Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

Yesterday's update:

November 13, 2018: This and That!

~ ~ ~

Pursuant to what I mentioned in yesterday’s entry…what was it again?…Oh, yeah! Dark Matter!  I sent out my rundown of what we need to accomplish in this relatively short period of time.  I say “short period” but, to you regular mortals, it may seem like an eternity.  In an ideal scenario, we get the ball rolling on Phase 1 in December which will lay the groundwork for Phase 2 (letting everyone in on the plan) in early 2019 and then, if all goes as planned, aim for a very “productive” Phase 3 in late summer to early fall.

~ ~ ~

Mapping out what logistics to plan for if it does work out!  :D

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#122 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,606 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

Best of luck to you.

I hope things work out.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#123 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

Well, at least we know it will only be a matter of weeks before we know what's going on.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#124 Kosmokrat

Kosmokrat
  • Islander
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:13 AM

OMFG!!! YES!!!

I didn't hear any of this being absent from social media for the most part lately.
And I didn't have any hopes for DM anymore.

But this sounds promising. If there is any justice in the Universe, we will get season 4 & 5 after all!! :)
Sentient life is momentary, lovely, even precious.
But in the time of the universe - our time - insignificant.
What is life, what is death? Don't you see... it's all the same.

#125 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:51 AM

I hope we do get some kind of continuation for DM and that they are able to get the entire cast back. I'd also love for them to find a way to bring One back as well but I'll settle for the currently alive characters.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#126 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

I hope there aren't any problems with getting the gang back together.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#127 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

It's early 2019.  :unsure:

#128 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

^It is still early days yet. For them early 2019 might mean January, February, or March. I'm sure when there is news, good or bad, we will know.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#129 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

Am I being too impatient?  :lol:

Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

#130 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

^I don't blame you. I want news as well but I'm hoping the longer they take to let us know the better. If it wasn't going to happen hopefully they would have told us by now.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#131 Kosmokrat

Kosmokrat
  • Islander
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Sadly, some not so great news... :(

Finally – sadly – those Dark Matter rumblings I reported on a couple of months ago have grown silent once again.  I had a conversation with a representative of a group with very deep pockets who had expressed interest in saving the show – and, really, COULD have saved the show had he been able to reach the right people when the series was first cancelled (And by right people, I mean me. Honestly, how hard am I to find online?).  They were interested in teaming on another project that, to be honest, while not my cup of tea, I would have happily worked on as a means of  establishing the foundation for potential bigger projects (And by bigger projects, I mean a Dark Matter revival).  Of course, in this business, nothing goes according to plan.  Strategies shifted.  Now, I’m working on these projects and they’re, I suspect, heading down the slippery slope of extended development hell.  It’s a rite of passage!

Sentient life is momentary, lovely, even precious.
But in the time of the universe - our time - insignificant.
What is life, what is death? Don't you see... it's all the same.

#132 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

Ah, well, we shouldn't be surprised. It had to be a long shot.  :(

#133 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:35 PM

That is depressing news. Like you RJ I figured it was a long shot but I was hopeful something would happen. I didn't even need another season. I would have been happy with a movie a la Stargate: The Ark of Truth that would have wrapped up the cliffhanger the last season ended on.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#134 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, a nice movie, like Stargate or Timeless would have been fine. Damn.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Fan campaign

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users