine anybody. You are the one who talked about "Conservative groups" carrying guns at rallies. I pointed out you wouldn't name or label your Conservative groups but were more than willing to call out Antifa and BLM as racist hate groups. The only rally under discussion in this thread where guns were brandished by your evidently unmentionable "Conservatives" to defend against Antifa was at Charlottesville where you've already admitted the marchers were Jew-baiting neo-Nazis. Here in California and at Berkeley we don't allow our neo-Nazi scum to open carry assault rifles. It's against the law. So I'm not the one combining / equating groups. You're the one pointing out that your not-to-named Conservative groups = neo-Nazis per this example.

Edited by yadda yadda, 30 August 2017 - 12:16 AM.


#17 Omega

Omega

    Nous sommes tous Franšais

  • Moderator
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

https://www.democrat...newsroom/82917/

Found it.

#18 sierraleone

sierraleone

    All things Great and Mischievous

  • Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Meanwhile a Republican *politician* (i.e. a supposed leader and person of influence) warns a black attorney saying liberals wanting to take down confederate statues will be disappeared into swamps by rednecks…. WaPo

I don't say this to take away from, or ignore, violent acts or rhetoric from others. I hate what-about-ism and false equivalencies.  I condemn meeting peaceful rhetoric and demonstrations with violence.

But to suggest that antifa (from what I know of them …. I have read… 3 articles(?)... specifically about them since Charlottesville) is organized, has a coherent and shared/unified ideology/worldview, and shared political 'policies' among them…. Ha!
Or that those leading the left politically or culturally either shared or pandered to their ideology? Ha! (kinda hard when their isn't much unity/shared ideology among them, outside of being against fascism and willing to show up where fascists do….).

If Trump isn't a Neo-Nazi/KKK/White supremacist/separatist/nationalist, he sure knows how to pander and dog-whistle to them….
The President, the foremost and most powerful GOP politician in America right now….
You don't have leaders on the left doing similar with the far left. You just don't.

Here is a CBC opinion article that talks about how a former White Supremacist is reacting to this Presidency, and how, if White Supremacists get into politics, or are trying to sell their ideas politically, how they do so without sounding racist. Or less racist in some cases.

Edited by sierraleone, 30 August 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#19 gsmonks

gsmonks

    Tree Psychiatrist

  • Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 August 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

View Postgsmonks, on 29 August 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

"Antifa" as such doesn't exist. It's an Alt-Right rectal spewism concocted for meme purposes.

It most certainly does exist. But I love how easily the Left just dismisses the VIDEO evidence of it's existence.

As I've informed you many times over the years, LoTS, I'm a Conservative. As a secular Conservative, I'm an endangered species.

I don't like b.s. memes, either, and terms like "alt left" and "antifa" are b.s. memes. I don't give a rat's arse who utters them.

Many people I know, including many family members, are Lefties. Here is a list of things they don't like:

-climate-change denial
-evolution-denial
-the fossil-fuel propaganda machine that is in full gear right now
-the propaganda and lies coming from the corporate world
-the talking heads and agendas of CNN and the CBC
-incredibly stupid people who have the right to vote (and breed for that matter)
-the racism that has infected Conservatism
-the corruption that has infected both sides of the aisle
-conservative and religious kooks who think they have the right to stick their ugly noses into womens' rights and reproductive health
-ignorant conservative scabs who are pro-capital punishment

It can't have escaped your notice that all of the home-grown terrorists have been Conservatives.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#20 sierraleone

sierraleone

    All things Great and Mischievous

  • Islander
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

Read another article on Antifa, The history, theory and contradictions of antifa. It is actually a dual-book review. I knew some of it already, and some of the rest expanding on that information. What I found just as revealing(?) was the comments. There was either a clear antifa, or antifa supporter, there. Comments against antifa were present too.

Edited by sierraleone, 03 September 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html


0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users